URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1790
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Another race a few more teams"

Posted by Starshine on 09-01-10 at 04:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-10 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

Andie and Jenna Whoa Sexie! Andie likes running (well it takes all sorts) and learning foreign languages, could come in handy! Jenna may turn as sexy as her Mother but is frightened of hights so maybe a problem there. They only met recently so the team dynamic may be a little odd.

Top 4 if they can get along

Brook and Claire Orange home shopping channel hosts. I may be stereotyping, but I'm thinking vacuous and annoying, their interview certainly is.

Early boot

Chad and Stephanie Bring on the beauty queen, he seems a little into himself and she wants to be Kelly Ripa could be interesting.

Final 4 if he holds himself together otherwise early boot

Connor and Jonathon Every race has an annoying team this is that team.

Fortunately I don't think they will be there that long, my tip for first boot.

Gary and Mallory Another beauty queen, <sigh> looks like dad will be carrying this team, but I think he can do it

Top 4

Jill and Thomas She enjoys Relaxing and getting sun whilst travelling he enjoys lounging. Not ideal! But again they look like a strong team.

Mid table

Katie and Rachel The cast to lose blonde team, professional beach volleyball players so they should be fit, and they may have some smarts.

That said another early out

Michael and Kevin Dad looks like he has been embalmed in the team photo which isn't a great start, other than that they seem a little meh.

Early departure

Nat and Kat The names, I mean Nat and Kat, come on. Nat has very frightening teeth that make the word zombie spring to mind. Both doctors so hopefully they have smarts, but are apparently bad at navigation.

Mid table

Nicki and Vicki Bikers and dog lovers, seem to have no redeeming features, never travelled.

Will be fighting to be the first team out

Team Token This time called Ron and Tomy. doesn't matter. They seem like nice people,

But won't make it that far

Where is the gay team? And how long do we have to wait for another set of twins?

Photos from http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/ opinions my own, and probably wrong

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Another race a few more teams"
Posted by jbug on 09-01-10 at 04:42 PM
You're funny LOL
Every team can't be an early out

Posted by shilfiell on 09-02-10 at 10:33 AM
Team Asian "a little meh"? That's KevJumba you're dissing! And check out how in shape dad is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWchMx_S1E

t least Team Gray is outdoorsy. They're actually one of my picks. But why did the producers choose so many hairstylists? Is this a desired skill for TAR?

And as for the gay team, I think they're getting a twofer on the token teams.

Posted by Max Headroom on 09-02-10 at 01:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-10 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

Always a pleasure reading Starshine's pre-race anaysis.

Andie and Jenna - Team Birth Mom/Daughter Given Up for Adoption. (Stunt cast #1). I just don't see a stay-at-home mom of 10 kids lasting long in the Race, plus Mom's too old and Daughter's too young and neither seem to have much in the way of useful race skills. Mid-race exit.

Brook and Claire - Team Home Shopping (Stunt cast #2). Loud, pushy TV home salespeople don't do anything for me. Could last long enough to be villains... but I don't think so as they don't seem to have any skills other than well-developed vocal cords. Early boot.

Chad and Stephanie - Team Colin and Christie Redux. Max's pre-race pick for this season's villain team, a bit young and inexperienced to last until the end, but they should be around for a while despite Stephanie being a former beauty queen. Mid-race exit.

Connor and Jonathon - Team Rincepton. A pair of dorky, a capella-singing college students? Not athletic, no skills, no hope. Early boot.

Gary and Mallory - Team Kentuckians (Stunt cast #3). Miss Kentucky doesn't seem as prissy as most beauty queens are, and Gary's in good shape for his age. That combination moves them up a bit on my list, though not too far. Mid-race exit.

Jill and Thomas - Team Bickering Dating Couple. Every season has a squabbling dating couple which does well in the race, and these two are this season's edition. Jill gets bonus points for being the cutest girl in the race, beauty queens notwithstanding. Final 3.

Katie and Rachel - Team Beach Volleyball (Stunt cast #4). Young, competitive, cute, athletic girls who have been a team for a long time, what's not to like? Except a mental error will do them in. Mid-race exit.

Michael and Kevin - Team Token Ethnic Minority. YouTube video expertise doesn't translate to race success, plus Michael's too old and Kevin's too young. Seem like nice people, though. Early boot.

Nat and Kat - Team Anethesiologists (Stunt cast #5). Smart, motivated women who work together well, could be a great team or could be terrible. My vote's for a strong team, and Kat can check my blood pressure any time. Final 3.

Nicki and Vicki - Team Las Vegas Ink. Bartender and hair stylist, neither of whom have traveled before, claim to be misunderstood/misinterpreted, where do they keep finding these people? No chance. Early boot.

Ron and Tony - Team Token African-Americans. Well-traveled and well-spoken, they seem like decent guys who should be steady, drama-free race performers and are my dark horse team to do surprisingly well. Final 3.

Disclaimer: I'm not known for my prowess in pre-race predictions. Feel free to ridicule my comments.

Posted by Belle Book on 09-02-10 at 04:46 PM
As long as Nat & Kat improve their navigational skills, I'm hoping they make the Final 3. And I'll be Kat for the BTAR game -- I think she's the Asian American one.

Posted by Starshine on 09-02-10 at 05:00 PM
They could be a good team, they should have the stamina.

Yep Kat is the Asian American one with the slightly less scary teeth

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by Belle Book on 09-02-10 at 08:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-03-10 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-02-10 AT 08:54 PM (EST)

I'm taking Kat for the BTAR game, then!

Posted by shilfiell on 09-03-10 at 02:34 PM
I better get in line for Vicki in BTAR then!

Posted by kidflash212 on 09-04-10 at 10:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-04-10 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Last season only one female made it to the final four teams. This year may be the opposite. My prediction, two all female and one dating couple in final three. Doesn't seem to be an Alpha Male team at all this year.

Who will be the Teri & Ian Lynn & Karlin Dandrew team this season? My bets on Brooke & Claire.

Where is my eye candy? Nick's okay but that ridiculous haircut reminds me of MaryAdam.

How many performances by the acapella dorks will we be subjected to? My hope for first team out. ACtually expect the first two teams out will be male/male.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by Belle Book on 09-04-10 at 12:18 PM
I agree with you on the Final 3 teams -- I have some reason to believe that two all-female teams and a male/female (dating) one will make the Final 3. I also have reason to believe that Brook & Claire will make the Final 3 -- and I believe that Nat & Kat will be the other all-female team. Incidentally, Brook is a former Miss Oregon, so even if Claire's not a former beauty pageant queen, Brook's pageant experience might help Claire out as well as Brook herself. However, I can see Brook & Claire as the Dandrew or Lyn & Karlyn team of this season, with either Nat & Kat (hopefully) or the male/female team winning.

Posted by Molaholic on 09-04-10 at 12:48 PM
OK, I've just reviewed most of the team videos -- we're gonna have a real tight contest this year for the Most.Annoying.Voice.Ever title.

Team S.T.F.U. will have at least 16 members...

Posted by PsychoKitty on 09-23-10 at 08:31 PM
That's hysterical! I was reading your post and thinking who is he referring to? MUST be the Ivy Leaguers/Singers and then I saw the count - too funny!!! I finally read the article with CBS' descriptions of the teams - Birth Mother? Oh my - there's gonna be a LOT OF DRAMA this time around! SINGGGGG ;)

Can't wait! Looks like lots of people to lvoe/hate!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl