URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 168
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Charla"

Posted by BLefeb1781 on 09-02-03 at 02:30 PM
Is anyone as sick as I am of Charla crying every show? I realize the voted off cast was very mean last night but come on. Is she 12yrd or what? I'm getting a little tired of this poor me/everyone hates me/I want to leave crap every week. Whats up with Dave asking Amy to be nice to Charla?? Charla's a big girl, she should be able to handle it herself. I mean if it is soo bad why would you stay??? Go Tom and Smokey!

~BL

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Charla"
Posted by Crazy4Jason on 09-02-03 at 02:35 PM
I personally think she's gonna eplode next episode. They showed the clip of her wlaking out and facing the "crowd". I feel for her, from th beginning all of the others formed their cliques and left her out. It wasn't until Dave showed uo that Charla had someone to apl around with. I want to see her win.

Posted by Crazy4Jason on 09-02-03 at 02:36 PM
sorry- trying to hurry, alp!= pal wlaking=walking...don't know what happened...

Posted by CantStandToLook on 09-02-03 at 02:41 PM
I'm tired of seeing Charla cry though she's still one of my favorites. It seems that she's been trying to play the game without having to be confrontational with people and everyone that just came back is trying to exploit that. They are trying to break her and it appears that she just might break.

I think it's time for her to grow horns for a day and just let them have it. Amanda could give them soo much sh!t on the losers and how they were about each other behind their backs. Fortunately or not, Charla has too much class to do that and apparenlty so does Dave as I thought he was excellent in telling the Losers in a very nice way, I'm not here to be ganged up on so you can quit it cause you aint getting to me.

Posted by lovethisreality on 09-02-03 at 05:41 PM
Yes exactly so nicely put. I think Dave handled himself maturely and you know it has taught me a valuable lesson; there is a way to be tough and true to your friends without being an ass or confrontational. I loved his reaction and will learn from it in my everyday soap opera work life.

"Listen, I would cry too if...."
Posted by BluestBayou on 09-04-03 at 03:47 AM
I would cry too, if I had scary A$$ Toni following me around. Plus we can bank on the fact that the she-he is drunk, too!! The bartenders must be workin overtime in Paradise!! Man, those fools are always walking around with drink-in-fist!! Okay, so anyway, I'd cry too if I were stuck with Toni, AMy, Zacka nd the other playground bullies. Toni scares me, but not as bad as Desiree's booby stretch marks!

Posted by sbeck on 09-02-03 at 02:43 PM
Me, too. The only thing that bothers me about Charla's crying is that she's crying over losers. these guys are losers; the majority of viewers love Charla, so she has nothing to worry about. And newsflash Amy: Charla has nothing to feel guilty about!

Posted by Sbez on 09-02-03 at 04:25 PM
I agree with you Sbeck, but unfortunately Charla hasn't gotten to see the show on TV like the losers so it plays out a little different when you are there. Charla has been picked on since the beggining and that would make anybody crazy after awhile. I wish that she would stop trying to be nice for once and let the losers have it!

Amy makes me sick. Everybody else is doing stuff that is SHADY in her eyes. God, where is the mirror for her to look in. How come it's ok for her and zack to talk behind everyone's back but it's not ok for anybody else to do it. PULLLLEEEEZZZZZ!!! Stupid BE--UTch!

Posted by tiredawine on 09-04-03 at 01:37 AM
You couldn't have said it any better! At the end of tonight's show, after they announced that Zack is not eligible to get voted back in,(which I'm THRILLED about, because he doesn't deserve it) Keith stated that "He kicked Zack off the show for a second time"......True! But the way I see it, Zack got himself kicked off all by himself and his obnoxious behavior and ugly mouth! God, He needs some major mental health help! I think Zack really could benefit from heavy duty doses of psychotic meds and anger management/therapy.....God love him, he's a 3 year old little boy trapped in a teenage boy's body! It's obvious that he has 0% confidence in himself or a positive self image!!!!!!!!! That's usually the case.....The above opinion also could be made for Anton, AMY, Alex, Beau, Kristin and TONI, who desperately needs mental help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love how it's ok for TONI or ZACK or ALEX to scream and demean/abuse another person, but when the other person tries to get a word in edgewise, they won't listen and seem to believe that they are the only ones who matter and that their opinion is more important than the next guys....I think Dave and Keith are probably the only two guys on the show who actually have a maturity level to meet their age and not their shoesize!

