URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1661
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"My Fair Brady and Fine Fiance..."

Posted by billings76 on 05-25-06 at 07:01 PM
In my obsessive compulsive search for all things Brady, I came across a sneak peek of the premiere of My Fair Brady's Season 2. http://www.vh1.com/vspot/player.jhtml?id=1532411

Chris is a lucky man...I just can't believe he's dating my ex!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: My Fair Brady and Fine Fiance..."
Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-25-06 at 09:09 PM
Oh god I can't wait for that show to start again. Nothing was more staged than last year's cry fest of a marriage purposal! I don't care though. They are a car wreck but damn entertaining!

Posted by NewFan on 07-24-06 at 10:51 AM
The only thing more staged than the cryfest of their engagement is now the cryfest of their wedding. A few tears while saying your vows is sweet, but I have never seen someone cry like that at their wedding. What a basket case!

Posted by Hoobie on 05-30-06 at 04:58 PM
I watched the premiere. It was good, but I wish Adrianne's mom was as psycho as she was last season. The made for good TV.

It seemed a bit contrived (how's that for an understatement of the genre??), especially when Adrianne learned of her dad's engagement. She seemed to "fake" being mad. She knew ahead of time.

Posted by ginger on 05-31-06 at 01:47 PM
I find it hard not to watch Chris and A. They represent my worlds colliding (cheezy reality shows of the present day and the archtypal Brady Bunch of my early childhood). A has a great deadpan sense of humor that makes up for her -- completely normal, given her age -- immaturity. In fact, I get sick of Chris harping on how young and naive she is and how patient he has to be - the guy is getting a hot deal, and he should realize it. Besides, sap that I am, they seem to actually be in luuuuuuuuuuuurve.

The scenes looked promising. I have no life - I'm sure I'll watch theirs.

Posted by ARnutz on 06-01-06 at 11:30 AM

Spoiler Alert!

No more "chilly toes"!

They actually made it to the alter! So, I guess the season will have a happy ending too.

Posted by butterfly34 on 06-04-06 at 09:02 PM
>**************
>
>Spoiler Alert!
>
>**************
>
>No more "chilly toes"!
>
>They actually made it to the >alter!> So, I guess the
>season will have a happy
>ending too.

I heard the news. It does seem like they love each other but is love enough. When the camera goes off and no more Vh1 shows what then. I know I'm wrong for saying this but I don't think it will last. He don't want kids she does now that would be a deal breaker for me.

Posted by rjrabbit on 06-24-06 at 00:27 AM
I agree Ginger. I also find it hard not to watch. I also watched the Brady Bunch as a kid. I love A and I hope they can work things out and stay together.

*smooch*

Posted by eire_heart74 on 06-01-06 at 04:58 PM
I look forward to the next few shows. It seems Chris wants to get his tubes tied because he doesn't seem to trust his future wife with birth control as she wants to have children. She looked rather mental when he told her he was going to do it.

Why can't I pull away from that show?>??

Posted by nazpink on 06-04-06 at 09:06 AM
I would be ticked if my fiance wanted to get his tubes tied knowing I would want children in the future. But then again I wouldn't be with someone who didn't want the important things in life that I wanted and considering the guy has no kids (or does he?) should tell her something.

Posted by ginger on 06-05-06 at 12:35 PM
What blew my mind was that Chris apparently looked on ligation as an alternative form of birth control, assuming reversal was a snap if he wanted to have kids eventually. Even the doctor seemed a bit nonplussed.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 06-05-06 at 01:59 PM
I think I would of been running for the door if this had ever come up during my egagement. THis for any other woman would be the bells and wistles going off that this is not the guy to marry.

Not to mention if a guy thinks he has to get clipped because he can't trust his future wife, that should be a big alarm too! What's with these two!

Posted by bystander on 06-05-06 at 02:32 PM
I'm beginning to think this is just a TV show, created for the sole purpose of furthering two has-beens careers.

I just get that feeling.

Posted by nazpink on 06-06-06 at 08:52 AM
One could only hope Bystander. I guess idotic press is still good press? If this isn't all put on then Chris is really coming off as an idiotic jerk off of a guy. I hate how he acts like Adrienne knows nothing.....looks like she proved him wrong. But then again how is he supposed to take her seriously when she's so desperate to marry him?!!!! Any more talks about maturity from Chris and I am going to personally track him down and give him a very deserved lecture on how immature he is. But hey everything can't be his fault, nothing is ever because he is difficult after all he's only been married three times.....I can see why. If the previews during the first airing of the show are correct Adrienne should have listened to Chyna and not made the mistake of marrying this guy.

