URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1723
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"One hour and fourteen minutes."

Posted by udg on 10-18-09 at 08:23 PM
That's how late tonight's episode is running. It won't even start until after it's supposed to be over. I have my TiVo set to record an entire hour extra on CBS on Sundays, because I know that football sometimes (*cough* always!) runs long, and I figure an extra hour should be more than enough. Right?

I wasn't even supposed to be home tonight. We were out with my ILs, but one of my kids started to feel sick, so I brought her home early. Fortunately, I was able to tell TiVo to record an extra 30 min on top of the hour of cushion I normally leave. But a lot of people are going to miss tonight's episode.

It's like they couldn't try any harder to kill TAR's ratings if were doing it deliberately.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 10-18-09 at 11:29 PM
It's an Emmy-winning show, they kept moving it around the schedule, they finally landed it in the worst spot of the week, they must be going bonkers that they haven't managed to kill it yet.

I mean, we didn't even get and Andy Rooney segment two-minute warning this week!

"RE: Agree"
Posted by JessicaRN on 10-19-09 at 00:45 AM
When I realized that I only had recorded the first part of the show and not the last part, I couldn't figure out why it made any sense to watch any of it, so I deleted it. I knew that I could come here to find out the results, but it did make me mad.

"RE: One hour and fourteen minutes."
Posted by jbug on 10-19-09 at 09:27 AM
Is there a protest petition anywhere we can all sign?

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-19-09 at 05:44 PM
I have my DVR set to record one hour after the show ends.

Thanks to the Jets and Bills, I would have missed the ending had I not thought quickly and recorded Cold Case.

Yet another reason I hate the Jets and Bills.

Posted by Belle Book on 10-19-09 at 08:24 PM
I know the feeling! It was driving me up the wall somewhat.

Posted by MissMyth on 10-20-09 at 12:53 PM
I have my tivo set for Amazing Race, Three Rivers, and Cold Case, even though I only watch Amazing Race. You just never know.

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 10-21-09 at 12:07 PM

UDG -- I feel your pain. Like you, I Tivo TAR with an extra hour. But since I was at work and we had the football game on I knew I was going to miss the last 15 minutes or so of the show. And sure enough when I got home, the recording ran out just as the first teams were completing the skiing task. I tried CBS online, but the show wasn't posted. So I had to wait until Monday morning to catch the final 15 minutes on CBS.com.