Charla is struggling, but considering she is only 21, she's not doing too damn bad. When I was her age I would have crumbled on that show, but it took me 40 yrs. to realize that it's more important to be true to myself and that what other people think about me is just their opinion......It's only an opinion and it doesn't make me what or who I am !!!!!!!!

Posted by ImZACKtheAPE on 09-02-03 at 02:59 PM
I think Charla's a great girl! Yes, her crying can get annoying. Sometimes you want to slap her and say, " Snap out of it Edna! The Germans are coming!" She needs to suck it up and take these morons on and prove that the little guy can win.

This just goes to show though that mobs are everywhere in society. They're in the workplace, school, and apparently in paradise. These a$$hole$ are bullies and cowards. They get off on kicking people when they are down because of their own insecurities. They are in my opinion the lowest form of humanity.

And if that is not good enough reason to root for Charla and friends regardless of her crying then one might as well just join the gang of scumbags!

Posted by ugibugi on 09-02-03 at 10:15 PM
" Snap out of it Edna! The Germans are coming!" ? LOL! What the hell does that mean? You completely lost me with that line, but I still find it funny as hell! Maybe if you explain where it came from it will be even more funny. It literally had me laughing out loud.

Posted by ImZACKtheAPE on 09-03-03 at 00:49 AM
Lol! Ya that's funny. That's an old saying from England where Im originally from,that my dad says. There's a few variations of it It basically means... "wake up and open your eyes!" or the familiar "wake up smell the coffee." It must of come from the state of shock on some ladies face seeing the Germans flying over London during the blitz and somebody had to slap her to wake her up before she got cratered.

Posted by managerr on 09-02-03 at 03:40 PM
I honestly think Charla would have left a long time ago, but she is staying for Dave and now her other alliances. Despite the impression that she gives off, I think she truly does care about all of them.

Posted by Loree on 09-02-03 at 04:09 PM
It has also been mentioned that Charla is the youngest female on the show. She is sensitive and has been there from the beginning living with people who mostly hate her. They were finally gone and now they have returned. I probably would have cried in frustration too.

"Charla is the youngest and perhaps the one that"
Posted by kellyval99 on 09-02-03 at 05:27 PM
understands the game best...It took Toni, Kristen and Amy forever to realize that Charla and Tara were together and trying to get them out...while they all the while sat on the bed begging for Charla to be the next out. Charla has played the game well.

"RE: Charla is the youngest and perhaps the one that"
Posted by RollDdice on 10-01-03 at 03:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-01-03 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

Oops. It's late and my hand slipped. (Isn't that what Scott has said to Beau on a number of occasions?)

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

"Charla's sense of humor"
Posted by RollDdice on 10-01-03 at 03:31 AM
CSTL is going to hunt me down and torture me for this, but you have to give some credit to Charla --

Although Tara is smarter and has a great sense of humor, Charla shares it as well.

- The "Walk of Freedom" rehearsal was very funny. Tara really nailed Amanda's accent and Charla had the whole act down completely.

- The Twixt bar toast was also cute and included some words that everyone either missed or misquoted. Tara (I think) didn't say, "It's a dog eat dog world." She said, "It's a doggie dog world.". (They "borrowed" the line from Dharma & Greg writer C. Lorre, but it still gave you some insight as to how smart they both can be.)

Charla is much more interesting when she's not curled up behind the plumbing fixtures.

Posted by Lahela on 09-02-03 at 04:17 PM
I know she cries alot, but I can't blame her really. It seems people gang up on her a lot. She was pretty much alone until Dave showed up and the other "originals" never really gave her a chance and pretty much treated her like crap from the beginning.
I really hope that she gets up the courage to tell those losers off.

Posted by KOR on 09-02-03 at 04:30 PM
Let me guess, you were a bully in school too. It's called empathy, you should probably try it sometime. If you don't think putting up with those people would be extremely difficult for a meek and mild tempered person, then you're obviously one of them. Unlike Zack and Amy, she apparently doesn't thrive on making other people feel bad.