Posted by bystander on 06-06-06 at 09:09 AM
On the other hand, I get really creeped out at how clingy and needy Adrianne is. I don't know if they ever really got married or not but if they did/do, I give it 6 months before she drives him away.

Chris was a moron though thinking a Vasectomy was a good idea for temporary birth control.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 06-17-06 at 03:37 PM
I just watched the show where he explained how his brother and sister don't want him to marry her because of having seen her in Playboy or some sort of lame excuse. His father seems to like her or at least open to the idea of her. Chris seems extremely angry at his dad though. Major tension there.

I don't blame her for being upset when he said he wouldn't introduce her to his sister. It was very disrespectful but again this should be a big alarm to her to walk away. Unless this is so staged. (which let's face it most of it is!)

Posted by CouchTater on 06-18-06 at 04:51 PM
I think that Adrienne went too far on that point. She kept going on and on about how his sister was basically being too judgmental and this is 2006 and blah, blah, but what she was accusing Chris's sister of doing, she was doing as well. She was totally judging Chris's sister's point of view. What if Chris’s sister is a Christian? Chris already knows how his sister feels and he wants to keep some kind of relationship open with her. He's only going to make things worse by pushing his sister into meeting Adrienne.

I don't see what the big deal is. If his sister wants to cut him off because he's going to marry someone who posed for Playboy, well then that's the way it is. If Adrianne doesn't like it then she can call off the wedding if that's so important. She should be happy that Chris is willing to jeopardize his familial relationships to be with her.

And I think it's pretty pathetic that I just spent all that time even thinking about this show.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 06-24-06 at 04:01 PM

>And I think it's pretty pathetic
>that I just spent all
>that time even thinking about
>this show.

I think the same way at times but as my life has a little to much serious drama in it at the moment, I like the distraction this provides.

Posted by shantheWOman on 07-23-06 at 10:51 PM
I wonder who Chris' 4th wife will be.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 07-24-06 at 08:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-06 AT 01:26 PM (EST)

>I wonder who Chris' 4th wife
>will be.

Good point! Wonder if they'll cover the divorce proceedings as a show too. My Unfair Brady perhaps?

The amount of drinking that seems to go on each show is almost to much. I'm no prude. I have a nice wine collection that my husband and I enjoy. But it's like these two are always getting hammered. And so are their parents.

Chris treats her like a pet or a small child. She takes it and I think she's a fool.

Posted by iloverob on 07-24-06 at 04:57 PM
Just watched the wedding episode and was amazed that Chris actually made Adrianne look mature!! It is amazing that he could be so immature at his age. He'd probably blame it on being a child actor though.

I wish she had more self-respect. The 1st time he threatened to call off the wedding, he would have had to track me down in Japan or somewhere,and lit up the skies with apologies for a week before I would sit down with him to determine if he was truly sincere. But there is no way I'd let him get away with it more than once, let alone 50 times! If you threaten to call of the marriage more than once, then you shouldn't get married, period!

You'd think the two would watch these episodes and realize that alcohol should be avoided at all costs.

And what happened to the pre-nup where she was suppose to quit smoking. She did for a while, but she lit up quite a bit last night.

Posted by weltek on 07-25-06 at 10:25 AM
I can't believe I thought Adrienne had a lot more composure than I would've in a similar situation. Chris's dad was being an ##### (as was Chris) at dinner. I think she was in too much shock to fight back. I would've had some choice quips for Mr. Knight and told Chris to quit being such a drunken drama queen.

Posted by Padme on 07-27-06 at 09:22 AM
I've got to agree. Chris' dad was totally out of line and Chris himself was acting like a jerk.

I wish them the best of luck but I think all Adrienne wanted was a wedding and now that she has had it, she will get bored rather quickly. A marriage based on sex alone will not work. There is no respect between these two, no real love (only lust) and total immaturaty on both parts.

I really hope that VH1 doesn't give us any more "My fair Brady's" because I really don't want to see Adrienne ever again but if it's on, it's like the TV calls me to it and I cannot look away...

Posted by MollyTV on 07-28-06 at 09:43 AM
i agree....

plus i can see VH1 getting a "we're having a brady baby" out of them before the divorce season.

its sad to think how much adrienne wanted to be married and how much chris didn't want to be married...and we all know whats coming down the pike.

oh and where were "marcia, marcia, marcia" and jan? are these the two brady's with conditional love? lol...we didn't even get to meet the real family...poor chris.
mollytv