URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1766
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 19, Episode 11 ... East Coast Spoiler Thread "

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-04-11 at 07:01 PM
With the games going on, will it be on-time in the USA?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 19, Episode 11 ... East Coast Spoiler Thread "
Posted by Belle Book on 12-04-11 at 08:09 PM
I live in the U.S., and I think it's on time where I live.

Belle Book

Posted by Snidget on 12-04-11 at 08:41 PM
At least here the late game is on FOX, so probably on time here.

The Giants seem to think they are on CBS as they tied up the game with 0:58 to go at 7:40, which is a situation NFL teams use to make TAR an hour or more late.

Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 08:50 PM
On time here. There was only one late CBS game (Ravens/Browns) and this part of the seaboard didn't have it.

"Cue it up."
Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 08:55 PM
jump back
what's that sound?
here she comes
full blast and top down
hot shoe
burning down the avenue
model citizen
with zero discipline

Posted by michel on 12-04-11 at 09:07 PM
Les Aventures de Tintin were probably the first books I ever read!

Posted by MsShel330 on 12-04-11 at 09:12 PM
I read Tintin as a child too. I must be one of the few Americans that did though.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-11 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

I had every single Tintin book while growing up! They`re still up on the bookshelf in my old bedroom at my parents house (they`re still in the same house that I grew up in), and every single book has been well-scribbled through as I read each book probably a dozen times or so.

I would have loved to do this challenge...

Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:18 PM
I would have recognized Tintin (and Snowy), but not the detectives.

I'm surprised this wasn't a sponsored task, given the movie's very-soon-now release date. Odd coincidence of timing added to the natural setting of Belgium?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:21 PM
Good question. Did the producers know that they`d be passing through Belgium at that point of time in filming (July or so) that this particular episode would be airing a couple of weeks before the movie released... if so, they missed out a big-time opportunity!

Posted by michel on 12-04-11 at 10:22 PM
Just out of curiosity to those who read the books: Which were your favorite adventures?

Mine were Le temple du Soleil "Objectif Lune" and "On a Marché sur la Lune"
(Prisoners of the sun (weird translation), Destination Moon and Explorers on the Moon)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 11:17 PM
Oh, that's a good question, many of them were great in their own ways and it's hard to compare books like that when you only read them from a kid's perspective (I think the last time I read a Tintin book was when I was about 13 or so).

Some of the books I most vividly remember: Red Rackham's Treasure, The Crab with the Golden Claws, Tintin in Tibet, The Calculus Affair and The Black Island. I even have a few editions in French (Snowy was known as Milou if I remember the spelling correctly).

Too bad they couldn't have taken part of the leg in a boat piloted by a Captain Haddock look-alike swearing 'billions of blue blistering barnacles' instead of a taxi while in Brussels!

Posted by michel on 12-05-11 at 00:00 AM
At least they got rid of the Bachibouzouks that thought Chalie Chaplin was part of the Tintin world!

(Milou is right)

Posted by Belle Book on 12-04-11 at 10:21 PM
I didn't read Tintin comic books, but I did watch a Tintin cartoon series, so I would've recognized the detectives as Thompson and Thomson. I'm surprised those who got the names wrong were still allowed to continue.

Belle Book

"Muy repido"
Posted by MsShel330 on 12-04-11 at 09:14 PM
Thank God we aren't doing the drinking game. I think that one phrase would get you smashed.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-04-11 at 09:20 PM
Stuck in the middle of a river in the dark. What fun.

Posted by MsShel330 on 12-04-11 at 09:24 PM
OH.HELL.NO!!!!
Walk a tightrope between two skyscrapers 35 stories up.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:30 PM
Wonder who'd be stupid enough to think that this clue is sending them to San Francisco in California instead of the towers in Panama City?

Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:33 PM
All-time casts or just this season? There's very few people who would have believed in a one-stop one-jump country.

Meanwhile, we get a little demonstration of that legendary faith/compassion combo. Yes, he just can't resist messing with her a little. And if she fell because of it? Forgiven.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-04-11 at 10:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-11 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

I'm sure that's exactly how Jesus would handle the situation - try to scare an already frightened woman even more.

ETA - that was sarcasm just in case any takes me seriously

And good for Sandy to face her fear and get it done. Mika wouldn't even go down a slide.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:27 PM
Going at a high speed as well with logs in the water... this has "lawsuit" written all over it.

Posted by vennui on 12-04-11 at 09:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-11 AT 09:35 PM (EST)

Are there pirana's in Pamama ? Or other things that go splash in the night?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:37 PM
Piranhas are much more common in the Amazon in Brazil, rarely found in Panama because they require still water to live in for the most part.

Posted by michel on 12-04-11 at 09:35 PM
Phil: "Teams must now figure out their next destination."
Teams: "Hey! Do you know what this is?"
Taxi driver: "Yes."

I guess "figure out" is a flexible expression.

"After the leg results:"
Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 10:01 PM
Seems to be.

"Delivery phobia."
Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:35 PM
"Detour: carry one small kitten to an apartment you'll have to find or let eighteen tarantulas scurry up and down your nude body for three hours...."

"Tarantulas?"

"Yeah. The kitten might scratch."

