URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 168
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Thoughts on the Final 3 Show..."

Posted by truthrules50 on 08-11-04 at 09:06 AM
I couldn't post on the locked thread below, so here goes for what it's worth, JMHO....

I thought Alonzo wasn't as good as he usually was.

I loved Gary, but don't think he'll win.

I liked John, can see where he will probably win.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Thoughts on the Final 3 Show..."
Posted by buscemi on 08-11-04 at 09:13 AM
Alonzo gave his worst performance yet (I'd say a C), but he's been a solid A- most of the season. Gary gave his usual solid B/B+ performance. John had one of his best sets, an A-, but he's been up and down over the season. Really, I could see any winning, and I'd be okay with any of them winning.

Posted by Joools on 08-11-04 at 10:51 AM
I started the night fully expecting to vote for John but wound up casting all three of my votes for Gary.

I was surprisingly disappointed in Alonzo, it was probably the worst set I've seen him do. It all seemed kind of stale, like I'd heard it or something very like it before.

John was funny, but I don't think it was his best material, either. I think I'm getting tired of every other comic doing sets about relationships and the opposite sex.

Gary takes the most ordinary subjects like cookies and driving with your mom and his delivery just makes them so funny. Every time he referred to figs and newtons as separate things, I just couldn't help but laugh.

P.S. If you're reading this Gary, I'm ready to collect on my hugs voting for you.

Posted by truthrules50 on 08-11-04 at 10:56 AM
<"Gary takes the most ordinary subjects like cookies and driving with your mom and his delivery just makes them so funny. Every time he referred to figs and newtons as separate things, I just couldn't help but laugh."}[P>Couldn't have said it better, Jools. My hubby is a hard one to make laugh. He loved Gary. We don't vote, but if we did, he would be it.

Somehow, though - I think John is it. And I wouldn't be disappointed, really. I think some smart guy will make something happen in TV for Gary, too.

But I still miss my GLASS man !! LOL

Posted by Bebo on 08-11-04 at 11:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

I had locked it since folks were already posting on the 20 Aug thread - trying to keep the discussion in one place.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID51/165.shtml

ETA a link to that discussion - I'll keep this thread open since the subject line is clearer.

Posted by truthrules50 on 08-11-04 at 12:33 PM
Thanks, Ebo...

"John Heffron"
Posted by DoodleBug on 08-11-04 at 12:01 PM
I laughed my butt off last night. Maybe because I'm married and I could relate to everything he was saying last night (it's all true, fellas!). Maybe because I just love the guy. Maybe it was just his energy and the others bored me? I think all of the above. John received all of my votes.

Alonzo? Very disappointing. He should write for sitcoms.

Gary? Funny, but compared to John.... he's a little boring. I think he would be great in a sitcom though.

After saying all that.... I would be happy with any of them winning because they are all deserving (based on past performances, etc), but I am really hoping John blows them away.

Go John!!

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

"RE: John Heffron"
Posted by Chachachafan on 08-11-04 at 12:03 PM
I thought that John as absolutely hilarious. I'm a Detroiter, so he's definitely got all of my votes!