URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 176
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Link For Next Season's TryOUTs.."

Posted by D mOs hEYE on 05-01-05 at 10:38 AM
Hi guys,

My brother in law informed me of realityworld.com and there was a invite to certain cities where they were having tryouts for the next Season.

Does anyone have that link by any chance? Thanks

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Link For Next Season's TryOUTs.."
Posted by thecontender2 on 05-02-05 at 12:12 PM
Casting Director for season one was:
Michelle McNulty
http://www.chicagoboxing.com/pages/contender1.html

Casting Consultant was:
Frank Stallone
http://www.frankstallone.com/

I do not know anything about a season two. This is as far as I can take you.
Google your way around the net and let me know if you find any concrete news.

Peace.

Posted by D mOs hEYE on 05-02-05 at 01:50 PM
Thanks

Every little bit helps....my brother in law told me that they just had tryouts in DALLAS...just 3 hours away from me (houston). All the other tryouts are far away but it's worth it. I'll make it if I can just find out how and where they are.....Thanks Again

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-02-05 at 04:00 PM
More links but nothing concrete
http://www.realitytvcalendar.com/scoreboard/contender/tc-04-18-05.html

http://www.realitytvcalendar.com/subscribe.html

http://www.ilovereality.com/Casting/

Posted by Superbad on 05-02-05 at 05:08 PM
I read an interview with Tommy Gallagher and he was talking
about "next season". Apparently, the ratings have been good for the show, although I haven't read anything recent.

Anybody know the current situation with the ratings?

Posted by D mOs hEYE on 05-02-05 at 08:40 PM
Thanks....

I'll look at those links

Posted by D mOs hEYE on 05-02-05 at 08:43 PM
Okay

I think what I have to do is look at the casting application links

they have a list of all castings for the reality shows

so...I see them for just about all the reality shows accept for TheContender..

I'll just keep fighting and fighting...Until someone in the Gym hears something or you guys point me...thanks

Posted by Strat on 05-03-05 at 10:35 AM
Guy's Im not sure what you are talking about...The Contender 2 is going to be set in Europe with the top eight boxers fighting European fighters....Very secure source....Boxeers are due to leave around the end of July for a two month period....Should be awesome ..Gee I wonder who came up with that...perhaps Sly *S*

Posted by thecontender2 on 05-03-05 at 04:17 PM
"Guy's Im not sure what you are talking about...The Contender 2 is going to be set in Europe with the top eight boxers fighting European fighters....Very secure source....Boxeers are due to leave around the end of July for a two month period....Should be awesome ..Gee I wonder who came up with that...perhaps Sly *S*"

Very secure source?????

With the top 8 fighters? US fighters?
Tell us more.

Posted by Strat on 05-03-05 at 07:03 PM
>"Guy's Im not sure what you
>are talking about...The Contender 2
>is going to be set
>in Europe with the top
>eight boxers fighting European fighters....Very
>secure source....Boxeers are due to
>leave around the end of
>July for a two month
>period....Should be awesome ..Gee I
>wonder who came up with
>that...perhaps Sly *S*"

>
>Very secure source?????
>
>With the top 8 fighters? US
>fighters?
>Tell us more.

Yes very secure source ....and the top 8 fighters I am talking about are the Final 8 fighters on the show....Was told by one of the fighters 2 weeks ago that Sly called him and asked him what he thought about it....He said ..."Let's Do It!"

Posted by FarwestChips on 05-03-05 at 07:35 PM
VFW, you need to get this info for us man, its killing me man, it just cant be true.
What if all the American fighters go down in the first or second round? The show would be dead here in the states.
Seems like a big risk for a show that is already fighting the ratings. I guess they could add bay watch babes and make it work in the U.K..
P.S. Im guessing the car wreck is going to stop the prince from making a come back? Rumor has it he was driving and the guy in the other car is hurt bad. If its true its too bad cuz Id of loved to see him get owned by Manny or Erik.
P.S.S. Im glad Ruiz lost but did he have to lose to the mouth?
Did you get a chance to see the post fight? LMAO my idea for season 2 looks even better now huh? Some one get a message to sly, let him know you got a golden child for the position of Jr. producer for the show.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-04-05 at 09:53 AM
I'll check it out. I can't see certain folks in the last eight being at all interested in remaining tied to the show, although the way the contracts are constructed, they may not have much choice. If this is true, it's a very, very new development. I could ask Ishe, but he insisted he wasn't even going to be on this last season even when I knew he was, so I may need to troll my secondary sources.

Personally, I doubt that there was ever going to be a Naz comeback. Word has it that the guy is walking around at 160 lbs or so and living the good life. But this little incident sure won't help.

I think JT is hilarious, frankly. I love his lip. I need to check to see what happened to his proposed reality show on Spike. It was supposed to have begun airing by now.

Posted by ladro on 05-04-05 at 11:49 AM
I'm not saying this is impossible, but it seems unlikely to me. I have seen a lot of one post wonders on these boards make some crazy claims, so I tend not to take such claims seriously. Sly may indeed want to do this, but I doubt he would get the network to sign on, given the lackluster ratings.

Posted by Strat on 05-04-05 at 12:50 PM
I definitely can understand your hesitation in believing this, I would too! Not trying to yank anybody’s chain here but the truth of the matter is that conversation did happen between Sly and this fighter,now whether it happens or not it is in the working stages. Also in conversation with the boxer’s significant other she brought it up and I asked what she thought about it and she stated “I can’t wait a free paid vacation to Europe for 2 months!” Also guess who is going to be boxing on pay-per view July 2nd? ……….Jesse and Ishe……….Can’t wait! Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Posted by Rebellwyr on 05-04-05 at 01:14 PM
Where did you hear about this pay per view? have a link?