Posted by lovethisreality on 09-02-03 at 04:51 PM
Yes exactly I agree with you. That is the first I thought when I read the original comment. No one who hasn't been bullied could understand what she must be going through. I mean for god sakes' I was in the sanctity of my home and could feel the anger and violent turbulent air from there. And if you notice the morons who incidently all seem to have been cast from the same mould are only picking on Charla. So in essence she is alone in the abuse. Fortunately Dave showed some loyalty and pride and I was soooo happy about that.

Posted by sbeck on 09-02-03 at 06:36 PM
You're right: they've been bullying Charla since the beginning. Why? Because she didn't swim in the pool. It's so easy for all of them to pick on her, but weren't all of those guys trying to get in her pants, too? I recall an early episode where Charla and Zack were in bed making out when Alex walked in and Zzack had to hide in the closet. And Andon sure enjoyed his time away from Foni to make out with Charla. Yet they all joined the jealous witches and pounced on Charla.

And how stupid can Beau and Kristin be, by the way? Did they not realize that saying "we need to be Barbie girls in a Barbie world" was an insult to them?

Posted by managerr on 09-03-03 at 09:42 AM
I agree--they mocked that strategy--but hello??!? That loser strategy certainly fooled all of your asses while they kicked you off.

Posted by BLefeb1781 on 09-03-03 at 09:49 AM
>Let me guess, you were a
>bully in school too.
>It's called empathy, you should
>probably try it sometime.

See thats where you are wrong. Up until grade 11 I was considered "Fat" although I wasn't really that big. Do you really know how cruel other kids can be to someone that isn't a perfect size 2? Well I do and I lived it. Yes it hurts and it sucks but you know what you can't sit there and feel sorry for yourself every minute! I have empathy to people who need it not people that sit there and do nothing about it. Being young has nothing to do with it. You make the decisions that will effect on how people will look at you. I choose to ignore it and go on with my life. Not still in my room and cry about it! Spoiled and needs constant attention as how I describe her. Why would you go on a show that takes place in a hotel setting without liking to socialize and swim? What else do you really think could happen on a show like this? Next time check your facts before you acuse.

~BL

Posted by dasheekee jones on 09-03-03 at 09:56 AM
And sometimes people who are hurt manifest it into being bitter and angry and tell others who are sensitive to "chuck it up and shut up".

Anyway, maybe Charla didn't want to go in the pool because she was on the rag?

She should use the power of the pinky swear to kill them all.

Posted by Lahela on 09-03-03 at 02:17 PM
BL...sounds to me like you have some major issues to deal with. It doesn't sound like you "ignored" any of those people who called you fat. In fact, it sounds like you took all of those comments to heart and bottled them up and have become bitter and vengeful. Go seek counseling.

Posted by Scarberian on 09-03-03 at 03:49 PM
Why would you go on a show that takes place in a hotel setting without liking to socialize and swim?

Maybe because she wanted to win the game.
She didn't come on to be voted homecoming queen.
She is still there because she put the game ahead of playing social hour on a free vacation.

If I was stuck in a place with disgusting people like that, I'd cry too (whether I signed up or not)...

Posted by love2smile on 09-03-03 at 05:24 PM
I have to put in my 2 cents.....

First of all......I like Charla, I think she is a genuinly nice person......BUT......

She needs to deal with the problem rather than hide in a corner (or by the toliet). I too was bullied for having "buck teeth" (kids are cruel when you have an overbite) when I was younger. There comes a time when you HAVE to stand up for yourself. In my eyes, all she is doing is letting them bully her. THAT'S why they keep doing it. She needs to pick herself up by the bootstraps and just go off. She will feel much better, and maybe she can gain a new confidence in herself.

Posted by dasheekee jones on 09-03-03 at 05:45 PM
Yea hudling around the porcelin god and the bidet was making me gag. Everyone was touching them (ie. the bowl and the bidet). I was like, "how many Po-Ho asses touched that thing".

Nasty. Just plain nas---ty!

Anyway I hope that by the grace of the Pinky Swear Gods, that Charla gets some advantage, like a tape or something, to show all the losers how they really act.

How can people be so stupid not to realize how others talked about them? I mean Beau's speech was so "touching"...

"you're all pathetic" and then clicks his heels.

I mean, wasn't fat-@ss, c**t the first to say "I'm so insulted?"

Girl, please, a man not giving you a towel to wipe, that is an insult to you.

Hate that ho.

