URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 178
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"First Arc Over?"

Posted by trigirl on 02-03-09 at 08:26 AM
That was a good episode. Jack, Bill and Tony looked great didn't they? Filler, filler, filler.

Seems like this season is a little more thought out. I feel like we are having shorter story arcs. Is the first one over now? The CID ? devide is destroyed and now we can go ahead with the First Gentleman's storyline. I wondered why that has been dragging on so much.

I hope that Tony will not be gone for long!

So who is the baddy in the President's office? If it is Ethan then Jack is in trouble. Don't think it is Ethan, but when have we had a good chief of staff on 24?

bouncey by Ice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: First Arc Over?"
Posted by blacknwhitedog on 02-03-09 at 02:29 PM
So much enjoying this season- especially the pace- DH said last night remember how S-L-O-W season 1 was?

Kidron, Ohio- I had to laugh though- that's the middle of Amish country here- there's maybe population 1000 not 30,000

Syren 2007

Posted by AyaK on 02-03-09 at 04:06 PM
The guy that wrote the episode is from Canton, and he said that he originally wanted to put this in Warren. But a Fox exec comes from Warren, and he was worried that people might actually panic (a "War of the Worlds" effect, if you will).

But there's no one to panic in Kidron, because there isn't a chemical plant anywhere nearby, and the Amish don't watch TV anyway.

Posted by AyaK on 02-03-09 at 04:31 PM
The first seven episodes (in other words, everything we've seen so far) was filmed before the writers' strike last year. That's why the first arc came to an end. The original intent was to create a natural break-point if they had to stop production ... as they did.

So ... on to Arc 2, with Henry Taylor as a hostage.

What do we know so far?

Jack meets the president this week. We meet the president's daughter Olivia in episode 9. Later in the season, the terrorists attack the White House and capture President Taylor.

The rumor is that there is a Halliburton-type company called Starkwood in league with the bad guys, and Almeida is trying to infiltrate it.

Chloe and Janis Gold also meet in episode 9 (in real life, Mary Lynn and Janeane are old friends who did improv comedy together for years, and that's why Janeane is on the show -- they wanted someone else to play a Chloe-like part without imitating Chloe, and Mary Lynn suggested her friend). Mary Lynn had to miss six episodes because of her pregnancy, somewhere in the middle of the season -- which is apparently when we go back to Tony's storyline, although that's just a rumor.

And, of course, near the end of the season we get the return of Jon Voight. Carlos (Almeida) has confirmed that he has scenes with Voight.

Posted by bondt007 on 02-10-09 at 06:04 PM
Was that the whole second arc? Taylor's not a hostage any longer, and the "gang" is all shot up and dead.

Looking forward to how it is that the White House is going to get overrun. And what that will even mean...

Posted by AyaK on 02-12-09 at 11:46 AM
No, that wasn't the second arc. Actually, we're starting the second arc with episode 9, not episode 8. Sorry.

Posted by trigirl on 02-12-09 at 01:49 PM
oh good. I was surprised that they wrapped up the first gentleman's kidnapping so quickly. Was expecting a little more from that. Since I don't watch 24 previews (they give WAY too much away), I really don't have a clue where this whole story is going and I quite like that for a change!

bouncey by Ice

Posted by DrKegel on 02-03-09 at 07:53 PM

Totally agree about this season. I'm loving it!!!! The story is solid (so far) and, as always, the casting is just perfect!!!

I swear though, that First Gentlemen, Henry, is getting on my last nerve! What a yutz!! I think he's filling the place of the blonde bimbo that always falls because she twists her ankle when running from the monster/killer/space alien. This episode he's just like rag doll. Sure I'll lay down. Sure just stuff that gag in my mouth and lead me along! We're only in a condo where there's probably a zillion people and a doorman to boot! Sure, the trunk! Yeah, let me help you roll me in there! Breath in so you can close the trunk? Not a problem! One two three ... there!

Wakes up with two people dead next to him and of course just expects to go out the door with no kind of anything with him. Then, it's like, oh, yeah, that gun on the turncoat agent! Wow, you think I can get it out of his holster before the door busts open and ... guess not!!!

Then there was his trusting the agent to begin with. Oh, and his wife, Madam Prez, is also suffering from the same disease! The guy calls her and tells her to keep the meeting secret and it takes her what ... three seconds to tell someone about it? Of course she tells him not to tell anyone, but you tell someone that and the first thing they'll do is tell someone!!!!

The best scene? When Jack and Co. burst in to get the device back!!! Awesome!!!! And that chick playing Walker is too good. A tough as nails cookie!!!

Posted by flipxcyd on 02-05-09 at 00:54 AM
Me liking Agent Walker. You think Walker and Bauer hit it off later?

