URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 171
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Vote for your fan favorite"

Posted by Bebo on 04-27-05 at 09:06 PM
OK, let's try a non-spoiler version of this. Who would you vote back in as your fan favorite?

Please, do not include spoiler information in your responses.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Vote for your fan favorite"
Posted by ARnutz on 04-27-05 at 11:24 PM
Let's see... choosing from who's been eliminated so far:

1. Ishe - my absolute favorite!
2. Jonathan - I really liked this guy.
3. Najai - but I guess I can't choose him.

I would vote for Alfonso because he is my other favorite, but he's still in it so I can't.

Isn't it ironic that the only boxer left from the East team is Peter and he was voted back in.

Posted by mike13 on 04-28-05 at 02:12 AM
Tarick,hes a great guy who deserves a second chance. Checkout his website. www.tarick.com

Posted by KingDavid102077 on 04-28-05 at 09:57 AM
I have tickets for the bronze and fan favorite match and will be heading over from NY. Couldn't get finale tix mainly becasue I couldn't find the presale password. Anyway I am voting for Ishe and I think he will get the most votes, I would like to see him fight either Peter, Jesse, Joey or Anthony, any one of the 2 guys that are not in the finale or bronze matchup since neither has been eliminated yet.

Posted by pdaj on 04-28-05 at 11:23 AM
"Isn't it ironic that the only boxer left from the East team is Peter and he was voted back in."

Well, let's not forget that Juan left on his own accord. And Jeff had to leave for medical reasons, There's a possibility both could have still been hangin' around for another week or so representing the East. And, heck, if Alfonso is as talented as everyone thinks he is -- he'll beat Peter again.

That being said, let's look at things from another perspective:

Peter/Miguel --- Peter
Ahmed/Anthony --- Ahmed
Najai/Jesse* --- Najai
Johnathon/Joey --- Johnathon
Jimmy/Alfonzo* --- Alfonzo
Juan/Tarick --- Jaun
Brent/Ishe --- Ishe
Jeff/Sergio --- Sergio

What if these would have been the first round of matches?

While it's impossible to predict the outcome of all these fights (especially those with the * beside them), there's a good chance the proportion of East fighters to West fighters would have been closer if the matches would have fell a bit differently. In nearly every fight, I thought the West fighter had the upperhand. Also, does Anthony advance to the Final 8 by fighting anyone but Brent? There are many questions to consider .. and it's not nearly as black/white as some posters make it seem.

Posted by Italian Stallion on 04-28-05 at 10:53 PM
Anthony is the best one. He deserves the money more than any of them. He is fighting for his two kids, and is a single father. What Anthony did was not cowardly, it was strategy. There is no team, beacause there is only 1 winner. Anthony fought the guy who he knew he could beat. What kind of moron would go into the ring with someone he couldn't beat,and for what reason, to prove himself. Anthony seems to have the biggest heart and is the most deserving.

Posted by volsfan on 04-29-05 at 10:31 AM
There is no team, beacause there is only 1 winner.

Sure there is a team. At the time, they were competing as a team in a challenge. In MB's (Mark Burnette) TV shows they are all about one winner but they begin with challenges that involve teams. Survivor has tribes and The Apprentice has teams (book smarts vs. street smarts) but yet they have one winner.

Posted by ladro on 04-29-05 at 06:16 PM
Let me get this straight; Anthony deserves the money because he has two kids?

Posted by finalround on 04-30-05 at 05:01 PM
I would also vote back Tarick.
Asl well as Ishe

Posted by madkata on 04-29-05 at 10:12 AM
1. Ishe -- still my favorite. A bit of a downer, actually, and I've wondered if he needs to be on anti-depressants. In any case, I was shocked he was eliminated.

2. Tarick -- good fella, just warmin' back up.

Posted by finalround on 04-30-05 at 00:42 AM
Tarick
Alfonso
Ishe

"Alfonso Gomez"
Posted by Ricky on 04-29-05 at 04:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-05 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

I like Alfonso the best. He doesn't look like much of a fighter but looks can be deceiving. He always finds a way to win his fights.

But if I had to vote someone back in I'd give Ahmed one more chance. Three times is the charm. He's gotta have some game to back up that mouth. he just hasn't shown it yet.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

"RE: Alfonso Gomez"
Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-29-05 at 06:09 PM
I saw Ahmed fight at the Staples Center last year. (Funniy enough, Ishe, who was already scouting him, long before the show, called me to ask me how he looked). He knocked the guy out in round four. I thought he looked decent-ish, good power, but nothing special in terms of boxing skill. Gotta wonder how his cofidence is how, though, after two defeats.

"RE: Alfonso Gomez"
Posted by finalround on 04-30-05 at 00:43 AM
Ahemd 3 time....why?

Posted by umass on 04-29-05 at 07:23 PM
Ishe, so he can beat the sh*t out of Jesse. >:-|

Posted by ARnutz on 04-29-05 at 08:51 PM
Amen!

Posted by pdaj on 04-30-05 at 01:30 AM
If that match-up becomes possible, I'm all for it.

Posted by kay_tin on 04-30-05 at 10:49 AM
How about giving poor Jeff Fraza an opportunity to show what he can do? Knocked out by chickenpox, I felt so bad for him.

My two favorites are Sergio and Alfonso, so I'd love to see either one of them in this fight if they aren't in the finals.

Anyone else feel that Ahmed was edited in a more positive light his second go around? I don't think he deserves a third chance, but I liked him a lot more after watching him ask Sergio to read his girlfriends letter and finally *got* how little English he has under his belt.

Posted by AlgeCrumpler on 04-30-05 at 04:40 PM
Yes I want to see an Ishe vs. Jessee fight as well. If Jessee makes the final 4, we'll have to wait until after the contender officially ends I guess.

Sergio said Burnett is already planning a rematch between him and Ishe. I have a feeling Ishe is going to get a ton of milage out of this show because there are several fighters who talked a lot about him that I presume could be on his hit list. Jessee, Anthony, Ahmed, and even Manfredo.