URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1681
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 16, Episode 11 - East Coast Spoiler Thread "

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:32 PM
I am surprised there isn't a thread for today. I will do a quick recap.

They are in China, and the first clue is to find the Garden Bridge. Seems simple, but the locals all know this bridge by its Chinese name. The cowboys struggle. Brent & Caite get lucky and ask a local researches it for them. They take the lead. Cowboys finally get the same help and are on the way. The brothers are really struggling, and head back to the start to shadow the detectives, figuring they still have the speed bump. They do this, and when the detectives finally get the directions the brothers tell their cabbie to follow the detectives cab. The cabbie's inability to follow to their satisfaction leads to a melt-down, but eventually they catch up in traffic and get to the right bridge.

The Road Block is to count all the gold statues in a room. 523 of these. Ouch. Caite gets there first, but screws up the count a few times. Jet takes his time and gets it right first time. Then Caite gets it shortly after. On to a motorcycle ride through town. Scary!

Now the detectives and brothers are trying to get to the temple for the road block (taxi not allowed, and bus in Shanghai is a challenge)

Time to post this for now.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR 16, Episode 11 - East Coast Spoiler Thread "
Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-10 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

Jet and Cord find the Detour clue first.

Pork Chops, or Pork Dumplings.

Pork Chops = search through hundreds of stamps for the ones with a pig and their name on it.

Pork Dumpling = deliver pork dumplings navigating through crowded city.

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:35 PM
Cowboys take Pork Chops.

Caite and Brent take Pork Chops challenge also, but Brent has to go pee, and Caite apparently can't search while he is going to a washroom (are the rules really that tough?)

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:39 PM
Brett still going on about needing to pee, and Caite still not letting him go for a quick pee. Neither of them seem able to search. Finally she relents, and they go for a pee break. (and while they are gone Cody finds Brent's stamp)

Posted by MaryKat on 05-02-10 at 08:40 PM
Thanks for doing this. I don't have a tv and depend on these updates. I was wondering too where is everybody? Pepe, is it not on in Canada tonight?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-03-10 at 04:57 PM
I'm away at a conference... no TV until Friday! So, I'm depending on you guys to fill me in this time around.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-02-10 at 09:30 PM
Found it odd they all chose the needle in a haystack Detour - although all teams expressed problems with communicating so maybe they feared having to ask for directions.

"Speed Bump"
Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:37 PM
Detectives have to play basketball with coins into a huge incense burner. One each - how tough can that be?

The answer - very easy for one, and pretty easy for the other. That speed bump seems to have taken less than 3 minutes.

"RE: Speed Bump"
Posted by michel on 05-02-10 at 09:07 PM
The speed bump was easy but since the whole leg was run in Shangai it had to be.

BTW: Yes the racers must stay together. Caite couldn't have kept on looking with Brent going to the restrooms.

Posted by cahaya on 05-02-10 at 09:19 PM
Ah, hah, I hadn't realized that was a rule even for a 'pit stop', as I wondered why Caite didn't stay in the shop to keep looking.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-02-10 at 09:25 PM
IIRC they have to stay within a specified distance of each other. I remember from past seasons if someone forgot something they both had to go back to get it; they couldn't separate.

Posted by michel on 05-02-10 at 10:34 PM
Yes, often they could have sent the faster runner to get the forgotten item but both had to go.

At least I got that rule right!

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:40 PM
Brent and Caite, also Jet and Cord headed to the pit stop.

Brothers and Cops still have to do the last task.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:41 PM
Brent and Caite are #1

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:43 PM
Oh did you know Caite is the last girl left in the race?

"That's debatable"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-03-10 at 05:00 PM
One of the brothers gives off the impression that he's a girl.

"RE: That's debatable"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 05-04-10 at 08:14 AM
Which brother does that? Plane or Cable?

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:40 PM
Brothers count the golden statues quickly and get it right first time, and are off on their motorcycle ride.

The detectives are not so lucky, and will be losing time.

(commercial and time for me to catch my breath!)

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-10 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

Michael is quick to realize his mistake, and after the 10 minute penalty gets it right away. They are off on the motorcycle.

Caite finds Cord's stamp, but doesn't reveal.

Caite and Brent find their stamps, and the cowboys find their's just after. The cowboys get a cab quickly, and Caite and Brent take a bit longer. These two teams seem neck and neck.

The other two teams are far back, but close to each other (and the speed bump is already gone).

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-02-10 at 08:57 PM
Lamest Speed Bump ever.

Posted by Max Headroom on 05-03-10 at 08:34 AM
Agree 100%. At least make them walk for ten minutes before doing a 30-second task.

Posted by cahaya on 05-02-10 at 09:12 PM
Caite and Brent find their stamps

But only after he asks mommy to accompany him to the local toilet instead of staying in the shop to keep looking for their stamps. He spends more time standing there and complaining than he does looking.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:43 PM
Jet and Cord are #2

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:46 PM
Brothers and Cops are both doing the last task. Jordan is losing patience searching through the figurines.

Posted by MaryKat on 05-02-10 at 08:48 PM
I'm glad I'm reading this and not watching. I would have a stroke if I had to watch a nail-biter of a race between the cops and the brothers. I have a horrible feeling.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:49 PM
I have a feeling they are making it look like the Brothers won't make it, but I am guessing they will come through.

Commercial right now.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:52 PM
Brothers found theirs and are getting to the Pit Stop.