Posted by sbeck on 09-03-03 at 06:22 PM
dasheekee jones, you always make me laugh! Beau and Kristin are surely the biggest idiots on the show. Well, maybe tied with Zack and Amy...

Posted by Lahela on 09-03-03 at 06:32 PM
dasheekee Jones..you crack me up! Had me rolling with that last post!
And yes...Kristin and Beau tie Zack and Amy as most pathetic losers ever!

Posted by ray on 09-03-03 at 10:47 PM
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of Charla for one good reason......perk up!!!!! I am getting sick and tired of your whinning and crying in almost every episode. If you are truly unhappy......leave. Stop hiding in your room and sulking. It getting old. I'm hooting for Tom and Smokey to win the big one. GO SMOKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by shery_1 on 09-03-03 at 11:05 PM
Everyone has different personalities. I have noticed that Chara gets teary eyed everytime someone left the show. She is very young and very sensitive. The way she carrys herself and acts shows she has been raised to be a lady in public, and not say what you feel. She has had to fight for every friend on the show, and I bet the pressure there is sooooooooooo hard. I agree she crys alot, but I probably would too. Im very sensitive too. At least she dont act like Zack.

Posted by nanrabbit on 09-03-03 at 11:12 PM
Is everyone forgetting how much Toni cried?? I think that they have really been mean to her and it has been from the beginning. They have plotted for a long time to get her out and say mean things about her when she has been playing the GAME that they all agreed to play. This was not just a vacation for them.

Posted by BLefeb1781 on 09-04-03 at 02:39 PM
>I have to put in my
>2 cents.....
>
>First of all......I like Charla, I
>think she is a genuinly
>nice person......BUT......
>
>She needs to deal with the
>problem rather than hide in
>a corner (or by the
>toliet). I too was bullied
>for having "buck teeth" (kids
>are cruel when you have
>an overbite) when I was
>younger. There comes a time
>when you HAVE to stand
>up for yourself. In my
>eyes, all she is doing
>is letting them bully her.
>THAT'S why they keep doing
>it. She needs to pick
>herself up by the bootstraps
>and just go off. She
>will feel much better, and
>maybe she can gain a
>new confidence in herself.
>

Praise the Lord...someone who gets what I'm saying. Just because you get bullied doesn't mean you stand there and take it!

~BL

Posted by tiredawine on 09-04-03 at 01:41 AM
You couldn't have said it any better! At the end of tonight's show, after they announced that Zack is not eligible to get voted back in,(which I'm THRILLED about, because he doesn't deserve it) Keith stated that "He kicked Zack off the show for a second time"......True! But the way I see it, Zack got himself kicked off all by himself and his obnoxious behavior and ugly mouth! God, He needs some major mental health help! I think Zack really could benefit from heavy duty doses of psychotic meds and anger management/therapy.....God love him, he's a 3 year old little boy trapped in a teenage boy's body! It's obvious that he has 0% confidence in himself or a positive self image!!!!!!!!! That's usually the case.....The above opinion also could be made for Anton, AMY, Alex, Beau, Kristin and TONI, who desperately needs mental help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love how it's ok for TONI or ZACK or ALEX to scream and demean/abuse another person, but when the other person tries to get a word in edgewise, they won't listen and seem to believe that they are the only ones who matter and that their opinion is more important than the next guys....I think Dave and Keith are probably the only two guys on the show who actually have a maturity level to meet their age and not their shoesize!

Charla is struggling, but considering she is only 21, she's not doing too damn bad. When I was her age I would have crumbled on that show, but it took me 40 yrs. to realize that it's more important to be true to myself and that what other people think about me is just their opinion......It's only an opinion and it doesn't make me what or who I am !!!!!!!!

