URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID62
Thread Number: 1661
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Would Trump ever hire someone without ANY experience?"

Posted by DonnaLynn on 05-20-05 at 11:11 AM
Does anyone remember the "teaser promo" for the very first Apprentice? I remember that it was Donald in either a helecopter or limo talking about his upcoming show and that it didn't matter whether you were a high school graduate or had a college degree, but that he wanted anyone who wants to work for him to apply. I could be wrong, but I even think he hinted at applying even if you are unemployed.

If anyone remembers the exact wordage I would love to know exactly what he said there.

That being said, in the 3 seasons of this show I think we can all agree that The Donald stresses how important it is to have a college degree and how successful you are in "real life." Some people have been fired because he doesn't think they have enough experience for this job. I thought that he didn't care whether or not you had experience?

What happened to "anyone" can apply for this job??? Not that I would ever want to be on a reality show, but I remember thinking after watching that promo "boy, I could apply for this show." Even though I have NO business experience and no college degree. My main job for the past 12 years has been working as a DJ in radio which is not even in the same boat as working for the Trump organization. But he made it seem that he would entertain anyone for this show and a job for him...

Anyway, anyone else have any thoughts about this? Would love to hear your opinions on this one...

--Donna :~)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Would Trump ever hire someone without ANY experience?"
Posted by Tahj on 05-20-05 at 11:18 AM
I'm pretty sure he's hired his children without any experience.

Moves courtesy of Syren

Posted by lindan on 05-20-05 at 11:38 AM
And Malaria too????? Didn't she have a modelling background? Now, she has a big desk in one of Trump's office.

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 05-20-05 at 11:46 AM
Malaria... I haven't heard that take on it! tee hee!

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 05-20-05 at 11:48 AM
You beat me to the punch! I bet Trump thinks that liveing their lives though is enough to polish them .... some people think that is what collage does.... (and I wasted time on statistics and mythology... when I should have been in the tumble bin..)

Posted by skbnwinters on 04-06-06 at 04:33 PM
I think that is a steaming pile!

Look at the people who have won, look at the people who have applied and look at the people he digs.

He is a true, blue-blood. Don't let him fool you.

You might have a chance if you came from nothing, made it, look, smell, act, sound, and morphed into a true, blue-blood (and you damnably-well had better know which utensil to use at a fully-loaded dining table).

It might also help to forget where you came from until you needed a dash of humility. But then again, Donald Trump might not notice HUMILITY since I don't think he has had so much as a whiff of it in his entire LIFE! (Don't get me wrong- I like the guy. I just don't expect to spend MY eternity in heaven with him unless he hires one hell of a tutor on PASSING THROUGH THE EYE-OF-A-NEEDLE 101)

Posted by kidflash212 on 04-13-06 at 00:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-06 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

"He is a true, blue-blood.
Don't let him fool you.
It might also help to forget
where you came from until
you needed a dash of
humility. But then again,
Donald Trump might not notice
HUMILITY since I don't think
he has had so much
as a whiff of it
in his entire LIFE!
(Don't get me wrong- I
like the guy. I
just don't expect to spend
MY eternity in heaven with
him unless he hires one
hell of a tutor on
PASSING THROUGH THE EYE-OF-A-NEEDLE 101)"

- LOL.

Doesn't it always seem as if DT wants people to believe he showed up in New York one day with three cents in his pocket and created an empire? I was shocked when he actually mentioned his father the other night. His father gave him his start in real estate and already had lots of money. Trump is no self made man.

Posted by kidflash212 on 04-11-06 at 01:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-06 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

I remember exactly the same thing - I recall when they were casting for season one there was an ad where Trump said the show was open to everyone from executive types to the man on the street for a chance to become his Apprentice. I don't remember the exact wording either but I do know the implication was an everyday Joe working for hourly wages would get the same opportunity as a Harvard grad. Of course this never happened - the closest they ever got was Troy from the first season who Trump decided to fire over Kwame for not having a college degree. It always bugged me. I think the show would be much more interesting if they had actually used that idea. Survivor, The Amazing Race and others give us a better cross section of contestants. And I find both shows more interesting - this show could use someone other than an already successful Type A corporate type (and not just the clown Danny type but smart people who for whatever reasons never had the opportunity to succeed).

What I once suggested on this board is that the show get more varied backgrounds and not let Trump know anything about the backgrounds or education of the candidates. Too often he shows favoritism to Harvard and Wharton grads. I'd love to see him have to make his decisions solely on the candidates performance on the tasks. Of course, with Trump's ego it will never happen - he wouldn't take the chance of looking stupid when he fires the Wharton grad over the guy whose previous job was vending beer at Yankee Stadium.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-13-06 at 08:59 AM
Personally I think it would be bad to go this route. The MORE qualified the better. There are too many people on this show that although they appear to have the right backgroudn there is no check into whether these people possess common sense. In other words MB should get people that possess all the right qualities and don't cast for ratings. By hiring people with no experience you would be going stronger for the ratings.

I too am under the believe that college does polish people. I work in the business world I have had people with no college education working for me.....and they just are not disciplined enough. I am sure there are otehr cases, but just like everything in life you are dealing with percentages.

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-21-16 at 04:55 PM
He wants the American public to hire someone without any experience.

Tribe!

Posted by Agman2 on 02-18-16 at 03:00 PM
HE must have also hired a hair consultant with no experience!

Posted by kidflash212 on 03-14-16 at 01:06 PM
and a spray tanner...