URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1746
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Meth"

Posted by Estee on 11-30-09 at 09:53 AM
The episode death count:

1. Brain meth. It's one thing to have never heard of Franz Kafka -- and let's face it: the vast majority of high school skim-and-study students might only be able to tell you the last name. But to effectively say 'I am so incapable of unscrambling a five-letter word that I'd rather have us sit out four hours after watching every other team pass us and hope for the best'? Herbert & Nathaniel haven't played a non-rigged game in their entire pro careers. Looks like they completely forgot how it was done.

2. Respect meth. In a related story, the Remote Control Manufacturers Of America just voted Dan as their Man Of The Year for having made people wear out more Mute buttons than any non-politician in 2009. Dear gawds, man, shut up. I was coming up with a lot of uses for that mud, several of which involved consumption and one which used it to jam the lock on that -180 door. But with our luck, he can regulate his teeth chattering to create Morse speech.

I'm not going to fault Dan for his actions at the Roadblock. He had to figure one team was ahead, he knew where the Globetrotters were, Brian & Ericka could be making soup for all he knew, and this was for passage to the last leg. Dropping a team behind him made strategic sense -- and let's face it: if he'd wanted to be major evil, he would have said 'It starts with an R'. It wasn't nice and it wasn't gentlemanly, but it was within the rules and needs of the game. (It does bring up the question of what would have happened if Big Easy had finished first: neither Globetrotter is above the quick & dirty move.)

But for the Golem Drama? If there were letters on his forehead, I would have erased anything necessary to create 'Shut Up!' Is there anything he won't start a fight over at this point in the Race? If they finish first, is he going to turn around and start telling Sam all the many reasons why they're splitting the money 90/10 his way? Are they going to get stuck in Las Vegas because he has a ten-hour debate with a slot machine? And if they hadn't gotten the World's Most Forgiving Rabbi, would they have come in last place?

Enough already. If they win, they played for it and they arguably earned it -- but afterwards, I never want to hear from Dan again.

3. The meth of truth. 'It's cold shrinkage!'

(Come to think of it, did we miss a treatment for thermal shock? It's not healthy to move between those kinds of extremes at speed.)

4. Editing meth. As IceCat pointed out on the ECST, we got a major cut last night. Brian & Ericka were greeted with 'third team to arrive' -- a phrasing that generally indicates a penalty, most likely earned by taking a taxi while doing the Detour. But we never saw any of their delay, likely because the Globetrotters were just that far behind. Even so, rulebreaking should be mentioned -- and I'm kind of curious as to what the final time gap actually looked like.

5. Liver meth. Absinthe: a piece of licorice wrapped around a large lead brick.

6. Insert your own meth here.

The only major positive from the episode: having an all-night-long leg was a fun idea. They should do this again, and soon.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Meth"
Posted by dabo on 11-30-09 at 11:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-09 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

Beer meth

Let's have a moment of silence for all that spilt beer.

Now let's be mad at the drunks in the street.

Posted by mindy23 on 11-30-09 at 11:58 AM
Estee, why is it I'm never quite sure what the heck you're talking about?? At any rate, I usually agree with you, once I fuddle through the forrest, and yes, I usually see it beyond the trees.

All I can say is that the Brothers Grimm were granted an amazing pardon by a very generous Rabbi! If he'd only heard their cursing, seen their gestures at the statue, and the indiscretions that had been shown during this leg of the race, he might have called lightening down upon their evil heads! And a broken arm to boot?? Who gets away with that?? I would have sent them back in a heartbeat!!

But much to our relief, we didn't have to suffer through another (continued)episode of them weeping and lashing and gnashing their teeth all over the place! I AM SO SICK of these two I could scream!! And I really have more than once.

My husband tells me I'm getting too old to be watching these reality shows, but I tell ya-these producers are just picking the right people to get on the very last nerve of those of us who have a thread of dignity left. That's all I got to say. I mean, heck, I've grown to love Suvivor's Russel-what does THAT tell you? I DON'T LIKE WHINERS! That's what. And that's all.

"That old meth issue."
Posted by Estee on 11-30-09 at 12:05 PM
Estee, why is it I'm never quite sure what the heck you're talking about??

It's all about the golems. To activate one, you have to write emeth (truth) in Hebrew on its forehead. To shut it down, erase the first letter, leaving meth (death).

Optionally, you can go for the flip-top head with interior scroll model, but those generally aren't available domestically.

"RE: That old meth issue."
Posted by mindy23 on 12-01-09 at 09:57 AM
>Estee, why is it I'm never
>quite sure what the heck
>you're talking about??

>
>It's all about the golems.
>To activate one, you have
>to write emeth (truth) in
>Hebrew on its forehead.
>To shut it down, erase
>the first letter, leaving meth
>(death).
>
>Optionally, you can go for the
>flip-top head with interior scroll
>model, but those generally aren't
>available domestically.

OH. OK. Now I get it....not! LOL. But thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to get out my book of Hebrew whatever and dust it off, I think...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-30-09 at 12:43 PM
Yeah... I could feel Gus sobbing over the beers being spilled - and even while Brian and Erika were carrying the beers.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-30-09 at 04:22 PM
Ack. I don't remember Gus. When was this?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by jbug on 11-30-09 at 04:28 PM
Gus & his daughter, Hera. Had to do some task in a bar & Gus kept taking sips (chugs) from the beer
Hera kept telling him to stop and hurry up! LOL

oh, when you asked?
Avi and Joe, Meredith and Maria, Lena and Kristy, Don and Mary Jean, Gus and Hera, Jonathan and Victoria, Lori and Bolo, and Hayden and Aaron.
Freddy and Kendra beat out Kris and Jon for the win because Kris and Jon were stopped by a train.
Adam and Rebecca came in third place after eating a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza.

Posted by kidflash212 on 12-01-09 at 09:49 AM
I kept wondering why it took all night to deliver thirty beers. And wouldn't it have been easier to take a tray of ten each time and both hold one tray instead of each carrying their own? It would have been sturdier and easier to block out the obnoxious drunks.

Posted by MissMyth on 11-30-09 at 05:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-09 AT 05:48 PM (EST)

I would have given so much money if the golem had activated and stomped Dan until he was no more than a smear (or schmear) on the concrete.

And yes, Dan was perfectly within the boundaries of the race rules to leave Big Easy behind. It just rankled that HE was the one who asked to work together.

What about Speed Bump Meth? Sit in a sauna for five minutes. Mix a drink and down it. Really?!?

Posted by MsShel330 on 12-02-09 at 10:03 PM
I thought you meant the drug Methamphetamine(sp?)and I wondered when I missed that.

Gullibility meth: On Big Easy for even thinking that Dan would really work with him. Huh? It's like thinking Carrie Prejean is going to stop taping herself naked and decide that other people's sex lives are none of her business.

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-04-09 at 00:50 AM
>1. Brain meth. It's one thing to have never heard of Franz Kafka -- and let's face it: the vast majority of high
>school skim-and-study students might only be able to tell you the last name.

And also to come up with it. While I've heard of him, I would have a hard time coming up with it out of the blue, especially with the "bureaucracy" clue.