URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID95
Thread Number: 169
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"2 hour 24 prequel fall 2008"

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 03-21-08 at 03:55 PM
FOX will air a 2 hour 24 "prequel" fall 2008- bridge between season 6 and 7. Also producer Joel Surnow has left the show.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3ib9ecd214eaeda2c0d0d56a2af0af12c8

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

(turns lights back off)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 2 hour 24 prequel fall 2008"
Posted by trigirl on 05-16-08 at 07:56 AM
Sunday, November 23rd, 2008
...to give us a bone so that we'll hold out until January 2009.

bouncey by Ice

"More Details"
Posted by trigirl on 07-15-08 at 08:55 PM
Sounds good!

Link:

The movie takes place on Inauguration Day. Just as Powers Boothe's Noah Daniels is handing the presidential reins to Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones), a military coup begins in a fictional African country. Jack Bauer has escaped there after the torment of Season 6 to help an old buddy (Robert Carlyle) who runs a school "that rescues these children involved in these wars and creates a safe haven." As usual, Jack must come to the rescue. This year's baddie is played by Jon Voight, who appears in the movie and then resurfaces midway through the regular season.

The movie, says Sutherland, stands alone, but it also helps "set up the terrorist threat (of the seventh season) and the justification for why this would happen in the United States."
bouncey by Ice

"Terrorism...again?"
Posted by MrGoodTimes on 10-02-08 at 04:06 PM
Does every 24 season have to be about terrorism destroying some part of the country? It's not just depressing, it's unoriginal. And it may even be giving terrorists ideas.

Why not something else, like a huge bank robbery? Or *fixing* a presidential election instead of just killing the president? Or how about a civil war breaking out right in the U.S.?

Am I alone on this?

"RE: Terrorism...again?"
Posted by indian girl on 10-19-08 at 10:23 PM
Well 24 is about CTU: Counter Terrorism Unit so very unlikely that the storyline would be about anything but Terrorist threats to the US.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 11-24-08 at 01:15 PM
I suspect the new season will be about how well a female president handles a crisis. Maybe paving the way for our first female president. Dennis Haysbert, who played the first President Palmer, credits himself with getting Obama elected.

Posted by trigirl on 11-24-08 at 03:40 PM
I was thinking that when I watched last night. Life does imitate art.

bouncey by Ice

Posted by ohsweetjebus on 12-04-08 at 05:02 PM
>I was thinking that when I
>watched last night. Life
>does imitate art.
>
yeah thats how i felt last season? or the season before, i'm starting to lose track of the days' events...

but when the idea of that the president could be arrested for crimes against humanity it seemed on the pulse with bush and his responsibility towards the deaths of so many of our troops...

or was that the season before....

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 02-12-09 at 05:16 PM
I suspect casualties during Bush/Cheney's Iraq war will pale in comparison those during Obama/Biden's proposed Afghanistan war . Obama and Biden want to pull our troops out of Iraq. And, send them to Afghanistan. This is something they have both clearly stated in speeches. And, during interviews. Fighting the Taliban and the opiate drug traders will claim many American lives. Then, let's see how "popular" this war will be. It will probably do Obama in politically. As in NO second term.