URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1746
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"little people in a big world"

Posted by MollyTV on 10-08-06 at 10:51 PM
i love this show...i caught the rehash episode from first season and then watched the new episodes.

i like the way they are honest....not aware yet of their celebrity. and i love how the mom is with her kids. such an unusual family with usual circumstances!!
mollytv

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: little people in a big world"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-09-06 at 07:41 AM
I find myself watching it whenever it's on. I love the mom. She's such an honest good willed person! It's really a great show.

Posted by brvnkrz on 10-09-06 at 08:41 AM
FWIW, it's called Little People, Big World. And yes, this show is great. We watched it all last season and loved it. I'm so glad they are having another season.
GF and I want to go and visit the farm. Looks like such fun.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-09-06 at 09:07 AM
It's just refreshing to see some people on tv that want to share their story and their lives but are not attention seeking brats. Makes for a nice change doesn't it!

Posted by brvnkrz on 10-09-06 at 10:06 AM
I agree. I am hoping though that this exposure will help pay for some of their medical bills. Because dwarfism is considered to be a pre-existing condition, none of Zach's surgeries are covered by insurance and the Roloffs must pay out of pocket. Total bullshit if you ask me.
What I love is how the other kids find that dwarfism is just natural and none of them are embarrassed about Zach, Amy and Matt. At their ages it is so easy to fall into the peer pressure thing and so easy to be embarrassed about your family as it is without having differences. So I applaud the other kids for not falling into that. Such a great family. It's too bad this show isn't on network tv. So many families could benefit from watching this family. Truly inspiring.

"agree"
Posted by cqvenus on 10-11-06 at 12:03 PM

i, too, think this should be on network TV.

this family is awesome. the parents and the kids are just a normal family dealing with normal things.

i'm sure, knockers, that the money from the show is helping them out... if it were on network, though, i think they'd make even *more*.

i love zach. he's an awesome kid with a great attitude.

~ cqc

"RE: agree"
Posted by brvnkrz on 10-11-06 at 12:09 PM
I imagine that part of the inspiration for them doing this is the money.
Zach is probably my favorite.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-11-06 at 06:44 PM

>i'm sure, knockers, that the money
>from the show is helping
>them out... if it were
>on network, though, i think
>they'd make even *more*.

I am sure that is the case. As the show has them travelling to Hawii for vacation. Considering how broke they were with no medical insurance causing Matt to go back to work, when Zach got sick, how could they afford it?

But you know what, unlike alot of reality stars, I am really glad that they got it. Cause they deserve it.

Posted by brvnkrz on 10-12-06 at 08:28 AM
We discussed this the other night too. Our guess is that the show pays for their trips because it has the potential for good tv.
And I agree, they deserve anything that they get from the show. I just can't say enough how much I love this family.

"yeah..."
Posted by cqvenus on 10-17-06 at 10:19 AM

... i'm sure the network pays for their vacations. i'd be shocked if they'd go around doing that stuff otherwise.

i love this family, also. i wish more ppl were watching.

~ cqc

"RE: yeah..."
Posted by brvnkrz on 10-17-06 at 11:23 AM
i love them but man are they a nightmare for those of us with OCD. They pack the night before? They go shopping at 8pm the night before they have to leave at 4am? Zach and Mooly had to share a suitcase? They were just killing me with their disorganization. LOL

Posted by cqvenus on 10-17-06 at 12:23 PM
i didn't mind the packing the night before but that trip they took where they brought all the boys' friends? and they said they'd leave at like 6 but didn't leave til later (like 9?) ??? THAT would drive me crazy.

~ cqc

Posted by brvnkrz on 10-18-06 at 11:20 AM
What I thought was insane about that was that she took them ALL shopping with her. Crazy woman. Leave the boys at home and you go and do the shooping for them.
I did like how she made them clean the room in the morning so that the maid wouldn't have to clean up their horrible mess.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-22-06 at 09:15 PM
>i love them but man are
>they a nightmare for those
>of us with OCD. They
>pack the night before? They
>go shopping at 8pm the
>night before they have to
>leave at 4am? Zach and
>Mooly had to share a
>suitcase? They were just killing
>me with their disorganization. LOL
>

I only just caught this episode and it made me want to scream too!! She's such a disorganized person. How can you have that many kids, be a teach and also being dealing with being differently sized in a big world and be that out of whack!!! It was so unfair of her to be dragging them around that store while she shopped for Make up!!!!!

Posted by MollyTV on 11-02-06 at 10:53 AM
this is EXACTLY what i was thinking....i couldn't believe how she did it all last minute...and then didn't go to sleep before they were to get on the plane...i could FEEL the TIREDNESS!
lol...

still what a great show...i love the dad and his thoughts...and the mom just like every other mom...

they really do come across as sooo genuine...somehow i have this friend who has a friend in oregon who helped with the "organization" episode....they said this beautiful house was a disgusting mess...i laughed because you can tell just by watching the show...that they don't care...but i want to reach in and clean it up.
mollytv

Posted by shakes the clown on 10-17-06 at 11:37 AM
I caught the recap show the other day, first time I ever heard of it.

I turned if off after about 15 minutes when it became apparent that none of the midgets were going to be placed into the ancient catapult thingie. Now that would've been an instant Emmy.

"update"
Posted by MollyTV on 11-02-06 at 04:58 PM
the youngest son jacob and "family friend"? were hurt when the pumpkin catapult misfired.
the news said they were back home after jacob had surgery for head injury and the man had 200 stitches.

you can find a short link on this site to the left.
mollytv

"RE: update"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 11-03-06 at 09:46 AM
Yeah it sounded serious. I hope he's ok.

Posted by celinedion1 on 11-04-06 at 09:57 PM
I enjoy watching this show although I must admit that when I first heard about it I did didn't think that it would be that interesting and to my surprise it is pretty entertaining. I too was really surprised at how disorganized the mom was before they went on the vacation to Hawaii.

"catapult accident"
Posted by MollyTV on 12-20-06 at 05:24 AM
wow...just watched the season finale where they show the accident. i know they aren't going to show the actual hit but i can't figure out if they were standing there without using it?

they harped on the dangers of it etc during the whole show and then if 'mike' was dragged by it...i guess they were right underneath it.

anyways...thank goodness they are both alive and ok now. phew.
mollytv

"RE: catapult accident"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 12-20-06 at 09:28 AM
I"m glad they are ok too but I am often alarmed how the kids just hop on and off that tractor "mule" all the time. Goofing around on it and playing. I know farm kids may be raised to do those sorts of chores that involve heavy machines but sometimes I think they shouldn't . Because they are still kids!