URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1732
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bell counting Roadblock"

Posted by Molaholic on 11-02-09 at 10:55 PM
I'm sure I heard a team (but don't remember which) say something like "we'll do the counting together" -- there was also a scene at the top of the tower when Matt saw both team members together and gave a double-look.

So why no penalty for having both do the Roadblock? Or did I see something that wasn't there?

Seana’s da bomb!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bell counting Roadblock"
Posted by dajaki on 11-03-09 at 00:20 AM
That was Sam and Megan who decided to do the RB together. S&D arrived at the bell tower just after M&C, then M&S went up the stairs and worked together.

Posted by byoffer on 11-03-09 at 00:30 AM
Not only did two teams work together in the counting, but then one of those teams told a third team the answer.

I know the rules don't preclude teams from helping other teams, but IMO that needs to change as this seems unfair. (Unless the social aspect of the game is supposed to count.)

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-03-09 at 10:24 AM
Helping other teams might have a strategic purpose so I see that as just part of the game. Tiffany was counting at the same time as the Globetrotter - It seems a good idea to put the most physically gifted team behind.

Posted by kingfish on 11-03-09 at 12:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-09 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Yeah, with all the boring game ties at airport/gate opening bunch points, giving them an option to shoot themselves in the foot by strategically helping other teams out adds to the game if it can separate the teams out a little. Helping out another team might add an element of irony if the help contributes to the helping team’s elimination, or, even better, causes them lose by a hair at the final finish.

Obviously they helped the poker players as part of their ongoing cooperation agreement for future return favors and in an effort to make it a little tougher for the Trotters.

And in this case, the team they helped, the poker girls, came in last anyway.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-03-09 at 01:52 PM
Either Sam or Dan said, too, that they felt they could outrun the girls at the finish line so they didn't mind helping them with the number of bells answer.

Posted by dabo on 11-03-09 at 03:16 PM
As well, Sam & Dan had a coalition with Maria & Tiffany. Coalitions in TAR fail more often than alliances in Survivor, but they are what they are. It was nice the brothers didn't ditch their coalition poker partners.

Posted by Molaholic on 11-03-09 at 01:24 AM
Sounds right. Thanks.