URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1686
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 05-26-10 at 11:08 PM
I find this hard to believe, but the filming of Amazing Race 17 began today in my hometown, Gloucester, Massachusetts. Teams arrived on a bus to the Jodrey State Fish Pier, were loaded onto lobster boats, and transported to the Eastern Point Yacht Club, where the race began. Teams then took Smart Cars to Logan Airport in Boston, about 35 miles away.

Joey Ciaramatro, who runs a local website, posted video of the teams getting on the boats -- check the site GoodMorningGloucester.com -- http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/ -- to see the video.

One team stopped Joey's wife looking for directions to Logan.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 17 began today -- in Gloucester, Mass."
Posted by Estee on 05-27-10 at 01:57 PM
*blink* You mean we're actually on top of the thing from the starting line? Great spot -- for once, we can try to track the course as it's laid out. (And fail. But at least we get to make the attempt.)

Does it feel like they launched a little early? Maybe I'm just too much in tune with the filming periods for other shows, but late May through June feels like an odd time to run this thing.

And Smart Cars? Wonder how many teams had to abandon their backpacks at the starting line...

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 05-27-10 at 04:33 PM

Well, I wish I was on top of it. Actually I missed it totally, but fortunately enough people here saw it and some actually knew what it was.

There's a funny thread on www.capeannonline.com about people wondering what all the film crews and helicopter were doing in East Gloucester yesterday.

As for the timing, it seems to me that the fall race is usually filmed about this time, if not earlier.

Posted by vince3 on 05-27-10 at 07:52 PM
Timing wise, maybe they launched yesterday to make sure that they were able to head towards Europe/UK because the Icelandic volcano isn't acting up right now?

Posted by michel on 05-28-10 at 05:22 PM
Now, THAT, would have been a big bunching point: Next plane leaves in 7 days!

Posted by Karchita on 06-06-10 at 04:02 PM
Made for tv excitement!

Bouquet by c2p

Posted by CTgirl on 05-30-10 at 11:49 AM
That is very cool OTRA! Thanks for the info. I imagine all of Gloucester was a-buzz!

An Agman Nation Creation

Posted by Ontheroadagain on 05-30-10 at 11:18 PM
More photos of the teams arrival in
Gloucester have been posted here:

http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/

I'm still kicking myself that I missed it all. There was no way to know they were coming here, but it still would have been fun to see all the teams racing madly in their Smart Cars on Gloucester's narrow and confusing streets.

Posted by michel on 06-19-10 at 08:00 PM
I've been looking around Reality Fan Forum and they have quite a bit of spoilers:

The route seems to go: Gloucester - London (Stonehenge)- Ghana - Ghana - Sweden - Finland - Russia - Oman - Bengladesh - Honk Kong? - Los Angeles (seems confirmed as final destination).

The teams are shown here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21996.msg524071.html#msg524071

With these 4 IDed:

- Stephanie Smith (22) and Chad Waltrip (25)---Newly Dating.
- Connor Lawrence Diemand-Yauman and Jonathan Schwartz . Both Princeton Class of '10.
- Mallory Ervin (24) and Gary Ervin (52) , Father/Daughter from Morganfield, Kentucky. Mallory is Miss Kentucky 2009.
- Kevin Wu (19) and Kenny Wu (58) Father/Son from Houston,Texas. Kevin is aka kevjumba, YouTube comedian.

Posted by kidflash212 on 06-19-10 at 11:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-10 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

Four all female teams - most looking young and athletic. Three male/male teams, a father & son and another with at least one very out of shape team member. I think CBS is stacking the deck hoping for the first all female team to win.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by Estee on 06-20-10 at 08:09 AM
Okay, I'm curious: if TAR cast a season without a pageant contestant, would the world end immediately, or would we get a few seconds to realize what had gone wrong first?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 06-22-10 at 05:34 AM
But at least TAR apparently has a sense of humour.

In Stephanie, they've got a former Miss South Carolina (like Caite who was the teen Miss SC) who looks like she could be a younger version of Carol (of Carol & Brandy). Wonder if this was intentional?

Posted by toad8098 on 06-26-10 at 10:30 PM
WOW! I know one person from the Princeton team! So cool!!