URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1726
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Girls Next Door"

Posted by goldie45 on 08-14-06 at 06:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-06 AT 06:59 PM (EST)

Anyone catch last night episode? I missed it at the regular time and then again at midnight. I kinda caught the end where they were picking out pictures, but what else happened?

Anyone get the dvd yet?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Girls Next Door"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-15-06 at 07:51 AM
I missed it too but I am glad to see I am not the only one that is oddly drawn to this show. It's just so strange how this living arrangement seems so normal to them. I guess some folks are different but I just find it odd that these women all live together as his girlfriends.

Posted by LisaPles on 08-15-06 at 09:50 AM
The girls did a photo shoot together and also individual shoots with themes that they created. As they were hoping, Hef chose the individual photos for the main focus of their layout in Playboy. By the way, I love Hef’s old rotating circular bed!
Bridget had a Porsche on loan and loved it so much Hef bought it for her. What a great boyfriend!
Bridget and Holly did a photo ad for Captain Morgan. That was pretty funny because they were dressed up as an angel and a devil with the Captain Morgan pirate taking photos at the mansion. Kendra did a photo shoot for the cover of a muscle magazine.
Like you, I am also intrigued that Hef has three girlfriends. I know that they portray Holly as his main girlfriend and it looks like she shares his room with him, but I think that secretly Bridget is his favorite probably because she is closest to his intellectual equal.
I have a great admiration of Hef. He is smart and driven enough to be a self made success and still also knows how to have a good time!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-15-06 at 11:00 AM

>but I think that secretly
>Bridget is his favorite probably
>because she is closest to
>his intellectual equal.

I have to agree with you there. She doesn't seem dumb! She may play it but she sure isn't. I figure he likes Holly because she's sweet and loves to dote on him. I can't figure out what Kendra has to offer other than being good looking and hyper. Maybe that's the appeal. But I saw Bridget deserved that car. Shes going for another post graduate degree. I wonder if he pays?

>I have a great admiration of
>Hef. He is smart and
>driven enough to be a
>self made success and still
>also knows how to have
>a good time!

Me too. He saw a market and he went for it. I can't fault him for that. He likes to work and still stay active. Good for him!

Posted by goldie45 on 08-16-06 at 04:46 PM
cool thanks for the update! Lucky for me cause my friend recorded it and I watched it last night.

>I have a great admiration of
>Hef. He is smart and
>driven enough to be a
>self made success and still
>also knows how to have
>a good time!

Same here. By the way the man acts, you'd never think he was 80!!

I aslo agree with ya about Kendra. She can get a little annoying. If she'd calm down a bit, she'd be my favorite cause I'm a sports fanatic just like her.

Posted by MollyTV on 08-20-06 at 10:44 PM
i think he likes having kendra around for laughs...you can see in some of the episodes how she makes him laugh...and also how much he likes that she is athletic....

he can show her off at his tournaments.
i think he likes bridget cause she's smart..and i think he loves having holly "take care of him"...
mollytv

Posted by LisaPles on 08-21-06 at 10:06 AM
I think you're right Molly about why he likes the different girls. I used to wonder about Kendra, but with her around Hef can be sure things won't get boring. I think she's funny and I like it that she is young and not afraid to get excited and rowdy. I love Hef but find it a just a little questionable that he would date a twenty year old!
The episode last night when they went to San Diego was cool. I thought it was so funny how her mother was nervous. How about her brother bringing all those guys over? I could see him bringing two or three friends, but there must have been at least ten or fifteen. What a knob!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-21-06 at 12:39 PM
I remember her brother and family coming to the mansion for her birthday in the first season and he seemed a little torn. like he was happy to be in the family playboy mansion but he was there to see his sister! Like he didn't want to even know she could get naked!!!

"The 2-part European trip"
Posted by Hoobie on 09-24-06 at 11:02 PM
I really like how this show shows how catty the women can be. I read somewhere that the girls have final-veto power for any scenes that they don't want aired.

Bridget's look when Dita gave the same birthday present to Hef in France as she did - Classic!

Kendra saying how she thought it was funny that Holly kept falling getting on and off gondolas - awkward!

This is my guilty pleasure, for sure!

Also, of note - these women are 5-6 years apart from each other. I'm glad to see that they're not all 18... although, a lot of their other characteristics are the same.

"RE: The 2-part European trip"
Posted by LisaPles on 09-27-06 at 02:47 PM
Yeah Hoobie, I am always looking for signs that the girls don't like each other. Maybe it's just editing, but I think they do a good job getting along. I think it's because they know Hef wouldn't put up with that crap. You can tell sometimes they get annoyed at Kendra which is understandable because she is the youngest.
I must say that I thought Bridget's strip tease was awesome. That girl has some body!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-27-06 at 07:58 PM
I think they all know they have a damn sweet deal. I don't think either Bridget or Kendra ever want to be Hef's main girl and enjoy whatever perks they get just by hanging out with him.

