URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1771
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Next Bachelor-Jake"

Posted by CSHS79 on 06-23-09 at 09:59 AM
Ladies can we agree Jillian did us a favor by eliminating Jake? I say this because now Jake can be the next Bachelor and a women who will truly appreciate him will get her chance. I know if I was 15 yrs younger I'd surely be in line for that opportunity.
So Jillian you can talk all you want about wanting to see Jake's imperfections since he seeemed too perfect, he's not. I'm sure he has his flaws, something his family could have told you all about. After all he did mention his mom would have some truly embaressing stories to tell.
Maybe what was bothering you is your own insecurities about your own flaws since we all have them. You should have just trusted that Jake is a nice wholesome guy who would have been faithful to you and that he was telling the truth when he said he was falling for you.
So ladies, the line forms to the left of those who want Jake for themselves. If he liked older women, I'd fight for the head of that line.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Next Bachelor-Jake"
Posted by Loree on 06-23-09 at 10:23 AM
I think Jillian realized Jake was perfect on paper. And she should love him. But the chemistry just wasn't there for her. You can't force that. She knew he was falling hard and it was kinder to let him go before meeting his family.

Posted by true on 06-23-09 at 10:56 AM
I agree with Loree.

Personally, I found Jake nice but a bit boring. He really struggled to communicate with Jillian and while I'm sure he is a nice guy, I know little else about him because he was so bad at expressing himself (in that setting).

It just kills me that he (or any of these people) think they are in love after one date! No wonder these things typically don't work out in the real world.

"In Love vs Falling in Love"
Posted by CSHS79 on 06-23-09 at 12:26 PM
Have you forgotten these guys applied once they knew Jillian was the woman they would be pursuing,so you can't really say it was one date. Besides how long does it take to realize you're attracted to someone? So it's not farfetched for these contestants to say they're falling for Jillian or the particular Bachelor/Bachelorette.

As to Jake being boring,not for me. Perhaps you could say shy or rather resrved,wholesome but in my opinion very sexy. Maybe I just happen to like the Jimmy Stewart type, a man who was as sexy in his early film days as he was in his old age.

So I will repeat Jillian, you might not want him, but I for one would gladly take him off your hands if he likes older women(I'm 48).

Posted by canuklady on 06-23-09 at 12:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-09 AT 12:20 PM (EST)

What I, and I'm sure others, can't understand is how Jilly can't see through slimeball Wes. OMG when he made that snarky comment about having Jillian wrapped around his finger, I just wanted to reach through the tv and box him upside the head! Sorry, the guy gets on my last nerve...lol.

Back to Jake..he's definitely a super nice fella...not to mention a hotie!! Whew! As already mentioned, perhaps the sparks just weren't there for Jillian for Jake, the chemistry wasn't right. However, from the trailers from next week's show, Jake returns to give Jillian a heads-up on loverboy Wes. And someone joins the rose ceremony..Jake maybe?

P.S. I think Jake would be great as the next Bachelor!

Posted by Loree on 06-23-09 at 01:09 PM
In Chris' blog this week he says that him and Jillian have talked about Wes since the show has ended. She said Wes was always the perfect gentleman when he was with her and said the right things. She did not see the side of him that is being shown on TV. Chris said none of the other guys stepped up to tell her about Wes and they are regretting that now.

"No one called out Wes?"
Posted by CSHS79 on 06-23-09 at 01:50 PM
How can Chris say no one called out Wes? Weren't the promos about Jake's reappearance after being eliminated all about calling out Wes? It certainly appeared that way to me.

"RE: No one called out Wes?"
Posted by Belle Book on 06-23-09 at 07:32 PM
They may have regretted not calling Wes out while they were on the show. Jake called Wes out after he was eliminated. Although I think Wes will still stick around after the Hometown Dates (and Jake's calling him out), I don't think she'll take him home to meet her family.

Belle Book

Posted by Carezy on 06-23-09 at 02:32 PM

I think ED returns for the rose ceremony.

URGH, I hate Wes, but it's true... he's hiding his intentions when he's with Jill, so how is she supposed to know??? I hope she ditches him soon.