Anyways, I'm liking this season. The scene where Jack, Bill, & Tony are rescuing the prime minister and his wife was pretty awesome.

Who woulda thunk Dubaku is living a second life?

Posted by DrKegel on 02-07-09 at 03:32 PM
>Me liking Agent Walker. You
>think Walker and Bauer hit
>it off later?
>
>Anyways, I'm liking this season.
>The scene where Jack, Bill,
>& Tony are rescuing the
>prime minister and his wife
>was pretty awesome.
>
>Who woulda thunk Dubaku is living
>a second life?

Ooooh, yeah!

Jack is like the Energizer bunny of sexual encounters. In all the other seasons, the fate of the free world could wait a few minutes until Jack took full advantage of effect on women. And you think Walker isn't feeling the electricity?

I think it's all over for Walker and Moss. Jack is now on her radar. Oh, and is Moss the mole? I know everything is made to seem that shifty guy is, but he didn't know what Walker was told in the hospital until after.

Hmmmm...

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-09-09 at 05:50 PM

There's a blonde at FBI that I'm suspicious of being the mole. But I have been known to be wrong.

Posted by trigirl on 02-09-09 at 07:50 PM
This one? I think she's baaaad.

Posted by flipxcyd on 02-10-09 at 01:33 AM
Me three!

OMG OMG OMG...I think I'm gonna have a heart attack watching these episodes.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 02-13-09 at 02:30 PM
Yep, that one. I know her from some other show. She has Mole written all over her.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 02-12-09 at 03:11 PM
oh I knew girlfriend's sister was going to be a problem- you go girl~

Syren 2007

Posted by DrKegel on 02-15-09 at 04:26 PM
>oh I knew girlfriend's sister was
>going to be a problem-
>you go girl~
>
So funny!!!!!

I'm learning everything about what not to do when blackmailing someone to leave your baby sister alone:

1. Do not do so in a private phone call - do it on TV or better yet the web so you have witnesses!!!!
2. When the guy you're blackmailing - correction - when the guy who you really don't even know the identity of because he's lied about who he really is asks you if you told anyone else about what you know, you NEVER answer, "No." You always answer, "YES, I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH THE FBI, THE NEW YORK TIMES, FOX NEWS AND NANCY GRACE!!!!
3. You don't keep the letter in the envelope - YOU MAKE MILLIONS OF PHOTOCOPIES STAND ON THE CORNER HAND THEM OUT, SEND ANOTHER FEW THOUSAND TO YOUR ATTORNEY, SEND MORE TO THE IMMIGRATION BUREAU THAT HE GAVE THE WRONG INFORMATION TO AND KEEP THE REST IN A SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX THAT IS KEPT IN THE CAYMAN ISLANDS!!!!
4. You tell your baby sister what you know and blackmail her instead!!!!!

>
>There's a blonde at FBI that
>I'm suspicious of being the
>mole. But I have
>been known to be wrong.
>

Yes, but the part that's bothering me is that Walker was being kept alive as a hostage because they didn't know what she told to the FBI and what she knew. Then in the next phone conversation they said to kill her because they found out she only knew about that kidnapping (I'm getting the exact dialog mixed up, but Mr. Big said to get rid of her because they found out through the FBI mole what she said). Okay, then in the next scene or maybe the one after that, they showed that shifty guy that's having the affair sidling up to Janice and asking her what she knew about what Walker had told her. This means that he didn't know and asked AFTER Mr. Big told them to get rid of Walker.

Now the real person flying under the radar is Janice.

She must be the mole.

And the blonde knows everything only because she's sleeping with the shifty guy and if he had to ask Janice ... ????

"Solid double ep."
Posted by bondt007 on 03-03-09 at 05:22 PM
For some reason I like the whole “to torture or not to torture” sub-plot. Jack tortures at any cost “to get the needed information" and save the world. Walker has played along a little, but is questioning it and has stronger feelings for it. Larry is anti-torture, and even Bill walked away from it last night (although it would not have helped him). They have done a good job at painting it the shade(s)of grey that it is.

Besides that, Walker tailing the thugs that close was just ridicules, IMO. That’s a dumb group to have not caught her.

Now it’s a question as to who will be left standing in the White House at the end of the day…

"RE: Solid double ep."
Posted by Loree on 03-04-09 at 05:36 PM
Renee has more energy than I do. She jumps in the water and grabs the boat. She crawls up and does her snooping. Then she dives in and outswims a motor craft. She runs and climbs and runs and climbs all the way to the White House. But her eye makeup is still good. She has the best waterproof mascara I know of.

I still love the show though. But we do have to suspend belief. Why is there no way to communicate with the outside world from the secure room?