Posted by Strat on 05-04-05 at 02:40 PM
From the horses mouth…Let me find out if that is privy info first….and no link to this point as far as I know….Seems there was some words spoken on Ishe’s way out …something about some unfinished business that needed to be taken care of. Personally I think Jesse when he made the decision to match Ishe and Sergio up he was thinking way ahead…probably a smart move on his part, got to think of the payday ahead! Anyways I'm sure VFW seems to have a lot of the answers, gives him something else to track down. By the way VFW that was kind of lame posting results of the fights, that could have hurt a lot of people plus ratings…should of kept it to e-mail only. I realize that I am giving out info but not on the results…

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 05-04-05 at 04:45 PM
By the way
>VFW that was kind of
>lame posting results of the
>fights, that could have hurt
>a lot of people plus
>ratings…should of kept it to
>e-mail only. I realize that
>I am giving out info
>but not on the results…

Part of me does kinda wish on one level that I hadn't mentioned I had the results. But I asked everyone on the forum what to do before I posted them. I would have kept it to e-mail, but several people asked me to set up a thread, and the number of e-mails I received was insane. And I clearly highlighted the fact that the thread contained major spoilers. So if by people getting "hurt" you mean by people stumbling across the results--well, I couldn't have done much more to warn them off. And I really don't think anything posted here is likely to hurt ratings. Besides, the results are pretty common knowledge in at least part of the LV boxing community, and I suspect more widely too.

"Agree"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-04-05 at 05:05 PM
This board has ALWAYS had Spoilers being posted. As long as they are clearly labeled to insure that people don't get the info if they don't want it, there is a strong tradition of trying to ferret this information out for interested parties.

If you aren't interested, don't read the thresd.

FTR, I have no idea how these fights will turn out and don't want to know, but I greatly appreciate you sharing your info and insight with those who want to know.

Posted by Strat on 05-04-05 at 05:50 PM
Understood, I realize you had a lot of people wanting to know the results, sometimes it’s better to keep info to yourself, as I am finding out…..No hard feelings, I just think that at some point it could adversely affect the amount of people who would watch the few last episodes. I will be at the finale in Vegas …Can’t wait! Oh and forgive me rat eater for intruding in on your board, I realize you have a gazillion postings and I have a mere four, I guess I will have to ask your permission to post my thoughts in YOUR message room.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-04-05 at 05:55 PM
Not at all. I just assumed that since you didn't have a lot of posts that you might not be aware of the prior track record on this issue. The mods are very hard on people who post Spoilers WITHOUT the proper warnings and preventive measures. Sorry if you took my post any other way.

Welcome to the boards.

"Two words"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-04-05 at 12:05 PM
Rocky. IV.

This would certainly fit with Sly's past experience and IS a cool idea. That being said, I'm just happy that there's talk of a season 2. This has quickly become my absolute favorite RTV show (sorry Survivor and TAR) and I'd love to see a second season.

"RE: Two words"
Posted by D mOs hEYE on 05-04-05 at 01:28 PM
Talking from a Boxing Stand point...
It would be a GREAT idea....

This will open the doors to promoters to see outside talent
If there REALLY is any..
If you pick up any EUROPEAN Boxing Magazine...no#1 Mag

BOXING

it only highlights the ENGLISH or EUROPEAN fighters....ONLY
No Articles of any American Fighters...
and You know how we have KO ...The Ring..TKO and other Mags
They have their RING Champions...Dirty Dozen Fighters and So on...
If the Fighter is legitmate in ANY country...he is on OUR Roster
But in the BOXING Magazine

WE HAVE NO FIGHTERS IN THE TOP OF THEIR RATINGS ON ANY WEIGHT CLASS execept for one and that was a while ago when I looked but I was a steady buyer just to read because in my location of TEXAS they didn't have ANY Ring Magazine...

But they had only Roy Jones Rated 6th....LOL place in the Light Heavyweight CLASS with ALL EUROPEAN Boxers ahead of him...Those Such as Calzache was running...but they are Biased is to the only reason this wouldn't go well...

ON THE Other Hand...This will allow the AMERICAN boxers...to Destroy them and LOOK GOOD....

European Boxing is Strictly Bicycling...hardly any punches and they throw a lot of jabs and Straight Rights....

No Big Power Punchers...

So this will ELEVATE our Guys if they Can Box a Strict Boxer and Out point him because the Judging Their is BIASED as well

To show for example....NO ONE HAS GONE TO EUROPE and Beaten Calzache
We had a Contreversy Call when he was Knocked to the Canvas against The Black Guy From ALABAMA who was Champion here for 2 years lose then come back and when it again ....
I forget his name...but after that fight....to which I REMEMBER seeing on Show Time...

Calzache Threw a Flurry of Punches and The Rolled off most of all of them and Calzache Started saying STOPPED THE FIGHT

Stop the Fight....and Then look to the REF and WINKED!!!!!!!!

Then he threw more flurries which were only shoulder tagging him .....and none connecting to the body or head

and after he looked over his shoulder while throwing punches that weren't landing...

he looked at the REF again he STOPPED THE FIGHT...and he Denied doing any of it

The Announcers that night asked him why was he winking his eyes and trying to tell the REF to Stop the Fight when you weren't hurting the guy....

This was Right after he was HIT and knocked down so it was clear to see that he was HURT and Couldn't handle the Figher..

This is the only reason to why the guys need to Focus and Take Advantage of the Oppurtunity and Not spoil it for themselves

Im 14-0 amatuer fighter with 1 Silver Gloves (Open Championship) for Middlweight Division...and 1 Golden Gloves Champion(NOVICE) Only..

Im trying to turn pro by the end of the year....
I'll probably try and see if I can catch the 3rd Season...

Thanks for the Help guys