I think that Jake is saying that Wes has a girlfriend, but I REALLY want him to mention that he just wants to launch his career and be seen. That will sound more plausible as she already thought originally that's why he was there.

CROSSES FINGERS THAT HE IS NEXT TO GO!!!

Posted by jbug on 06-23-09 at 04:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-09 AT 04:42 PM (EST)

I keep thinking how this is gonna be if she ends up choosing Wes and then? watches the show with us and how she must be reacting and feeling right about now...

ETA: I'm sure tho that if she does (did) choose Wes, he definitely did not offer her a ring.

Circled by Capn2patch 6/09

"The rumor is..."
Posted by AyaK on 06-30-09 at 08:15 PM
...that Jillian comes to her senses and doesn't pick Wes for the final two.

Posted by qwertypie on 06-23-09 at 06:51 PM
Yeah, other than a few years and a husband and 3 kids, I think I would be perfect for him .

DH is getting a little annoyed when I keep shushing him when Jake appears on the screen.

Posted by woiwod on 06-23-09 at 08:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-09 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

I couldn't believe she let Jake go. I understand his comment about one being dangerous, one being weak and one just a child. So at this point my money is on Kypton. They don't show him that much but when they do he is great and easy on the eyes.
And yes, Jake should definitely be the next bachelor. He is a honey in many, many ways.
Also, Wes is a real smarthy player and has her completely fooled and I also would like to let her know about the comment he made about having her wrapped around his finger. What a CREEP!!

Posted by Loree on 06-24-09 at 11:44 AM
I do have to laugh at the edit the show is giving Wes. Who is going to want to buy Wes' music because of him being on this show? He is getting the edit where he comes off as a nasty jerk. Not to mention I think he looks worse and older in every ep.

Posted by canuklady on 06-24-09 at 12:30 PM
LOL..I have to agree with you! I think Wes may get a nasty surprise when he shows up on stage and gets booed by the females in the audience. That's if there even is an audience!

Posted by Loree on 06-24-09 at 02:44 PM
I laughed at this that Chris wrote in his blog about Wes at Emerald Lake....

One other funny Wes story from the group date: Wes had a few too many at the cabin and decided he was leaving and was taking a cab back to Austin Texas. That would have been one hellacious tab.

"What would have happened?"
Posted by CSHS79 on 06-25-09 at 08:43 AM
Chances are there were no cabs to come out there to take Wes to wherever he wanted to go. So odds are he was told to sleep it off and if he wanted to leave in the morning, he could. In a sober state of mind, the publicity hound in Wes obviously took over and he stayed.
I wonder if Wes had been able to leave what would have happened?
Since Jillian only had to cut 3 and she already cut Robby, so Wes would have been number 2, then she'd only have to let 1 go. Would she have cut Jake or Tanner?
I wonder if Jillian's mind would have been changed if she met Jake's family?

Posted by jbug on 06-25-09 at 09:18 AM
Wes always looks like he's had a few too many.
I would think Jillian would be able to smell the alcohol seeping from his pores - she's been close enough for sure!

Going red white & blue with Agman since 2009

"Nasty Suprise"
Posted by CSHS79 on 06-26-09 at 12:01 PM
The promos show Wes bringing Jillian to meet his band and most likely they will play for her and it'll probably be taped by the show. The nasty suprise I'm hoping for is for Wes to have a big party for when the hometown date episode airs and the part with them playing isn't shown.

Posted by thaishow1000 on 06-26-09 at 11:11 PM
jake should be the next bachelor because he has a cute face, a hot body and also everything else in between. i mean his personality is great. if i was old enough to go out with him, i would sign myself up to be on the bachelor/bachelorette. jillian does not know what she is missing out on. for one thing, he may be "perfect" but everyone knows that not everyone is perfect.

"Group Consensus"
Posted by CSHS79 on 06-27-09 at 01:00 PM
So the consensus is Jake is a good guy, with plenty of ladies who would love ot be the lady in his life,me included. Hopefully Jake can find someone who'll appreciate him.

