URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1694
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:25 PM
Right on time up here, and it seems it'll be a whole hour late in the U.S.A. Ouch.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 17, Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:31 PM
A quick recap of what's happened in the first 25 minutes or so...

One person from each team has to learn how to put on wraps onto their fists so that it would go into a boxing glove properly, then spar in place for 60 seconds.

Then the teams have to take a wheelbarrow filled with items and take them to a primary school. If they pick the correct items, they will receive their next clue. They also have to identify a country correctly on a map of Africa while at the primary school

Detour - bicycle parts or language arts. Play a children's game using a stick to roll a bicycle rim or find 8 highlighted words from a piece of paper (written in English) and match them up with symbol codes on a sheet.

The Home of Awusa Ntso is the pit stop for this stage.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:33 PM
The A Cappella singers evidently never took geography in school. They failed on numerous chances to locate Ghana (the country they're in at the moment) on the map.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:35 PM
That didn't stop them from winning this leg of the race - prize is $5000 cash each for them to spend after the race is over.

"Cool, buy maps of Africa" is what one of the singers said ...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:38 PM
I'd love to see how Vicki does on the map task.

For now, she and Nick are brawling with each other during the wheelbarrow task.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:43 PM
That's what I thought. They repeatedly miss on where Ghana is, and they finally figure out where it is after about 85% of Africa is already covered up by the school kids.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-10-10 at 10:29 PM
Lucky leg for them.

If I was their cab driver I'd have politely asked them to stop singing. Geez, that gets annoying quickly.

Posted by Karchita on 10-11-10 at 00:44 AM
That was actually the first bit of their singing that I liked. The driver liked it, too. At least they are good singers. You have to give them that even if you don't care for it.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-11-10 at 08:28 AM
Agree. I'll take singing over arguing in the cab any day.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Loree on 10-10-10 at 09:45 PM
I enjoyed watching Chad show off in the skipping and then screw up and have to do it again. Meanwhile some of the females passed him.

Posted by Karchita on 10-11-10 at 00:44 AM
*eye roll*

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:41 PM
During the Language Arts part, Brooke and Claire show their true colours by thinking they have to circle all of the children sitting in a group on the ground. They do this for several minutes with the kids staring at them like "WTF are you doing?" before they look up and realize there's a sheet with codes on them for them to circle.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-10-10 at 10:16 PM
Worse yet is all the other teams started follwing them and draw circles around other children.

"Results"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 08:56 PM
1st - Connor/Jonathan
2nd - Gary/Mallory
3rd - Chad/Stephanie
4th - Katie/Rachel
5th - Nick/Vicki
6th - Brook/Claire
7th - Jill/Thomas
8th - Nat/Kat - got lost and wasted an enormous amount of time and finally found the pit stop (editing made it seem like it was a tight race between them and the father/son)
9th - Michael/Kevin - Non-Elimination leg! The father evidently had heatstroke or something that caused him to stop halfway through the bicycle detour - he looked rather overheated. Then he got up and tried again after a rest and dousing of water, finished the detour and made it to the pit stop. Bravo. He could have bailed out and gotten eliminated that way.

Cool... teams will go back to the schoolhouse the next day and do some remodeling, a way of giving back to the community. Great idea.

"RE: Results"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-10-10 at 10:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-10 AT 00:54 AM (EST)

I wonder what the rule is if he hadn't completed the task and just checked in. Is it a four hour penalty?

Looks like next leg will start with a big bunch point (I'm guessing there are few flights to the artic) which should let them get back in the game. Speed Bumps are mostly a joke anyway.

Didn't feel any suspense with that edit - I think it was clear that Michael & Kevin were way behind. I expect next week they'll start quite a bit behind Nat & Kat.

A bad leg overall - two legs in Ghana wasn't necessary. The tasks were not interesting at all.

Posted by ARnutz on 10-11-10 at 08:38 AM
It's four hours for not completing a roadblock, but for the detour it is more (I think 24 hrs.?) because you have the option to switch tasks.

Posted by vince3 on 10-11-10 at 10:09 AM
I think the only time nobody completed the Detour was in the original season... and then it was a 24hr penalty...

Posted by Estee on 10-11-10 at 10:24 AM
Did PokeHer ever finish the golf course after multiply quitting on the bell ringing?

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-11-10 at 10:44 AM
No, Phil had to go out there and Philiminate them on the course.

Posted by Estee on 10-11-10 at 10:51 AM
I thought so. (Not much sleep this week.) The only difference between that and the prior quit was their never reaching the mat -- if they'd checked in, it would have been a 24-hour penalty.

"Next Episode..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-10-10 at 09:00 PM
From Africa to the Arctic! Can you say "instant cold"?

Looks like they'll have to drive an ATV through a snowy course. Whee. Lots of wipeouts.

"RE: Next Episode..."
Posted by michel on 10-10-10 at 09:32 PM
I found it incredible how no one but the singers located the decoder key or how many teams didn't get the right amount of items at the construction site. Read the Clues, dummies!

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-10-10 at 10:27 PM
I thought at least one of them would realize it.

Posted by Karchita on 10-11-10 at 00:47 AM
Indeed. Even though the Princeton guys didn't do so well with geography, they made the others looks dumb on the rest of the tasks. Those two guys went up a lot in my book this week.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-11-10 at 00:49 AM
Not me - I thought they just got lucky by having the best cab driver.

"Question"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-16-10 at 05:13 PM
In the next episode preview we see the father and son doing a dog sled race of some sort having fun, then we see Stephanie and Chad; Chad is screaming at Stephanie, but who is the girl/girl team that is crying and one is admitting that she can't do it?

"Football"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-11-10 at 00:08 AM
Just a question - after all these years of Sunday night programming constantly starting late, why doesn't CBS just allot more time for each football game?

"RE: Football"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-11-10 at 08:40 AM
You would think they'd perhaps move TAR back to another night, like Tuesdays where it used to be (and which was perfect for me).

Posted by vince3 on 10-11-10 at 10:11 AM
Even when they do so, though... the games still take for-ev-er sometimes... See the premiere night, for example... They scheduled the 90 minute episode to start at 8:30, and it was still late...

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-11-10 at 10:47 AM
The worst part is when a CBS late game finishes on time and they find another random game from some faraway place and show it as "bonus coverage". Trust me, once the local game is over, I don't care about the end of whichever West Coast game happens to be taking place that Sunday afternoon/evening.

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-11-10 at 10:58 AM
Yeah, that happened one week. The scheduled game ended on time so they go to the Seattle game just to make sure everything is late.

Since 60 minutes is a segmented news show, I can't see why they can't join it in progress. Is a boring story by a 97 year old correspondent about high speed computers and the stock market that important?

Posted by jbug on 10-11-10 at 11:07 AM
or M & M's big come back?

Posted by Max Headroom on 10-11-10 at 01:03 PM
I've come to the conclusion that 60 Minutes is the third rail of television programming. If CBS even thinks about moving it, shortening it, etc., they'll be overwhelmed by an avalanche of handwritten letters from the legions of geriatric fans who have watched that show every Sunday since it started airing in 1968.

{/rant}

Posted by kidflash212 on 10-11-10 at 01:14 PM
It's either that or someone involved with 60 minutes has some major blackmail photos. Doesn't even make sense to me to have 60 minutes after football - the target audiences are so different.

Posted by vince3 on 10-11-10 at 01:18 PM
Especially since I've seen Fox barely show coverage of a possible 'bonus coverage' game at the same time as their local game and even cutaway to show local programming to air during the CBS late game...