URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1711
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Gene Simmons Reality TV"

Posted by ccorces1 on 07-21-06 at 05:45 PM
Not sure if A&E has found a diamond in the rough or just another reality TV concept, but either way I’m stoked to check out their new show with Gene Simmons of Kiss!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Gene Simmons Reality TV"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-23-06 at 10:18 PM
Yeah I'm on the fence with this one too. He's interesting enough but can he carry a show? Is it just going to be a rehashed Osbournes? Been there done that.

There's an automatic fan base with it though. Those Kiss fans are rather nuts so you know they'll be watching which is sure what they are banking on.

Posted by LisaPles on 08-10-06 at 09:04 AM
I watched this last night and it was nice to see that Gene & Shannon's kids are really cute and seem like nice, normal kids. Shannon also seems to be a fun, cool person.
Gene's constant ranting against marriage gets on my nerves after a while. He should be glad that a woman like Shannon would even think about marrying a troll like him! I may keep watching even if only for lack of alternative programs.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-10-06 at 11:29 AM

>Gene's constant ranting against marriage gets
>on my nerves after a
>while. He should be glad
>that a woman like Shannon
>would even think about marrying
>a troll like him!

Not for nothing but if they have been together 23 years have two kids and shack up, guess what Gene, you're married!

For him it's an image that he has to keep up in order to be "Gene Simmons" but come on dude you're old just get married already

Posted by MollyTV on 08-13-06 at 11:10 PM
yes... i am very tired after one episode of "pleeeeeze marry me"....we get it...he doesn't want to be married ...she does. now what? what is the rest of the show?

seems kinda boring.

"i love this show"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-19-06 at 11:00 AM

i do. boring? maybe.

but to me it's refreshing to see a 'rock star' be *gasp!* normal!

his kids are normal, polite, funny, don't seem spoiled.

his lady friend doesn't seem like a crack whore.

funny that gene simmons of kiss is a stereotypical nyc jew. i never would've guessed that about him.

~ cqc

bouncy flask

"RE: i love this show"
Posted by FSUGUY on 09-19-06 at 03:17 PM
this show is funny....

TIVO time....

"RE: Gene, Ditch The Cell Phone..."
Posted by LisaPles on 10-10-06 at 08:54 AM
I watched the show last night and I really like Shannon and the kids. I think it is kind of sad that Gene's kids have to fight with his cell phone for his attention. It was funny to some extent, but on a serious note you could see how Gene's
"workaholism" has a negative effect on the family. His kids are great and they are at the age where they are growing up fast and will soon be out of the house. Gene is lucky that they love him and want to spend time with him and he should give them his undivided attention while he can.
I think Shannon is awesome (an awesome mother, too) and I hope Gene knows how lucky he is to have her!
I am unexpectedly surprised at how much I like this family. Even Gene who I don't normally like more likeable as a part of such a great family.

Posted by aday14 on 10-23-06 at 08:47 PM
I can't wait for the season finale of this show... I hear there is going to be a huge shocker to close the season. Anyone have details?

"pregnant?"
Posted by cqvenus on 11-01-06 at 01:38 PM

and i stress ? b/c they didn't answer. but the chick might be preggers.

~ cqc