As to his comment about him being the "black sheep" in his family, the world needs pilots too. After all, think about all the lives saved my med flight pilots. Jake may be a commercial pilot but I'm sure all the families of the people he's flown from place to place are grateful they arrive safely.

So Jake, good luck,and I hope you find the love you deserve.

Posted by tokei2 on 06-29-09 at 12:18 PM
If, after he comes back and spills the beans, Jake is not the one who Jillian picks, I think he should be the next Bachelor. I did not watch the season where Jason Mesnik had his heart broken by Deanna, but I did watch HIS Bachelor season {he's from Seattle..my son lives in Seattle..it was a no brainer}. I liked Jillian but I was rooting for Melissa. So when they announced Jillian would be the next Bachelorette, I knew I'd be watching. It's like you really get to know these people so you follow their story as long as the ride lasts. Whoever is the next Bachelor, as long as it's one of this season's best, I will be watching as well. If it's Wes, I couldn't be less interested but Kiptyn, Ed, Jake...that's a different story. My money is on Jake IF he isn't who she picks. {I know she let him go but he is coming back..who knows what will happen?}

"The rumor is..."
Posted by AyaK on 06-30-09 at 08:13 PM
...that Kypton finishes second and then becomes the next Bachelor.

"RE: The rumor is..."
Posted by jbug on 06-30-09 at 09:44 PM
Has it always been the way since after the first Bach that a rejected one becomes the next Bachelor or Bachelorette?
I've only watched since Deanna - and a few eps now & then before so . . .

Never any brand new unknown meat eye candy wanna for in love peeps?

Posted by DebCapsFan on 07-01-09 at 00:17 AM
Usually they get fresh blood for the Bachelors (with some kind of gimmick...he's a doctor...he's "royalty" he's an athlete, etc) and recycle the Bachelorettes. In fact, I don't think any of the B'ettes were new. Apparently most of the guys that audition for the show do so with designs on being the Bachelor, not on being the cattle for the bachelorette.

Sig by JSlice.

Posted by AyaK on 07-01-09 at 02:47 AM
That's right. All of the Bachelorettes have been recycled from their time on The Bachelor, and there has been one other string like this. Trista Rehn (#1) was the runner-up on the first season of The Bachelor (Alex Michael). So far, she is still the only person to marry his/her choice from the show (Ryan Sutter). Then Bob Guiney, who was fourth on Trista's Bachelorette show, became The Bachelor #4. He ended up marrying Rebecca Budig, an actress who did online commentary for the show. Then Meredith Phillips, who was (I think) third on Bob's season of the Bachelor, became Bachelorette #2.

Jen Schefft, who was chosen by Andrew Firestone in season 3 of The Bachelor before he dumped her, became Bachelorette #3. She didn't choose anyone, and dated Bill Rancic from The Apprentice for a while before she finally got married years later to someone else.

We didn't do this again until Brad Womack rejected all of his bachelorettes in season 11 (like Jen). Then DeAnna Papas, one of the final two, became The Bachelorette #4. Her runner-up, Jason Mesnick, became The Bachelor #13. His third-place finisher, Jillian Harris, became The Bachelorette #5, and apparently her second place finisher, Kiptyn Locke, becomes The Bachelor #14.

The string of Alex-Trista-Bob-Meredith ran for four seasons (although there were 2 seasons between Alex and Trista). The current string of Brad-DeAnna-Jason-Jillian-Kiptyn will exceed that by one season (although there was one season between Brad and DeAnna). So this isn't unprecedented, but this would be the longest such streak.

Posted by qwertypie on 07-06-09 at 02:22 PM
Well, if Kypton is the new Bachelor, I hope he has time to find a new family. Just saying.

Posted by true on 07-06-09 at 10:15 PM
yeah, and a personality.

IMO, there is no way that Kypton has a big enough personality to carry the show. Unless he suddenly falls crazy in love with Jill and gets rudely dumped, I don't think I'd care enough about him to see him as The Bachelor.

Posted by 007nurse on 07-04-09 at 06:16 PM
Jillian is an idiot to let Jake go! I hope they will make the right choice and make him the next Bachelor. He's every girl's dream! If I could only be 10 years younger, I would beg for the opportunity to spend time with him!!