URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1665
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"eastcoast spoiler thread"

Posted by byoffer on 07-07-08 at 09:10 PM
results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results**** results****

Boo hiss. Jesse wins. Jason is devastated. So are most of the viewers.

I hope they have a rad wedding and a totally gnarly life together. I am sure Agman will make them some cool siggies that will keep them stoked!

What, Spicolli wasn't available?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Ugh!"
Posted by Ahtumbreez on 07-07-08 at 09:17 PM
I think they should do a double Bachelor next time with both Jason and Jeremy, but I'm afraid my tv would melt.

I was never a Jesse fan.

Agman took me to the islands

"RE: Ugh!"
Posted by Luv4Jason on 07-07-08 at 09:19 PM
I never was a Jesse fan either! along with the rest of the world!

"RE: eastcoast spoiler thread"
Posted by MsOrchid on 07-07-08 at 09:27 PM
I just cannot see it! FIX! FIX!!!

GOTTA be! How else could her taste in men be SO BAD!!!

Posted by Runnr3003 on 07-07-08 at 09:30 PM
Yeah... Can you believe that she picks Jesse?? Total crock huh. Seriously, Jason should be counting his blessings. I'm sure he is, he is no dummie. Watching it now on an east coast thread, and the part about her putting Ty to sleep or something rubbing his head. If she knew that Jesse was the one all along like she claims, how dare she get that close to Ty. Shame on her! That makes her scum of the earth in my opinion.

Good luck to De and Jesse. May they get the fame and fortune that they so obviously desire. I give it just a bit more time lasting than I've given the Brit and the twit.

I heard today that Paula Abdul's brother or someone like that is in talks with the network to possibly be the next bachelor. If thats truly the case, I know I will not be watching the series anymore. I want to watch real people, like Jason or Jeremy, and real women like Noelle, find real people, not actors, models, aspiring singers, etc etc etc. I think they would have more of a chance to have that happy fairy tale ending we all always hope for than these people whom are using the show to further their careers in one way or another.

Posted by Snidget on 07-07-08 at 09:40 PM
Stunt casting is annoying on any show.
Although I didn't mind it so much on shows that don't pretend to be so serious, like the VH1 dating shows.

Posted by jbug on 07-07-08 at 09:53 PM
Joining the gang here! Why did she choose an immature doofas?
(My first season to watch all the way thru)so, I can't believe all the crap she carried on about having her heart broken by the bachelor when she was on; and tonite she says she didn't realize till she just watched this backstage that she did the same thing to Jason? She didn't know she was going to break his heart?
Wake up silly girl. He told you he loved you. You strung him along just like Brad did you. What goes around comes around.

Snidget put me on the cover!

Posted by LeftPinky on 07-07-08 at 10:07 PM
worse, as he has a son. He truly had to believe this was right to continue - and introduce her to his son.

Posted by Snidget on 07-07-08 at 10:07 PM
bumping, hopefully to get the discussion back on this thread where it belongs.

"Big announcement"
Posted by Snidget on 07-07-08 at 10:10 PM
stop pimping it already and just get on with it.

"RE: Big announcement"
Posted by Snidget on 07-07-08 at 10:12 PM
They set a date, that's a shock.

Posted by byoffer on 07-07-08 at 10:46 PM
worst.pimped.announcement.ever

Posted by Snidget on 07-07-08 at 11:27 PM
Given the history of badly pimped reality TV announcements, that is saying something.

Posted by Loree on 07-08-08 at 05:13 AM
DeAnna can't have it both ways. She either knew all along she was going to pick Jesse and she deliberately strung Jason/Jeremy along while they stated their great love for her. Feeding her ego and not caring about their feelings.

Or... she truly didn't make her choice till that last morning. In which case she was not ready to say YES to marriage to anyone. That would mean she was in love with the idea of getting married. She just picked Jesse as the one she thought was hotter when she had to make a decision.

Neither answer makes her a very smart person. She is either selfish and doesn't care who she hurts. Or she is so determined to get married that she just picks the one that she likes the best on the day of filming.

Neither answer should make Jesse's friends and family feel too good. He is either marrying a woman that is so self-centered she doesn't care who she hurts as long as she gets her way. (She does love to start sentences with "I" and end them with "me"). Or he is marrying a woman that didn't decide to pick him till the last minute. Oh that has to make him feel special. Being married is more important to her than who she happens to marry.

Jason and Jeremy dodged the bullet. Run Jesse Run...

Posted by byoffer on 07-08-08 at 07:48 AM
strung Jason/Jeremy along

I was thinking about this last night. What would happen if after, say, 2 weeks she had already decided that Jesse was the one. She has signed a contract to drag this thing out for 6 weeks (I think that is how long they film). So is she the one guilty of "stringing the others along"? Obviously she couldn't secretly pull them aside and tell them she is keeping them around because the contract says so.

Obviously this show by nature is a strange situation (dating so many people at one time) but I hadn't thought about the other side of it that they have to keep people around also.

Posted by Snidget on 07-08-08 at 07:58 AM
True, it isn't as if they can just say after two shows, I found the one, lets end it now.

