URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID49
Thread Number: 176
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Memories, Memories!!!"

Posted by Sophie on 09-16-03 at 02:22 PM
Topic: Cupid memories.

Discuss.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Memories, Memories!!!"
Posted by djk on 09-16-03 at 03:18 PM
I laughed the hardest while watching the date where Robert bought the dress (or was that a shirt??) for Lisa.As much as this guy annoys me, he has kept the show interesting!

Posted by toodles on 09-16-03 at 03:54 PM
That is exactly why people have kept him around. I felt sorry for him - I am glad they kept around, though, because it got so much better for him and he kind of redeemed himself. He is still a piece of work, but at least he can feel better about himself now that Laura and Kimberly have stopped calling him a loser, etc. to his face!

Posted by Joyful on 09-16-03 at 04:55 PM
My first memory is of the moment I got hooked on Cupid. I, like many others, had firmly stated I was NOT going to watch this show when I saw the advertisements. But one Tuesday I had put the kids to bed and was in my channel flipping zone I came across Hanks first date with Lisa. It was the one where they had to make their own money and he took Lisa on a picnic. When Lisa hugged him and said "I don't want to leave you" and Hank was feeling like a dork because he hadn't worked up the courage to kiss her.... I was hooked like the fish on their second date! Since then all Hank and Lisa moments are my favorites!

But since I can't lie to my Cupid friends, Robert has also left an indelible mark as well.
A few examples:
When he sniffed the underwear he was buying for Lisa (yuck!)
When he goggled at Lisa's boobs while on the roller coaster at the pier.
Crying like a girl at the table while Lisa wondered if a straight jacket was on the menu
His painful serenade at the bowling alley! (OMG!)
His sullen face when he finally got the picture Lisa didn't like him at his friend’s house (unfortunately it didn't last long)
And last but not least...
"I vant to vin Lisa's haught"

Also when that girl kicked Scott in the family jewels when he was trying to make money by letting people bean him with foam bats. That was pretty funny!

Posted by gopher1956 on 09-16-03 at 05:21 PM
By far the saddest memory is Robert singing to Lisa....OMG fer sure !! Best memory is Evan and Lisa at the beach...all of it....just so sweet...

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-16-03 at 05:46 PM
Joyful, these are some of my favorite memories too. When I saw this thread the first thing I thought of was Lisa whispering to Hank that she didn't want to leave him. I was a casual Cupid watcher until that moment....I was totally sucked in then! All the Lisa and Hank moments are my favorites.

The Robert moments you mentioned are good ones too....we shall never forget "scratch n sniff" Robert! LOL
I loved the look on Lisa's face last week when he asked for the dessert to go! Panic! Poor girl, she endured a lot (she really should just be given the darn money outright....how many sitcom stars get paid more than that and don't have to suffer nearly the pain Lisa has?)

Posted by Swami on 09-16-03 at 06:08 PM
I liked the first Rob who was booted first. He's the guy who made the most money--he sang pretty well, but wow that guy had some great booty moves when he danced! He was so worth keeping over Scott & Joe!

I also liked it when Hank told Lisa he wanted to take her clothes off and make love to her. Got me all hot.

I also liked Robert the panty-sniffer, LOL! He mugged for the camera perfectly when he did that. That's when all the Robert Guys became true believers, I think.

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by ashleybfogg on 09-16-03 at 06:54 PM
Nope, I loved him from the start, Swami. I think a lot was mugging, like you say, but he's just so bumbly and cute. I know you all think we who love Robert must just be spoilers but we really love Robert - it is TV and he's been perfect for it. Maybe he is a 'plant' like cruiser says - I don't know, but he made the show for me.
(oh and about 'Tall Rob' i liked him too - maybe the dancer in me....)

ash

Posted by Swami on 09-16-03 at 07:40 PM
>>you all think we who love Robert must just be spoilers but we really love Robert - it is TV and he's been perfect for it.<<

I agree with you, Ash, that Robert is great TV, and certainly earned & deserves his own fans. I guess I might have felt a little testy when several people seemed to say they wanted to vote Robert just to spoil the show for the "dumb" viewers. I don't see that as being a fan of Robert--just using him in an antisocial way. I also don't get upset when the show itself is slammed (I slam it myself), but I am all about respecting my fellow posters and their points-of-view, however different from mine they may be. Does that make sense?

IceCat is a Genius

Posted by Sophie on 09-16-03 at 07:48 PM
Agreed. Here's to hoping Robert is a plant!

My favorites from Cupid:

* The cherub-looking guy. What a doll!

*Hank's "I want to take all your clothes off and make love to you."

*Evan's classy response to Lisa's decision last week.

* Laura!!!

Posted by HappyDayz on 09-16-03 at 07:53 PM
Isn't it cool that when listing favorite memories, when you get to Laura you don't even have to list specifics? LOL....just saying 'Laura' is enough.
Happy wants to drink a toast to Laura but can't seem to find anything handy to drink....

Posted by ashleybfogg on 09-16-03 at 07:54 PM
Total Sense. True Robert lovers aside, I'm sure there are spoilers, who just voted maybe even for spite, but they don't really count at all - if their spirit's not in it, the energy's wasted. On the whole, even when Laura and Kimberly trashed him, Lisa was often softly encouraging. I think that helped people stay with him. We have a great forum here - it's been so fun.
Thank you

ashlet