URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1739
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Deal Or No Deal: Season II."

Posted by Estee on 09-18-06 at 07:14 PM
Two-hour premiere tonight. I figure that's just about enough time to get through half a contestant. Probably not the half containing the brain, either.

(Set TiVo to Fast Forward. Or Delete. Whichever's easier.)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Deal Or No Deal: Season II."
Posted by Estee on 09-18-06 at 09:09 PM
Once again proving that you can have energy, devotion, character, and faith -- but eventually, you've got to pick a case, and the random case distribution just doesn't care about any of it...

Posted by Bebo on 09-19-06 at 12:29 PM
So, we got the highest payout ever on DOND. But if he had kept going, he could have been their first millionaire. And if he had been truly certifiable and stuck it out until the end, when he knew he had either the $1 case or the $3M case...

Then instead of being called certifiable, he'd be called eccentric, since that's the term used to describe crazy rich people.

Posted by Estee on 09-19-06 at 04:59 PM
I tuned out after the preacher. What happened?

Posted by Bebo on 09-20-06 at 09:29 AM
The guy picked case #23, since he's been married for 23 years, been a teamster for 23 years, and was 23 when he got married. Said over and over he was convinced that he had the big case, the $3 million one. (Howie teased him for pronouncing it 'tree'.)

Kept the million and 3 million one in there for a long time. Turned down an offer for $650k, but took the next one for $675k. Then they had him open the remaining cases one by one, and the offers kept going higher and higher, with the last two well over a million. Finally was down to his case and one other. Either his was the $1 case, or it was the $3 million. It was the biggie.

He had the record for most money won and biggest offer turned down for one night. I didn't watch much of last night's, but the lady playing for $4 million accepted an offer over $700k. She too could have gotten offers over a million, since she still had the $1 million and $4 million left. She had picked the $1 million case.

Last night's show ended with a high school football coach going after $5 million. He picked the first 6 cases and was in really good shape. He's got the possibility for some good offers, since there's a $1M, $2.5M, and $5M case in his game.

Posted by Savahnna on 09-20-06 at 10:53 AM
It remains to be seen how the coach will fare...but I was really happy with the teacher and how she trusted her gut and then her fiance and wasn't crazed by the whole excitement to keep going. In that particular case (no pun)...it would have behooved her to go one more time......but she did great and I loved that she wasn't caught up in the "oh man one more time and .....blah blah"...she was really grateful and graceful.

Love the show. Love Howie. And if I were a guy into gorgeous girls...I'd love it more!!

"dumbest.show.ever"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-20-06 at 12:25 PM

honestly i am offended that

a) people watch this
b) it is so popular
c) it's considered 'reality'

what's next? a thread for wheel of fortune?

this is not reality TV.

it's a gameshow.

a BAD gameshow.

worse than price is right.

~ cqc

"RE: dumbest.show.ever"
Posted by Savahnna on 09-20-06 at 01:52 PM

>what's next? a thread for wheel
>of fortune?

No WOF only has One Vanna White. Deal or No Deal has 28!!

I actually though the same thing as you when I first saw it...but while the dynamics are very random..I think it's interesting to see to what degree folks will gamble or use their head.

Posted by foonermints on 09-20-06 at 03:33 PM
FAR worse than The Price is Right, but eerily entertaining if you are truly bored out of your gourd.

Handcrafted by RollDice
How can you not love Bob?

Posted by weltek on 09-20-06 at 03:56 PM
Although I'm not offended by it...I'm puzzled by the attraction to this show. It's a big friggin guessing game.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

Posted by Estee on 09-20-06 at 05:59 PM
You have insulted the greatest game show host of all time. You must pay.

Why is this filed under reality? People making decisions we find to be impossibly stupid, doing so in front of a huge audience, being talked into idiocy by those they supposedly trust, and Donald Trump shows up. What would you call it?

(And of course I mean Bob.)

Posted by Bebo on 09-20-06 at 09:10 PM
>what's next? a thread for wheel of fortune?

Since I know at least one poster on these forums has been on Wheel of Fortune, I won't bash it.

But this show is completely bash-worthy.

And, as I'm afraid you'll find out sooner or later, it's not bad to have something like this on when you're dealing with a toddler with a 103 fever.

Posted by Puffy on 09-21-06 at 02:36 AM
I was on Wheel of Fortune and the Price is Right. Hope your toddler gets better soon, for your sake and for his.

ŠA KeithFan Potent Potable, 2006

Posted by Savahnna on 09-21-06 at 11:17 AM
>I was on Wheel of Fortune
>and the Price is Right.
>Hope your toddler gets better
>soon, for your sake and
>for his.

