URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1688
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Narrators"

Posted by Krautboy on 11-02-01 at 02:04 AM
After reviewing the first four episodes, it appears that Mark Burnett has selected one member from each tribe as narrator, to tell the tribes story. Kim P. tells the story for Samburu, and Clarence tells it for Boran. They have been selected to provide continuity to the story. Mark Burnett is the storyteller and they are his voice...

Question: Is this an indication that Clarence and Kim last at least until the merge? Or will they be telling the story to the very end?

Krautboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"A few thoughts:"
Posted by sleeeve on 11-02-01 at 02:23 AM
In S2, Jeff was narrator for Kucha... didn't help him at all after the merge.

MB will pick his narrator based on what he wants his audience to see at that time... for example, I think right now he wants us to believe that Clarence is forgiven and fits in with his tribe. Hence, Clarence is the narrator... but I do not believe that Clarence will survive at all once he's no longer needed for strength challenges.

Similarly, Kim P. narrates because the audience needs some connection to understand the GXA, and she's the most amicable of the GXA.

These two are the narrators for Boran and Samburu, and will no longer be needed when these tribes cease to exist... with the twist coming up next week, they may have served their purpose by then.

Definately, they will no longer be needed at the merge.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

"RE: A few thoughts:"
Posted by supershirll on 11-02-01 at 06:06 PM
Interesting! I really liked Jeff V. last season; not my favorite, but right near the top. This season Kim P. and Clarence are #3 and #4 on my favorites list. That MB really knows how to maniuplate the audience!