I also think the situation is manipulated to keep the chooser as torn between as many people as possible. Part of the reason, in my cynical opinion, for the hyper-romantic over-the-top dates they send them on is to keep the person choosing as interested as possible in as many of them as possible for as long as possible. I also think that is why so many of the relationships fall apart. It is different when you don't have some producer spending huge sums of money on all your dates to make sure you are as ramped up romantically as possible.

I suspect they are told that giving everyone but one person the cold shoulder the whole time isn't acceptable. Doesn't make good TV if the person choosing only smooches one out of the group and shuts the rest of them out the whole time.

Posted by Runnr3003 on 07-08-08 at 09:02 AM
bull riding and line dancing are not what I would call over the top dates... LOL.. But, I know what you are saying. They did have some extravagant dates. Like doing to the singers house, etc.

I agree with Loree... All this time she has been saying she wouldnt lead people on because of brad brad brad brad.. But, to me, when you take those people up to the fantasy suites, its assumed you do the dirty bone dance. I think that in itself would lead a guy on, assuming they got to 'business.' Now, of course, she has to pass out the invitations to the suites, but when Jeremy gets up and closes the door in the sultry manor he did, it suggests they did more than just play tittly winks.
Deanna didnt have to become involved with these long kissing sessions either, that was her choice. Something else that would have led the guys on. Nor did she have to carry on a conversation on a 'future' they would have either. She could have kept that short and simple, and steered the conversation somewhere else.

There are lots of ways she could be gentle, and do things lightly. But I also agree, its a 6 week show. She has to do a fair amount of keeping up the show. She cant just say, 'ok, I found the one, lets all go home now.'

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... Loree pointed out something else I thought was interesting. One moment she said 'I've been waiting to tell you I love you to Jesse' at the rose ceremony.. and acted as if she 'knew all along'.. but then at another time said she made up her mind the day of the final rose ceremony. I couldnt swallow that if I were Jesse. I'd be hurt!! But, thats just me. I think that it was Graham she really did want, I dont care what she says, she's already proven to the nation she is full of .... sh aving cream... I suppose you have to lie a little on this show, but, we've seen other bachelors and bachelorettes do it with more finess, or maybe class.

I really do wish Deanna and Jesse well. They might even last for a few years. I hope they do. oh yes, and one more final note.. The timing of their wedding is interesting. Isnt that one of the biggest ratings week ever for these networks? When she said they were going to get married in the Bahamas, I was sure its going to be a big televised event all paid for by ABC.

How many of you will watch??

Posted by Loree on 07-08-08 at 08:07 AM
I believe that if DeAnna knows what they are going thru (like she continually said she did) then she could have been more careful. It had to be obvious to her which guys were really falling hard for her. If she was not feeling the same then send them home. Keep the ones that she will not be hurting. And don't make them believe they truly are The One. Be a bit more mysterious with the ones she doesn't pick. Both Jason and Jeremy were so sure they were The One. They were completely shocked when dumped. They never even saw it coming. If DeAnna is so truly in love with Jesse that they are marrying. Then she should not have been convincing 2 others they were the love of her life. There should have been some uncertainty or mystery or doubt for the others.

She told Jason she did not know it was Jesse till the morning of the Final Rose. Yet her father said it was obvious to him she had already picked Jesse on the family visit. Hmmm?

Maybe I just never really liked DeAnna that much. Right till the end on After The Rose she was still making everything about herself. She couldn't even let Jason ask his questions without cutting him off to tell how she felt. And making it about herself. I did love when Jason gave the remark about how she looked at Graham as well as Jesse. She slipped for a minute and showed her anger. The Graham remark got to her.

Posted by Snidget on 07-08-08 at 08:25 AM
Sometimes we are the last to know what the rest of our family believes they see about us from how we behave.

She was in a position where they were manipulating her to feel as much as possible for as many guys as possible.

Didn't she not say I love you to either of the final two as she didn't know who she was choosing? Or did I completely mis-read that.

As to many guys thinking they are {reverb}The One{/reverb} they are first off in a competition where believing you are {reverb}The One{/reverb} is much more likely to get you to the end than if you think you have no chance at all. I'm sure the producers manipulate the ones being chosen so as many of them think they really have a shot.

I mean how many of these shows do we get to the end where one person was never kissed, never shown any real affection, and knows that from day one they had absolutely no chance at all both from what they felt and all the evidence that was presented to them and is not-at-all surprised and is relieved that they chose the other person. The game is not set up for people to be certain that someone else is {reverb}The One{/reverb} and they have no chance.

I don't think it is possible within the confines of these dating shows to not lead people on. Even if you try not to, the situation is designed to have several people fall for the one doing the choosing and have the chooser as confused about their feelings for as long as possible.

Why should this installment be different.

Posted by byoffer on 07-08-08 at 08:46 AM
she was still making everything about herself

My thoughts exactly. During the final rose show, Jason was out first and the crowd was loving him, and prolly more than a little mad at her, ready to roast her if she didn't answer his questions properly. This was going to be the time for Jason to get his vindication! Instead, DeAnna came out and turned on the waterworks, totally making the scene all about her and how hard this was on her. As you indicated, she didn't even let him ask his questions. Even when he was being completely noble and trying to let her off the hook about not choosing him with the comment that she never looked at him like she did at Jesse (and at Jeremy), she got all upset because of the Jeremy comment, again making it about her.