Bebo....hope you're toddler's feeling better by the time you get here!

Puffy....How did you do?? Was it worth the taxes?? I'm so interested!! More Wheel of Fortune...but also woul d be interested in knowing if you got on Price is Right!!thx!

"sorry"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-22-06 at 09:40 AM

1. we had a poster on love cruise. if we aren't going to bash shows because we know ppl here were on them... well, i believe this place falls apart. or at least strays from its intended purpose.

2. yes, this show is bash-worthy. if for no other reason, i'd probably watch it just to laugh at the intense pseudodrama people impose upon themselves. it's amusing. but i always forget when it's on, and sometimes i even forget that it exists at all.

3. sorry about yer babe being sick. hope he's feeling better soon. but mine likes music. i'd probably have to try that rather than deal/no deal. but i guess we'll see when we get there.

~ cq
watched jesus christ superstar b/c DH wanted to, and baby 'squealed' along w/ the music

"The coach"
Posted by nailbone on 09-21-06 at 11:04 AM
How did that football coach guy end up doing? He's a dead ringer, like long-lost twin, for one of my best friends.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by bystander on 09-21-06 at 03:31 PM
You've got to be kidding me? This show is back for another season? OMG. Much too painful to watch. I'll pass!

Posted by foonermints on 09-22-06 at 11:41 PM
Some of us are IN to pain.*
I see Howie is running the show at its normal, furious pace. Slugs, watch out! Snails? No worries.
*looks out window* Gee, is my Sago Palm a foot taller?

*And/OR billions and billions of commercials.

Posted by bystander on 09-27-06 at 05:56 PM
I personally have a more discriminating taste in the TV shows I care to watch.

Posted by foonermints on 09-28-06 at 00:35 AM
*pours Cuervo for Bystander*
*shudders*
I slum a bit. Sue me.

*Toasts with Don Julio*

Posted by bystander on 09-28-06 at 01:54 PM
Jose Cuervo
You are a friend of mine
I like to drink you with a little salt and lime

Oh nevermind...

It'd better be a whole bottle of that stuff to keep me watching Howie. And where do they get these over-the-top personalities to be contestants? Is everyone obnoxious?

Now, where was that quality TV show I was watching....

Posted by foonermints on 10-06-06 at 11:10 AM
>Is everyone obnoxious?<

Why yes, yes they are. Too bad you missed the experience of a lifetime watching the pseudo Jackie Gleason/Undertaker last night. PeeYuie! I guess I'm down to about 1.2 minutes of watching out of the entire show. With or without the painkillers.

Stop snickering, or no candy for you.

"meal or no meal"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-24-06 at 00:09 AM

for you:

http://www.addictinggames.com/mealornomeal.html

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-25-06 at 12:45 PM
I watch this show, sure, but on DVR. I can't stand the commercial interruptions. Howie Mandel is Satan and Dr. Evil. And I still say he should hold his pinky to his mouth when he says "One Million Dollars."

I know I'm not the first to make the Howie Mandel-Dr. Evil comparison.

"Sig pic violation"
Posted by Bebo on 09-25-06 at 09:03 PM
Colonel, please stop using all of your sig pics in your posts - that makes your signature too tall.

Our guidelines allow for your sig pics to be a TOTAL of 60 pixels tall. But you're not allowed to use more than one pic if it takes you over the limit. Using all three definitely does.

Posted by flipxcyd on 10-07-06 at 04:07 PM
Here's a deal: http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/game/dond.swf

An arkiegrl siggie

"RE: Not Satisfied"
Posted by foonermints on 11-28-06 at 11:02 AM
Until the dog doo gets wiped from my screen. Fat chance. I'm just glad to see the beer swilling ape-who-swore-off-women win a whopping TEN DOLLARS last night.
I was waiting for Heroes to come on, of course.

*swish* *zing!* Good.. a show that turns SpudKillers into drooling idiots.
Another strike for the Potatoes of Earth!

"Sometimes You Can't Help.........."
Posted by Savahnna on 11-28-06 at 12:28 PM
but smile when the guy makes such an @$$ of himself and walks away with practically nothing. He had 200K and some change and Hee Man wants to change the odds.

I like this show a lot!

"Ladies Night - Firemen"
Posted by trigirl on 03-20-07 at 11:45 AM
Please help me. Who were those twin firemen? I recognize them. Were they the ones from Treasure Hunters?

"RE: Ladies Night - Firemen"
Posted by trigirl on 03-22-07 at 03:09 PM
Had to answer my own question. It has been driving me crazy!

Yes. It was the "South" boys from Treasure Hunters. Guess they live in Cali now. link