URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 166
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"VH1 Ep 9/11"

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-11-05 at 08:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-05 AT 08:17 PM (EST)

I had flipped the channel, so I missed seeing what songs they gave Susie for the perfomance show. Did anyone else catch it?

JD - Pretty Vegas & Money
Marty - Trees & Creep
Mig - Paint It Black & Kiss From a Rose
Susie - ??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: VH1 Ep 9/11"
Posted by Tamena on 09-11-05 at 09:22 PM
they never listed her songs =(
we even TiVo'd it back and forth a few times trying to see where we missed them...there was nothing there =/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-11-05 at 09:22 PM
No, they didn't show it and I watched the whole thing. They did it on purpose.

What did you think?

It was edited to show Suzie as the weakest link - unsure of herself and too nervous. Of course, they discussed everyone's strengths and weaknesses but they SHOWED only hers.

I liked the frank discussion they showed INXS having about the singers. Too bad it was so hard to understand them over that LOUD MUSIC.

Anyway, their bottom line on the singers:

Suzie - "Best voice, hands down." Can she handle the stress?

JD - "Most riveting." How will he be to live with?

Marty - Most self-confident Will he fit with them musically?

MiG - "He has unique talents, too." They were surprised that he had actually been in bands before because he had so much stage performing experience. "He LOOKS like a rockstar, but IS he a rockstar?

Posted by riverrocker on 09-11-05 at 09:28 PM
Not a word about Suzie's songs. Hmm. Looks 'interesting'--something to keep us guessing? Or did they give her one of 'their' songs, and she wasn't to tell? I thought it very odd.

As an aside: I was very impressed with Marty's comments to them about the direction of the band. They'd be wise to give his suggestions serious thought!

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-11-05 at 10:04 PM
You mean that people don't buy albums anymore it's about singles?

I was curious about that. Just read an article about how buying online is altering music - the singles vs album debate. I still think musicians think of albums - a whole story, like "dark side of the moon." I noticed on MSN some things you can only buy as an album. Wonder if the new musicians coming up will keep thinking that way? There's always been singles you can buy - remember the old B sides?

Posted by LaLaLisa on 09-11-05 at 10:06 PM
Did anyone else think that Suzie seemed just a little too happy to see Jordis gone??? Or was that just editing?