URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 1712
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Unresolved Issue from 12-12-02 Tribal Council"

Posted by Dawggone on 01-05-03 at 11:00 PM
In the 12-12-02 episode, Jiffy said something wrong that I believe went undetected by Sleuths of this bulletin board.

(I am paraphrasing). While Jiffy was addressing THJCB before they voted out Ted "In just four days, two of you are going to face a jury that you voted out".

None of the CG5 voted out Erin as she was not part of the "merged" team. She voted out by Ken, Penny and Jake. (This is probably a future trivia question, as she was the first jury member to be voted out in a TC without the ultimate winner at the TC)

This issue was debated earlier in the season after the "non-merge" happened. To my knowledge it wasn't discussed as the last episode was about to be aired.

This is only my 2nd post, please don't slam me! (Colleen says to "Play fair, Be nice") I would have posted this sooner but I just now found my name and password after being misplaced for several months. (the name and password that is, not me). I really enjoy reading this board, and hope to participate a little more when they go to the Amazon.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Unresolved Issue from 12-12-02 Tribal Council"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-06-03 at 01:02 AM
It probably doesn't mean a thing -- kind of like the generic "him" that is often used to describe an unnamed person of unspecified sex in a book or magazine.

Jiffy isn't going to spew out a spiel like "In just four days, two of you are going to face a jury that you voted out plus that androgynous thing the other tribe discarded before you guys officially merged."

Doesn't mean squat.

"Actually..."
Posted by IceCat on 01-06-03 at 01:38 AM
... in order to be consistent with your earlier reference to androgyny:

"... Doesn't mean squat...."

Should read...

"... Doesn't mean squat or stand facing...."

Just noticing is all...

Posted by AMAI on 01-06-03 at 07:47 AM
LOL for PepeLePew!

Actually, Dawggone, I DID address the issue in my Ep 12 unofficial Recap, "The Dimmest Bulb" (still on page 1 hereof)

quote: Jif asks the Chewies to think about it, 5 of you. 5 Chewy Gahn members still in the quest for sole survivor. All 4 of the jury voted out by you. (No not quite Jif - you sh!t eater. They booted Erin by themselves). In any event, the Chewies' fate is now with the jury. Jif asks each one to say how they think the jury ought to decide whom to vote the million to."

If the topic was raised again in a subsequent episode, I must have decided to ignore it, having already spoken to the matter.

Posted by evanakm on 01-06-03 at 11:03 PM
Don't worry about stuff like that, Jiffy makes gaffes like that all the time. Like on the Finale, he said that the merge normally takes place on Day 17. Uhh, no. Just accept the fact that he's an idiot whose strings are being pulled by Marky, and enjoy it when he mocks the contestants condescendingly.

Posted by dabo on 01-07-03 at 00:12 AM
Well, if you want to get technical, the CG were responsible for both Shii Ann and Erin getting the boot, because they beat the SJ at the team challenges, so Jiffy gets off on a technicality perhaps. Personally, I think the script hasn't changed much since S1, despite the twists, and I was amazed that Erin voted for Clay. Guess I learned my lesson, doctored up gals love being oogled by creepy older men or something.

SMILES ARE FREE