URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1735
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"

Posted by Estee on 11-09-09 at 03:03 PM
Major hint: it's not the Globetrotters.

My first thought was 'BJ & Tyler are on the course?' Two non-elimination legs leading into a win represents a pretty significant amount of luck, or at least some great timing that isn't at all assisted by the producers trying to keep a given team alive by sticking NELs at strategic points. (That only started this season.) For that reason and a few coincidences of running into the right person plus hitting a location they had experience with, I'd say they're the Luckiest Team Ever -- or at the very least, top five.

Arguments?

Dandrew was bad luck. Ours.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who's the Luckiest Team Ever?"
Posted by kidflash212 on 11-09-09 at 03:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-09 AT 03:52 PM (EST)

Teri & Ian come to mind. They came in second to last on most legs (BJ & Tyler at least were in the front of the pack on some legs, Teri & Ian were always in the bottom half), got a lucky Fast Forward and made it to a completely undeserved second place finish. And they got invited to the All Star edition.

Posted by Seana on 11-09-09 at 04:22 PM
Perhaps Uchenna and Joyce - if they hadn't caught that flight, they'd have been racing against Kelly and Ron for second place, not Rob and Amber for first.

Posted by Starshine on 11-09-09 at 05:57 PM
Frank and No-Salt - Imagine having the finishing line two blocks from where you live

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

Posted by jbug on 11-09-09 at 06:02 PM
Zack & Flo have to be mentioned.
Anyone who can do as much whining and quit that many time and still come in first?
Had to be luck

"The Weavers"
Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 11-09-09 at 06:34 PM
Oh wait, that wasn't luck. That was god.

Into the magna tribe by phyl

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-10-09 at 00:34 AM
I could go into a ridiculous diatribe about how luck factors into every win, and without some luck on their side, no one would evr win anything. The damn Travelocity gnome (hereafter renamed Louisiana Shorty) would have about $14 millin to its name, with another $1 million on the way.

That said, I second BJ and Tyler. I also second Flozach because of the non-elims and because Ken and Gerard screwed up the last leg.

But I know luck's a major factor in the Race. Maria and Tiffany ducked elimination how many times? Lady Luck even graced my season, so even a schmo like me knows you don't get that far without luck.

But yes. BJ and Tyler. Along with She Who Shall Remain Nameless.

Posted by kingfish on 11-10-09 at 09:56 AM
I'll go along with these choices, noting only that walking up to the hay rolling challenge and finding the flag quickly is pure luck.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-10-09 at 09:56 AM
My vote goes to Lyn and Karlyn, Team "Fueled by Disrespect".

another nifty agman creation

Posted by LibraRising on 11-10-09 at 05:52 PM
All the viewers who skipped the family edition!