Cops still looking. They found 1 of the 2.

"And the winner is..."
Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:49 PM
Brent and Caite get to the finish mat first. The greeter is the world's tallest man (I hope this doesn't jinx his life). Caite and Brent win trip to Spain, and Caite is all proud as the only girl left. They will be in the finals.

Jet and Cord are team #2. Happy to be in the final, and Cody claims he will be getting himself an Amazing Race belt buckle.

The brothers are now searching through the stamps, with about 20 minute head start on the detectives. Neck and neck. Who will get theirs first and get a head start in the race to the mat for the last spot in the finale??

We will find out after the washroom (and suddenly I need to pee )

"RE: And the winner is..."
Posted by MaryKat on 05-02-10 at 08:52 PM
Sure, go pee, but don't take too long. I'm hyperventelating.

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:56 PM
Dan gets his, and they Jordan gets his. They are now ahead of the detectives, getting help looking for the mat.

Mike finds Louie's. Just one more stamp needed.

The Brothers are in a taxi heading to the finish. It is now dark outside, so these teams are far behind.

Mike finds his, and they detectives are headed to the finish. The brothers taxi seems to be lost. High anxiety time. Brothers almost crying in the back of the cab. They arrive at the destination, and then so do the detectives. It will be a foot race.

And the 3rd place winner is... the brothers. Dan and Jordan are on to the finals.

Mike and Louie fought hard today, but they are out. They overcame the speed bump, and had chances today to beat the brothers, but it wasn't to be. They enjoyed the ride, even the times when they had to share beds on the trip!

Geez that guy (world's tallest man) is tall.

Thanks y'all.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-02-10 at 09:13 PM
It is now dark outside, so these teams are far behind.

It may not have been that late. This was filmed in December and sunset was before 5 pm in Shanghai. Louie and Michael left the pit stop at around 11 am, so that means all the tasks only took about 6 hours.

Posted by cahaya on 05-02-10 at 09:15 PM
Thanks y'all.

And thank you!

I normally only check the ECST here afterwards, so I'm glad you did it in the absence of others.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:53 PM
Cops also finished the task and headed to the Pit Stop.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:53 PM
Brothers' cab driver is really bad.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:54 PM
# 3 is ..... the Brothers!

Posted by MaryKat on 05-02-10 at 08:55 PM
Thank you! Now I can breathe.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-02-10 at 08:55 PM
Whew! That was a tense episode. So glad it worked out for Dan & Jordan.

Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 08:56 PM
Cops were very gracious in accepting their defeat.

Posted by MsShel330 on 05-02-10 at 08:57 PM
I'm not crazy about Dan & Jordan, especially after their hissy fit in this episode. You're in China, they aren't obliged to speak English.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-02-10 at 09:01 PM
Dan & Jordan have been gracious all along - tonight I think fatigue and stress got to them a bit. Other teams made similar comments about language barriers(in fact all of them).

Posted by ARnutz on 05-02-10 at 09:18 PM
I agree. I would've been stressed over the pressure too! It wasn't all that bad like we've seen of other teams in the past.

"yikes"
Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 08:59 PM
reading this thread I see that the key is to have frequent short posts. Chez posted a bunch of times while I was building a post. Hope this thread isn't too hard to read.

"RE: yikes"
Posted by Chez on 05-02-10 at 09:01 PM
I'm sorry. I'm not used to doing this. It just seemed like the best way to avoid confusion. I was not trying to compete with you or anything.

Posted by byoffer on 05-02-10 at 09:10 PM
hey no worries. Thanks for trying to help!

Posted by michel on 05-02-10 at 09:13 PM
Thanks Byoffer and Chez. Don't worry about post orders, it makes it kind of like a roadblock! I watch the show but I like to read comments afterwards. It makes me see things differently or maybe makes me see things I missed.

Posted by cahaya on 05-02-10 at 09:18 PM
Tip o' the hat to Chez, too (I already thanked byo further up). Yeah, I like reading this afterward, too.

Posted by MsShel330 on 05-02-10 at 09:00 PM
Wow, the virtual reality task next week looks cool.

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-02-10 at 09:03 PM
Clearly there will be a bunch point - Jet & Cord are there with Dan & Jordan.

Posted by ARnutz on 05-02-10 at 09:19 PM
Yes. I cannot wait to see that task. So cool!

Posted by kidflash212 on 05-02-10 at 09:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-10 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

This will probably jinx them and they'll finish last but I'm thinking Dan & Jordan are looking good. Caite and Brent don't seem to be with the two sets of brothers at the virtual reality Roadblock. Thinking Jet & Cord and technology don't mix well - they'd be in awe of a toaster.

Posted by AyaK on 05-02-10 at 10:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-10 AT 10:20 PM (EST)

We'd heard back in December that the race finished in SF, with a visit by Storm Troopers at the Letterman Digital Arts Center and a rappel up Coit Tower, so it was exciting to actually see those scenes in the previews tonight. We didn't see any of the downtown stop, although we heard about it because the cowboys tried to take someone's taxi on Geary Street but had to go find their own.

"Brett is the Amazing Hiding Clue Box."
Posted by Snidget on 05-03-10 at 09:28 AM
Catching up the next day. Jet and Cord see the backpacks, but not Brett. *snort*

"Impossible."
Posted by Estee on 05-03-10 at 05:07 PM
Brett hasn't had a clue yet.