URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1682
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Winning Edit"

Posted by samboohoo on 05-03-10 at 09:02 AM
Who's getting it?

Cowboys: Only team to get the Indiana Jones music. They have been positively edited throughout the entire season. Last night we had the first "winning quote" when they mentioned getting "Amazing Race Winner" belt buckles.

Brothers: We've been pounded in the head with it being Dan's dream to run the amazing race. So is the dream fulfilled by him winning it or just running it all the way through?

Models: Caite has "had something to prove" the whole time. Does the "idiot" take it all?

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Winning Edit"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 05-03-10 at 09:15 AM
Cowboys: Only team to get the Indiana Jones music.

Yeah, but the producers showed similar favoritism to the Globetrotters in terms of theme music, insisting that the audience was supposed to love simply because of their occupation. It didn't translate into a win.

Last night we had the first "winning quote" when they mentioned getting "Amazing Race Winner" belt buckles.

I just rolled my eyes. Yes, Plane and Cable, every single competition in the world conforms to your narrow worldview and experience by providing oversized belt buckles to the winners. I especially like the Nobel Prize belt buckles, but those Academy Award belt buckles are nice as well.

We've seen teams talk about winning the Race before. It doesn't necessarily mean anything. It's just bluster before the final leg. They all do it.

Brothers: We've been pounded in the head with it being Dan's dream to run the amazing race. So is the dream fulfilled by him winning it or just running it all the way through?

Whether they win or not, I hope that simply crossing the finish line is good enough for them.

Models: Caite has "had something to prove" the whole time. Does the idiot take it all?

Perhaps ... but if she thinks that winning the Amazing Race negates the verbal diarrhea that she spewed a couple of years ago then she id even dumber than most people think. (I don't think anybody should underestimate her capacity for stupidity though.)

Posted by Snidget on 05-03-10 at 09:26 AM
I dunno if I'm that good at telling how the edit is going (just catching up on the last episode today so I'll see if anything springs up (just saw the brother's taxi meltdown).

I've got the nagging feeling the models win it. The models seem to always win it. The models that every do anything ugly American seem to especially end up winning it. Model teams I can't stand will win it. I am cursed.

I dunno if I can even watch the finale (may have to find out who wins before I do). If the brothers win I'll cut myself, if the models win (and did I mention this gives that redemption edit thing they lurved on reality TV so I'm even more sure they will win it) I'll cut my TV (or shoot it or something).

I kinda like the cowboys most of the time, so I can do with them winning but gah to put up with the other two teams the whole finale?

Spring has a little Captain in it.

Posted by samboohoo on 05-03-10 at 09:32 AM
The beauty of my busy little life - especially now with child in cast - is that, by the time I sit down to actually watch, it's usually already over, so I can cheat.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-03-10 at 07:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-10 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

I'm not good at guessing the winning edit but I found stuff in the previews somewhat interesting:

Dan & Jordan and Jet & Cord are at the virtual reality place together and no sign of Brent & Caite. Cord is doing the trashtalking but when it comes to technology I would give the upper hand to Dan since I can't picture Jet & Cord spending much time playing video games.

Jordan is in a car talking about how much stress he is feeling but his tone didn't seem like he was speaking of the stress of being far behind. I think he was referring to the stress he was feeling thinking he was about to win the Amazing Race.

Final legs have usually involved a memory or mental challenge which Dan & Jordan seem better suited for than either of the other teams.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-04-10 at 10:00 AM
Final legs have usually involved a memory or mental challenge which Dan & Jordan seem better suited for than either of the other teams.

As a huge TAR fan, Jordan will be prepared for this type of final task, and I give him a huge edge over everyone else. Will it be enough to win the race? Dunno.

Capn2patch spring 2010

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-04-10 at 12:52 PM
Didn't help Luke last year as he was a huge TAR fan and has good visual skills.

Posted by CSHS79 on 05-09-10 at 02:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-10 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

*****when it comes to technology I would give the upper hand to Dan since I can't picture Jet & Cord spending much time playing
video games.***************************************************

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Did you forget about the rodeo accident Jet was in that kept him in bed for a number of months and Cord stayed at his bedside the entire time? Now what are two brothers going to do in that situation have a tea party? So I say it's possible they were playing video games.
Besides most often the Finale all comes down to a foot race to the finish line and I say the Cowboys would beat the others in a foot race.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-09-10 at 06:40 PM
Actually the finale hasn't come down to a real footrace in a long time and I doubt someone with a head injury would enjoy staring at a video monitor. Throughout the season Jet & Cord have

As long as the self centered brat and her stooge don't win I'll be satisfied.

"BELT BUCKLES: AMAZING RACE CHAMPIONS"
Posted by goldenmike4393 on 05-04-10 at 01:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-10 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I think the cowboys used the word "Champions" not winners

Same thing! I hope they wiln. They are very JT-likable.

Posted by Estee on 05-10-10 at 09:16 AM
Honestly? Given Dan & Jordan's ultimate victory, they had one of the weirdest edits I've ever seen in this series.

Posted by Starshine on 05-10-10 at 09:29 AM
The editors were bigging them up for a couple of episodes, but yes they did seem like early episode losers most of the time