URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1700
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I was going to write the most sarcastic post in site history --"

Posted by Estee on 05-04-09 at 05:03 AM
-- but I really have to go pee.

I'm prioritizing!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I was going to write the most sarcastic post in site history --"
Posted by VisionQuest on 05-04-09 at 05:54 AM
Well, go pee, it's not like you have a chance to win a million dollars or anything.

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-04-09 at 07:11 AM
*knocks on door*

Hey, hurry up in there. I've gotta go too, and the line's getting long out here. There are three women and two men in line behind me, not counting the two redheaded women in over-the-top makeup who gave up and went looking for another port-a-potty somewhere else.

rocked out by agman

Posted by samboohoo on 05-04-09 at 07:21 AM
4 bottles of water should only take you about nine seconds to excrete. You're a fast runner, nine seconds is nothing for you.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"I am still absolutely stunned!"
Posted by Tazluli on 05-04-09 at 07:51 AM
She went to the bathroom???

I understand having to go. I am of that age. But for a million? You bet I would go in my pants in front of the world.

"RE: I am still absolutely stunned!"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-04-09 at 09:02 AM
And they were still in full costume right? It is not as if it would be very noticeable.

Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 09:09 AM
She drank 4 bottles of water. Why didn't she take the empties with her and then, in the cab . . .

I know that's easier for guys, but she could have gotten a bit of relief.

Posted by shimane22 on 05-04-09 at 02:31 PM
Yeah, that would have been really classy... they probably would've been kicked out of the cab and maybe the police would've been called :p

Posted by Tazluli on 05-04-09 at 02:37 PM
That is so true. I don't think anyone would have been able to tell.

If I was ever to go on this race, I would pack some Depends!

Posted by byoffer on 05-04-09 at 08:20 AM
The great UK distance runner Paula Radcliffe showed the world how to pee in a race without losing too much time.

Posted by Starshine on 05-04-09 at 12:09 PM
And for all her achievements it is still the first thing that people mention about her!

Posted by KeithFan on 05-04-09 at 08:20 AM
Yeah, you would have still won if you hadn't took time to wash your hands, redo your makeup, visit with the other gals about the last 10 guys you dated, and whatever else you women do in there.

Guys everywhere are nodding in unison.

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-04-09 at 08:33 AM
but... but... she went in there alone. ::boggle::

rocked out by agman

Posted by qwertypie on 05-04-09 at 09:01 AM
Maybe she was looking for the handle to flush.

Posted by KeithFan on 05-04-09 at 09:27 AM
You think so. I've seen a lot of creative editing. Those shots with the one standing around looking off in the distance? Yeah, she was looking for the rest of the posse to show up.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-04-09 at 09:29 AM
I told you before you started this race Estee to sip not guzzle! But do you listen? *throws hands up

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

Posted by Molaholic on 05-04-09 at 09:53 AM
Here ya go, darlin'

just what the modern Racer needs

posted with lvoe...

Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 10:28 AM
See? Everyone laughed when the old couple a few seasons ago wore disposable underpants.
Now who's laughing?

Posted by Tazluli on 05-04-09 at 02:39 PM
Not me!

Posted by dabo on 05-04-09 at 10:39 AM
You would think this never could happen to someone who doesn't wear underwear and is afraid of water.

Posted by olathejoe on 05-04-09 at 11:18 AM
As soon as she went into the permenent port-a-pottie, this came to my little brain and hasn't left yet.

Lyrics from song "Pi$$ It All Away" by the band Puddle of Mudd:

What I feel it is real
What I do it?s the truth
When I drink I can?t think
When I use I need more
When you're weak I can't speak
Close your eyes and taste this wine
The cork removed less purified
I throw everything away that you say
Erase everything that you fake
What I feel it's a sin
Tell the truth do not lie
Make a wish it will come true
One way streets one track mind
Open up and see the light
One million ways to hypnotize
I throw everything away that you say

Pi$$ it Pi$$ it all away

Pi$$ it Pi$$ it

(appologies in advance if this it against the forum rules, but it's just so fitting. If the mods think this might be too offensive feel free to delete it. I won't be offended.)

Posted by PsychoKitty on 05-04-09 at 01:33 PM
Hilarious Dabo!!!! I just could NOT believe my eyes!!! Just pee in your costume! Unbelievable! I'm glad she didn't soil that poor cabbie's taxi, but she could have just peed while running too! As others' have said - who cares! It's for a million dollars PLUS she had that big costume on - few if any people would have seen it. Hell, she could have just peed on the mat! (That would have made for a dramatic check in!) What a frickin' stupid move!!!!!

Cara did power that challenge and made up for their most recent horrific Ugly American meltdown, stand in one place & not even trying to find the U-turn, past 3 wasted hours. Cara & Jaime do not deserve to be in the final 3 and the only reason they are there is because of Cara's focus on that challenge. No matter how I feel about LaKisha and Jen's manipulative personalities, etc. they were much better racers. (Well, they were. . . !)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by dabo on 05-04-09 at 02:35 PM
I have to agree. I love Cara and can't stand Jaime, but they aren't a solid team, they've just managed to keep up. Kisha and Jen, despite their unpleasant aspects, were a solid team until this two-part Superleg; and Kisha may not be blaming Jen but it is obvious Jen caused their elimination.