Posted by beau_30 on 12-04-11 at 09:37 PM
did anyone else catch the note onvthe roadblock? It shower the 4 who had to complete the roadblock.

Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:45 PM
*nods* Shows just how close to the leg run they're actually printed. Those clues were probably planted during the Belgium Pit Stop.

Posted by michel on 12-04-11 at 09:37 PM
Amani and Marcus should have stayed with the group and do the other task.

Posted by michel on 12-04-11 at 09:40 PM
...or not! That worked out well for them!

Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:46 PM
That's a rarity. If it had been a wait-in-line task like the tightrope walk, that's a practical decision -- but with multiple stations, you usually just lose travel time.

"Panama Viejo"
Posted by Snidget on 12-04-11 at 09:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Viejo

Or balboa something or other.

Whatever.

"Snowboarders lost."
Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:48 PM
...nah. I've had my hopes raised too many times for one day. All the talk about them always coming in first could be the irony edit, but it's got just as much chance for them to accidentally drive right up to Phil's feet.

"RE: Panama Viejo"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:49 PM
Andy and Tommy really are barking up the wrong tree, aren't they? I certainly wouldn't be upset to see them Philiminated here, but they're the luckiest people on the face of the earth, so they'll somehow luck into it.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:51 PM
Ernie/Cindy's on the same Balboa wild goose chase, while Jeremy/Sandy figured to draw the shape of a building they saw on one of the dancers - and it's the Panama Viejo.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-04-11 at 09:55 PM
This would have been a better final leg if the teams drove themselves.

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-04-11 at 10:03 PM
No kidding. Then the teams wouldn't have benefited from the taxi drivers working together, instead of actually figuring it out for themselves.

"At the pit stop..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:55 PM
...at the Panama Viejo:

1st - Jeremy/Sandy (they win a trip to Turks and Caicos)
2nd - Ernie/Cindy
3rd - Marcus/Amani
4th - Andy/Tommy - stunner!

"RE: At the pit stop..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 09:57 PM
The finale should be interesting - there's no 'super team' and they're all pretty evenly matched up, each with one male and one female.

Posted by dabo on 12-05-11 at 01:26 AM
Plus the pit stop is a virtual bunching point, they will all be leaving within minutes of each other.

Posted by Max Headroom on 12-05-11 at 10:00 AM
My thoughts exactly. The departure of alpha-male team Andy/Tommy leaves a very level field of three male-female teams which have each won at least one leg.

Posted by MsShel330 on 12-04-11 at 10:01 PM
>...at the Panama Viejo:
>
>1st - Jeremy/Sandy (they win a
>trip to Turks and Caicos)
>
>2nd - Ernie/Cindy
>3rd - Marcus/Amani
>4th - Andy/Tommy - stunner!

I'm happy; the surfers have been getting on my nerves for a while.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-04-11 at 10:07 PM
I'm glad that Jeremy & Sandy won this leg - they actually figured out the clue.

"Accidental collusion."
Posted by Estee on 12-04-11 at 09:58 PM
Ernie & Candy and Amani & Marcus had no right to show up at the old city -- but at the same time, doing so wasn't their fault. They had no control over what their taxi drivers were doing -- and for what might have been the first time in series history, it brought them to where they needed to be.

And have you ever seen a group of teams so happy to have knocked a pair out? I don't think the snowboarders made a lot of friends on this course.

"RE: Accidental collusion."
Posted by Snidget on 12-04-11 at 10:04 PM
I wonder if they get TAR in Panama? Have we ever seen that many taxi drivers all colluding to get the racers to the right place?

Well given how dominant they were, even if they were well liked I think everyone would want them gone. However I do wonder if some of the glee may have been for reasons other than my chance to win just went up by quite a bit.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-04-11 at 10:11 PM
Has any team ever lost a lead heading to the Pit Stop before the way Andy & Tommy did this leg? I can't remember any time in the past that the team in first place heading for the Pit Stop got lost and were eliminated.

Posted by michel on 12-04-11 at 10:11 PM
My first reaction was that it wasn't fair for the snowboarders to be eliminated simply because they were first at the last task but then I thought better: They were first only because of the bunching point after messing up the Tintin task (Charlie Chaplin? Really?) and there was nothing forcing them to leave so quickly for Balboa. They could have stayed there longer since they were obviously ahead of everyone.

It'll make for a better finale.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-04-11 at 10:26 PM
Did it seem to anyone else that Andy & Tommy didn't know who Charlie Chaplin was? Did they actually believe he was a comic book character?

Posted by Belle Book on 12-04-11 at 10:24 PM
I think it's less that the snowboarders made few friends on the course than the fact that the snowboarders were so dominating that most of the other teams wanted them gone so that they would have a better chance.

Belle Book

Posted by bondt007 on 12-05-11 at 00:22 AM
Agree - the other three teams were happy to have less competition.

"Next Week"
Posted by kidflash212 on 12-04-11 at 10:45 PM
Looks like two Roadblocks and a flight simulator.

I'm interested in seeing the Roadblock showing Cindy and Marcus climbing a large map. Cindy is most likely best prepared to remember every destination in the right order (you just know she kept detailed notes) while Marcus easily bests her in physical strength.