Posted by SoCalSteve on 09-04-03 at 03:54 AM
I can totally understand why Charla would want to avoid all those hate-mongering idiots. I don't blame her at all for staying inside...
My only gripe is that she should sit up some of the time... all that laying down is kinda depressing for me.
She's a good egg...and I hope she wins!
Steve

Posted by Faith4U2004 on 09-04-03 at 04:08 AM
Give me a F__ken brake what is she going to do act like Zack
dus all the time and its better to get it out (When you are up
set)like she dus then get it out like a mad man and I uderstand
it when she dus when she has so meny on her and saying meen
things to her and more then one getting on to her (Ganging up on
her)in more then one way to but she dus come right beck (After
she gets it all cryed out)Strong to and tonight she had every
right cus the 3 people that are her so called friends whoe
was in her room trying to get her to chear up and let her know that someone (Him)has her back all the way no matter what and that was Dave and only Dave and her so called ather 2 friend where out sitting around with the athers even some past
gest checked up on her and talked to her and tolde her not to
woory and still the ather 2 so called friends never came to her to just even talk to her,let her cry if thats her way off getting it out and getting over what ever is going on at the time then so be it as long as it helps her at the time and maybe if some of the people wouldn't gange up on her all the time she wouldn't cry so much all the time.

Posted by dasheekee jones on 09-04-03 at 10:57 AM
"dus", "beck" "cryed" "cus" "athers" "woory"

#####. Another public school system bites the dust.

Posted by mtopaz on 09-04-03 at 12:30 PM
"ather 2 so called friends never came to her to just even talk to her,let her cry if thats her way off getting it out"

Thank you for using at least one punctuation mark in your post. I would have been even more impressed if you had added a space after the comma as well.

MJ

Posted by WhoCares on 09-04-03 at 12:58 PM
OK people at least she/he had a lot of words that were spelled right, although it gave me a headache trying to read that response.

"GO CHARLA" she just needs a little reassurance or a drink!?!?

JCD

"Keith, help her out"
Posted by Crazy4Jason on 09-04-03 at 02:48 PM
Maybe keep needs to give her a little TLC...Charla seemed to be really happy rooming with Keith!

"RE: Spell check, anyone? Anyone?"
Posted by RollDdice on 09-28-03 at 02:37 AM
>Give me a F__ken brake what
>is she going to do
>act like Zack
>dus all the time and its
>better to get it out
>(When you are up
>set)like she dus then get it ...
(one huge run-on sentence, ending with...)

she wouldn't cry so much all the time.
>======================
And the Reality TV World "Flamey" award for the longest, most incomprehensible rambling rant goes to ... Faith4U2004.

(I'm guessing that "someone" is a recent transfer from the Fox board.)

{Not that I should throw stones. I've certainly done more than my share of babbling.}

"RE: Spell check, anyone? Anyone?"
Posted by soapie on 10-01-03 at 10:48 PM
I can't stop laughing at your reply!!! =)

"Thank you Soapie."
Posted by RollDdice on 10-04-03 at 01:48 PM
Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week. (but not much longer... I'm already going through PH withdrawl.)

Posted by Crazy4skolczi on 09-09-03 at 12:17 PM
Yes!I am soo tired of her acting like she needs to be protected from the big bad originals!! If you remember in the first couple of episodes Charla didn't want to be a part of the group, she isolated herself from the group! Charla should've joined the group the group shouldn't have been expected to join her on the sidelines!

Posted by Breezy on 09-09-03 at 12:25 PM
Yes I remember the first couple episodes I remember a younger than the others but more mature than the others Charla, determining that drinking and acting foolish was not her style. Then because of this the originals picked on her and made her feel not wanted; instead of being grown ups and saying to each his own.

"Charla's an actress!"
Posted by sbeck on 10-01-03 at 09:35 PM
(Surprise, surprise)
http://www.wehmann.com/actor.cfm?letter=o

(Scroll down to Charla Pihlstrom) on the right-hand side of the screen)

"RE: Charla's a sleazy actress!"
Posted by RollDdice on 10-02-03 at 02:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-03 AT 02:57 AM (EST)

Why am I not surprised? I've always found certain jobs (bartender, waitress, office temp., etc.) to be code for MAWs (model/actor/whatever). Toni's a prime example. I could probably pick out more than half of the PH cast who have headshots.

But given Charla's acting abilities, she's probably a model. And given her behavior on the Finale, she's also an ungrateful snake.

The question is, can she list that as "other skills" on her resume?

Posted by littlelady on 10-04-03 at 08:56 PM
No I Am not .
I really liked Charla and HA to you because she won $250 000 and hwo much do you have

Posted by RollDdice on 10-13-03 at 04:41 PM
littlelady -

Yes you are. (what are we talking about?)

And HA on you, because the Piece of Charla has to live with herself. Have fun with the cash because you aren't going to be a Plumbing Industry spokesperson anytime soon.