Holly I think would probably love it if they got hitched or had a kid. She's dropped enough hints but she seems to be smart enough not to rock the boat to much and look the other way.

Posted by MollyTV on 10-08-06 at 10:48 PM
i agree....did anyone notice kendra's drunken slip when she said..."who would want to be with someone that old and nasty"...lol...and then oops....she remembered who she is with..
too funny.

i also think hef is a "daddy figure" to kendra...i kinda think she is gay...anyone else think that?

and bridget seems ready to take off for some big career and is happy but biding her time with hef...

holly i think loves hef but i didn't really believe she loves flash gordon as much as hef....but that she wants to love flash to make hef happy...

i don't see a marriage.
mollytv

Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-09-06 at 09:10 AM

>i also think hef is a
>"daddy figure" to kendra...i kinda
>think she is gay...anyone else
>think that?

I've have also gotten that vibe from her are well. She made a comment about enjoying looking at the girl's butts during their first playboy spread together. It just struck me as odd. She wasn't just saying it to be daring or get attention. I think she said because she meant it.

"the baby shower"
Posted by shabalaba on 10-10-06 at 04:59 PM
Ok Kendra...a Christmas bag for a baby shower gift?
Part of me can see the logic about the important part being the gift...but if you were already at the store picking out the gifts...spring a couple of bucks for a card and gift bag!! Sheesh!!!
I kept waiting for someone to mention it at the shower but if anyone did...it ended up on the editing room floor!!!

"RE: the baby shower"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 10-11-06 at 11:14 AM
>Ok Kendra...a Christmas bag for a
>baby shower gift?
>Part of me can see the
>logic about the important part
>being the gift...but if you
>were already at the store
>picking out the gifts...spring a
>couple of bucks for a
>card and gift bag!! Sheesh!!!

Well it may of been out of season but at least she didn't need help getting it down the starts like Bridget did. I was laughing at the way she was going on about getting it down the stairs. You would of thought she bought something as big as an elephant instead of that little wagon. She did make a little dig to the camera about putting so much thought into the gift and the wrapping. I guess she didn't like miss Kendra's gift wrap job.

I kind of found it funny. My family and i do that all the time.

Posted by Hoobie on 11-20-06 at 07:56 PM
I just finished reading Izabella St. James's tell-all book about being a girlfriend at the Mansion. Wow - it was really good (informative, not great writing).

Some snippets:
Each girlfriend gets $1000 a week for allowance
There are unlimited plastic surgery & hair extension visits allowed
Hef is a "cold fish" in the bedroom

Still drawn to this show each Sunday!!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 11-20-06 at 09:36 PM
I knew there had to be something to being his "girlfriend". Well if I was 21 and hot I would do it too!

Posted by MollyTV on 11-26-06 at 03:17 AM
i am sooo excited to hear that! why? cause i just ordered the book today and i wanted to get some inside scoop too!

i kick myself for paying full price but i was impatient.

i knew it had to be "strange" in that mansion.
mollytv

Posted by eire_heart74 on 11-26-06 at 09:39 AM
He's going to pay for all my medical, any cosemetic surgery, buy me a car (ala Bridget) pay for my hair and make up, take me to Europe, give me a grand a week, put me in his magazine, live in a huge legendary house and in return I just have to look good, go to parties with him and occassionally sleep with him which won't take long.

Where do I sign up?!

Posted by shabalaba on 11-27-06 at 02:35 PM
yay! I'm gonna go look for the book at my local library (cuz I'm cheap like that! LOL) I'm interested to get more scoop...till I can get my hands on the book...anyone care to share more info from the read?
Thanks!!!

Posted by LisaPles on 11-28-06 at 03:45 PM
Ooooo, good stuff! I want to hear more about how/why Hef's a cold fish and what goes on in the bedroom. Anyone? Please, I'm desperate here. Haa-haaa, I'm kidding! But seriously, would appreciate juicy details!

Posted by teacherkelly on 03-05-07 at 11:30 AM
I read the St. James book, also. I found it interesting after enjoying the show. In the book she does mention that Holly and Bridget are closer than they are with Kendra. And sure enough if you watch the show, you notice that Kendra is friends with a lot of the playmates and seems to really spend time with those girls more so than Holly and Bridget.

In the book, St. James also mentions that Bridget is still married. I cannot imagine a man being ok with his wife living as Hef's girlfriend.

It's a quick, guilty pleasure type of read. You can buy it used on Amazon.com.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 03-07-07 at 07:41 AM
I had read on this web site that Hef is going to marry Holly. How's that going to work? Do the girls still stay? I wonder if this will be their series finale. Her proposes and the other girls move out.