As much as the audience all loved her when she was jilted in her previous season, I think the lustre has worn off through this season. But maybe that is manufactured because of the logistics of these shows.

Also, I agree with Snidget about sometimes family knowing before the people involved know. This can be for the better or worse. My sister got engaged years ago, and my parents knew it was wrong. It just took my sis a long time to realize this for herself. Even DeAnna explained that she had to learn about herself a lot through this process, not just about the guys. Sometimes our families know us better than we know ourselves.

"I'm the only one that seems to be happy"
Posted by DrKegel on 07-08-08 at 09:15 AM

I guess I'm the only one that was totally happy with the ending and her choice. Love them together. Love Jesse. Was crying and thought the scene with him proposing and her accepting was absolutely the most precious thing I've seen in a long-time. It was very beautiful.

I think what I like the best was that he's different from the normal type of person she would have dated, but she actually dared to look under the surface and find out she loved the person that was in there.

Jason to me was all about Jason. And he had already been through being 'rejected' or some horrible divorce calamity. Midway through the show he says something about how thrilled he is that DeAnna allowed him to open out and that no matter what he's happy she could do this. Then, of course, he turns out to be a typical man who completely turns on her when he finds out her heart is given to someone else. What happened with the 'just being happy with her showing him he can love again?' And I should say, I don't think Jason is a bad guy ... he's just a typical guy.

Jesse truly wore his heart on his sleeve and is head over heels in love with DeAnna.

Think they'll have a wonderful, happy, exciting life together with lots of little snow bunny kids.

It was funny how her sister-in-law knew her best. I guess her father said he knew what she was going to do, but her sister-in-law nailed what she was looking for and correctly pegged her as a 'free spirit.'

Think Jesse is much more likely to feed that 'free spirit' and allow her to spread her wings and be whatever she wants to be.

Much love and good wishes to both.

Loved, loved, loved this episode!!! Best ever finale.

"RE: I'm the only one that seems to be happy"
Posted by JGTsgirl on 07-08-08 at 12:03 PM
You're not alone! I loved the finale.

I totally thought that she was going to pick Jason but I'm thrilled she picked Jesse. My heart goes out to Jason, as I believe he was genuine, but I never saw sparks between him and DeAnna - it was obvious she had deep affection for him, but not the sparks that were flyin' all over the place with Jesse.

And I truly believe she was conflicted, because she must have felt Jason would be the safe, smart, secure choice, and she wanted to fall in love with him, but the feelings were already there with Jesse.

"RE: I'm the only one that seems to be happy"
Posted by DrKegel on 07-09-08 at 05:29 PM

Yes, each and every week I was surprised to see him there. Towards the end I could see how much she liked him and that they were really bonding with each other, but I thought with my head that she'd pick Jason and with my heart she'd pick Jesse.

I did indeed feel sorry for Jason. He truly was in love with her and thought it was a done deal. I actually think if Jesse was not there that she would have fallen for Jason.

But that's fate for ya!!!

I haven't cried so much since oh, what movie was it, oh, Seabiscuit actually! At the end they showed the trees, and Seabiscuit used to love to lay down under the trees ...

*sniff sniff*
*blubber blubber*

I better stop. I feel the waterworks starting again!

Posted by SilverStar on 07-08-08 at 09:33 AM
For almost all of this season, I've hated DeAnna. She is a selfish, demanding beyotch. I thought it was hilarious the way she threw herself at Graham and the way he pushed her away. I didn't care who she chose last night... or so I thought. When she and Jesse were reunited on the After the Final Rose show, I found myself grinning like a fool and being totally caught up in the two of them. They just seemed so happy and it was contagious. I don't know why, but I actually think these two might work. Usually, I don't plan on the couples lasting more than a few months with this show, but something about them seems different. You may all feel free to come back here and point and laugh at me when/if they break up by the end of the year.

Surfkitten summer sigs!

Posted by DrKegel on 07-09-08 at 07:53 AM

Great! Good to hear at least two others happy about this.

And I admire the prediction. It's always hard to stick one's neck out, but think you have something to base the prediction upon at least. I mean, they did set the date immediately.

Hope they're both very, very happy.

Can't have too much happiness in the world.

Oh, what the heck! You can extend that wish to all of you as well ... even if you don't agree with me!!!!!

You see, their happiness is contagious.

"The editing"
Posted by Loree on 07-08-08 at 09:58 AM
Why did the show want to make it look like Jeremy flew back down to the Bahamas to confront DeAnna days after he was rejected? It was obvious by the clothes that it was the same night he did not get a rose.

And I was distracted by the pink flowers moving around and reappearing for the Final Rose ceremony. How many times did they re-tape the scenes and why? Did Jesse trip and fall when running to DeAnna. It was mentioned that Jesse ran up to her but we did not see that. How many times did DeAnna let Jason get down on his knee? Did someone drop a ring?