URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 170
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Joe Schmo 2"

Posted by tron81 on 10-29-03 at 09:36 AM
If they have another season of the Joe Schmo show, I'd like to see them make it a lot different than Matt's season. They should definately have all new actors with new characters and a new reality "game."

Anybody else think it would be interesting to have a female Joe Schmo? Could they still call it the Joe Schmo show? Jane Schmo doesn't have the same ring to it.

Here are some of the new characters I'd like to see: The Lesbian, The Wheelchair Guy, The Soccer Mom, The Jock, The Slut, The Drunk.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Joe Schmo 2"
Posted by kittykatta on 10-29-03 at 12:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-03 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

In theory Joe Schmo was a graet idea. But it failed to do anything "wild" because they got too nice of a "mark". They really need to find a jerk so they can really torture him properly. Throw in more fear factor, drama and humiliation. Because if they just rehash the original season then they arent getting any more dramatic than any other real reality show.

Posted by dracosaur on 10-29-03 at 01:02 PM
I'm totally with you here. My wife and I both loved season one, and we just adored Matt, but the fact is, with a new season possibly rearing its ugly head (http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1865), we want to see someone who DESERVES the treatment and punishment! Let's get humiliating!!

Plus, we wanted to see a hookup! We really hoped Matt and Molly would get it on -- mostly because we like hugely-endowed women, but seeing him get it on with any of the girls would have been great. Unfortunately, that didn't come to pass, something we hope season 2 will counter.

Posted by Traces on 10-29-03 at 02:59 PM
I don't think I would like watching somebody being made a into an a**hole on national television. That is why I don't watch other reality shows.

...But I'm from Pittsburgh!

Posted by jase on 10-29-03 at 03:11 PM
I think this may be a one-time thing. I'm sure they know how badly 'The Next Joe Mil.' is doing in the ratings and trying to do this again will be an uphill battle for them. Jane Schmo may be the only option they have left cause I don't think many people will be interested in seeing this show again.

Posted by dracosaur on 10-29-03 at 03:34 PM
>I think this may be a
>one-time thing. I'm sure they
>know how badly 'The Next
>Joe Mil.' is doing in
>the ratings and trying to
>do this again will be
>an uphill battle for them.
>Jane Schmo may be the
>only option they have left
>cause I don't think many
>people will be interested in
>seeing this show again.

Well, my wife and I would. That's two votes for season two, who else is with us?!

Posted by woeisme1 on 10-31-03 at 01:17 AM
>I think this may be a one-time thing. I'm sure they know how badly 'The Next Joe Mil.' is doing in the ratings and trying to do this again will be an uphill battle for them. Jane Schmo may be the only option they have left cause I don't think many people will be interested in seeing this show again.

I beg to differ with ya there after listening to Matt's interview (link I posted on that thread) it sounds like people do want to see it. He said they were going to start airing it from the beginning again on Nov. 4th and hinted at a second show. Now that he has been in People magazine and has the exposure there are still alot of people who haven't seen it who want to see it. I don't know anyone, friends or family (besides all of us here) who have watched it and most of them hadn't heard of it.

But then, maybe I watch too much tv.

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

"I'll tumble for ya honey..."
Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-29-03 at 03:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-03 AT 03:55 PM (EST)

How about I ream the somebody being made into an a**hole on national television a new one, then we can have two bangs for the buck!

Philosophy 101:
If Traces reams me a new one,
does that mean I can eat
twice as much and not gain
weight? Thing is, no one would
want to be around me anymore,
because I'd be full of sh!t!
What's that smell?

Posted by dontwannabeshmoed on 10-30-03 at 00:42 AM

>My wife and I both
>loved season one, and we
>just adored Matt, but the
>fact is, with a new
>season possibly rearing its ugly
>head (http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1865), we want to
>see someone who DESERVES the
>treatment and punishment! Let's
>get humiliating!!

yeah, yeah, me too, only this time take all the prizes at the end away too. Hehehehe I'm a devil aint I.

Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-29-03 at 03:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-03 AT 09:23 PM (EST)

Yeah, they should include Matt as part of the cast of 'actors'. Definitely a Joan Schmo this time. Like a woman from Mensa.

That's a good line-up of characters. I'd buy that for a dollar! Can we cast Matt as the lesbian?

Sarcasm is not
a crime!

Posted by tk72 on 10-29-03 at 07:18 PM
They shoud put the woman as "the star of her own show" for the second one. I'd watch it.I do think though if they decide to do a second show; it would be the last... usually sequels do not fair well as their predeccessors.

Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-30-03 at 01:50 PM
I agree. Normal people are getting pretty savvy these days.

Posted by woeisme1 on 10-31-03 at 01:21 AM
Who's normal? Well I guess I don't get to be savvy but it sounds like being covered with an ointment anyway so I'm not crushed.

What exactly is "normal" anyway? Just curious.

Charmingly crafted by Phoenixmons.

If you need me you can find me --fantasizing about my reality so I can realize my fantasy......

I was going to refuse to post to you but I realized that if I didn't tell you, how would you know I was ignoring you?--Pythonfan

"Who's Nermal?"
Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-31-03 at 03:14 PM
When you compare us to smarmy TV exec types, most all others are quite normal (ha, ha).

Or did you mean the World's Cutest Cat, Nermal? - Garfield

Please don't edit me!
Please don't edit me!