URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 177
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How do you kill Jack Bauer?"

Posted by kingfish on 01-26-09 at 11:38 AM
If things could end in a tidy way, where the producers have their say as to what happens to his character instead of the series being unceremoniously dropped by the networks,

how should it happen?

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/24-exclusive-ki.html?cnn=yes

My thoughts are that his character not end completely. Because he is a tortured sole in the series, he should be retired to a life of contemplation, maybe as a hermit to a mountain cabin, or the desert, or a lonely spot in a foreign country, unable to completely erase the scars on his soul of the various hard decisions he's had to make for his country, or the memory of his personal tragedies as well as the loss of those he has loved from his mind.

I would hope that the isolation wouldn't induce him, as practical as he has had to be, to explore a mystic philosophy. It would be unoriginally trite, and it would seem to be too much of a stretch for a guy with his history. Maybe he could find a kind of peace with a very simple down to earth existence, a 'try to enjoy/endure one day at a time' retreat, as a, say, a fishing net repair guy in a poor fishing village. With machine guns, flamethrowers, and electronic spy and communication equipment in a hidden basement. For when he needs it.

And occasionally recur as younger agents seek his advice, guidance, and occasional assistance in saving the world.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How do you kill Jack Bauer?"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 01-27-09 at 01:04 PM
He and Tony buy a sailboat together and sail the oceans, taking the occasional job whether it be beating the crap out of pirates or killing the local druglord for some impoverished village.

Slowly they befriend others like them. Tony falls in love with a female Jack Bauer, buys an island and settles in to have Baby Boy Tony. Meeting up with Jack when the urge to kill strikes.

Jack becomes attached to a rough but gorgeous bar owner in an expatriot establishment in Belize that he does a job for, but the South American Cartel puts a hit out on her. Jack takes her, against her will, to Tony's island. They fall in love and have Baby Girl Bauer.

Flashfoward - Bay Boy Tony and Baby Girl Bauer grow up and take over the world.

Agman took me to the islands

Posted by kingfish on 01-27-09 at 10:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-09 AT 10:48 PM (EST)

Yeah, pirates! If the current season doesn't go there, that's a ripe plot line for next year.

Posted by DrKegel on 01-31-09 at 04:44 PM

I agree that he should never really be killed off.

Another faked death. He's shown many months later on a tropical beach (ala Body Heat), but with Chloe!!!!

Chloe, girl, you know you gotta crush on Jack!!!!

Posted by flipxcyd on 02-06-09 at 06:03 PM
Kill him with love.

Posted by trigirl on 02-08-09 at 02:53 PM
Just bring Kim back and he will be sucking a tailpipe before you know it.

Posted by sica077 on 02-19-09 at 01:24 AM
Ha ha ha! Every season, every episode, I bite my nails off that there is the slight chance that Kim will surface! I cannot stand her!

Agent Walker is starting to walk Kim's fine line in my opinion...

"Obi Wan Bower"
Posted by suzzee on 02-14-09 at 04:53 PM
He should be in a cave on the wastelands of Tatooine.

Fear and Loathing Tribe style 2008