Posted by jbug on 05-04-09 at 12:19 PM
There are 'extra' clips on the TAR website - un-aired footage.
In one, when Jamie & Cara get to the mat, Phil tells them (before the comment that they have a chance to be the first all female team to win TAR) that "right at this moment, Jen is probably still in the toilet"; that "she stopped to use the toilet". They all have a good laugh.

He also says that Cara finished the roadblock in about 7 minutes where the other teams took about 30 minutes.

Posted by Loree on 05-04-09 at 02:30 PM
At least on Big Brother the contestants will pee themselves rather than get off the waterbed and lose. They know how to win a reality show while not taking pee breaks.

Posted by shimane22 on 05-04-09 at 02:30 PM
Maybe she had to do more than pee, if you catch my drift...

"Her elimination"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-04-09 at 06:55 PM
got them eliminated!

I guess the question is would you pee yourself on tv for a million dollars. If she didn't mention it at all and just did it would anyone have known right away? Her costume could have made it a little less obvious. What a way to go.

"RE: Her elimination"
Posted by qwertypie on 05-04-09 at 08:54 PM
So let's say her bladder was really full and was about 2 cups.

So that means her pee costs $62 500 an ounce.

"RE: Her elimination"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-05-09 at 06:36 AM
I always thought things in China were cheap. I guess I know how they stay in business - the world's most expensive toilet.

Posted by Weez on 05-04-09 at 10:29 PM
I think if she was my partner, I might possibly have had to kill her!! After 30 days, ten continents, blah, blah, and she has to take a pee break? It was the pit stop, for cripe's sake. Off to the hotel for a shower and rest, not off to the airport for a 20 hour flight. Her outfit would have covered it, and no one would be the wizer. Dumb move doesn't even begin to describe it!

Posted by qwertypie on 05-05-09 at 08:12 AM
I think I would have broken in, and dragged her sorry butt to the pit stop. Well, she will be infamous.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-05-09 at 09:42 AM
I'm just totally impressed that they lost only by seconds especially since they had the U-Turn to do. Sorry to say, she'll have to live with that mistake for a long time.

Posted by dabo on 05-05-09 at 10:39 AM
We have a saying at work, it goes like this:

"Some is not a number."

"Seconds apart" could mean almost anything from two seconds apart to a googol of seconds apart. We really don't know how far apart Kisha and Jen were from checking in from when Cara and Jaime checked in.

What we do know is that Kisha and Jen wasted a lot of time on this leg in both episodes. Except for having to complete the U-Turn task all the time they wasted was due to Jen.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-05-09 at 03:25 PM
As posted over on the East Coast Spoiler thread...

Over on CBS's Amazing Race site, there is a video that shows Cara and Jaime talking to Phil on the pit stop mat. The video is 1:33 long and there is still no sign of Kisha/Jen at the end of that video.

I'd say it was an absolute minimum of 1:50 or so as the 1:33 video started after Phil has already told the girls they're team number three (adding a few seconds before the 1:33) plus at least a few seconds for C/J to clear out as we didn't see them during K/J's approach to the mat.

So the "literally seconds apart" was totally for dramatic purposes. And it's possible that C/J would still have beaten K/J to the mat even if there was no bathroom break since I don't think it would take more than 2 minutes for Jen to do her business knowing it's a race to the finish. The producers and Phil played it up because it made for great TV.

Posted by warp_core breach on 05-05-09 at 10:30 AM
fhew... that's better! sorry, i was in the can. look at all the messages that have piled up!

anyway, i noticed from the past two legs that jen is quite the baby who has probably not been held accountable for anything because it has always been done for her. i can understand her water fear but she could not pull herself together for the longest time. she sobbed for who knows how long in the hallway when she could have rallied and went on to the other task. then when it came to eating the "food", she just took ity bity bites while cara and jaime were there. ok, eat slow when there's no else there (because it would be gross) but you better believe that as soon as I see another team arrive, I would be shoving that whole starfish down my throat. cara certainly understood what was at stake and ate everything in 7 minutes. but there's jen... nibble, nibble, nibble. then the whole pee break... well, there isn't much to say that hasn't been said already. stupid stupid stupid!!

ahh man! i gotta go pee again!

Siggie courtesy of Seana

See Star Trek... in Theatres May 8, 2009

Posted by jbug on 05-06-09 at 09:52 AM
It looked to me like Jen was eating the whole starfish - outside and all! She commented that it was hard and brittle. That's why the tiny bites. At least that's the way I saw it.

We saw Victor & Margie break the starfish open and eat the inside - returning the shell to the cook.
I didn't see how Cara ate it.
But Jen's plate looked almost completely clean.