URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID51
Thread Number: 166
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"ralphie may"

Posted by shaw86 on 08-10-04 at 11:38 PM
watching tough crowd and hes on they said he lost 170 pounds he looks so skinny

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: ralphie may"
Posted by missygirl3 on 08-10-04 at 11:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04 AT 11:47 PM (EST)

he didnt do crap to lose it either. He jumped on the gastric bypass boat. I saw it on one either Inside Edition or Extra a few months ago.He is so not funny.

Posted by shaw86 on 08-10-04 at 11:55 PM
He is so not funny.

he is ok his funniest thing was the case of goldbond while he was sweating in india and it was like an expolsion then the elephant thing "bullseye"

Posted by jwoodsga on 08-31-04 at 07:39 AM
>LAST EDITED ON 08-10-04
>AT 11:47 PM (EST)

>
>he didnt do crap to lose
>it either. He jumped on
>the gastric bypass boat. I
>saw it on one either
>Inside Edition or Extra a
>few months ago.He is so
>not funny.

Obviously, you know nothing about Ralphie and absolutely NOTHING about being morbidly obese.

Ralphie was over 800 # after being messed up bad in a car accident as a teenager. When you get that big, your metabolism changes, and it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to do anything to lose weight.

Ralphie had Gastric Bypass surgery years ago when it was just the old "stomach stapling". He got down to about 450 or so, then had his surgery revised to the current procedures.

I applaud Ralphie for not only taking control of his health, but to have the balls to do stand-up while weighing as much as he did/does.

I'm really sorry to hear about his Dad - Last night on LCS was really sad. I'm glad he and his Dad made up. It would've been rough for him if they hadn't.

Go Ralphie!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-10-04 at 11:54 PM
He had the bypass last November:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1938

Posted by Mistral on 08-11-04 at 02:28 AM
Well, frankly, I don't care if he's fat or if he's lost weight or how he did it. Doesn't affect his funny-ness.

A comedian is supposed to be funny. Period. I don't give a shi*t about anything else, just if he/she's funny.

Personally, I can't understand how Ralphie could have lost to Dat Pham. There was no comparison. If they are truly going to have a Season 1 vs. Season 2, then I'd like to see anyone from Season 2 beat Ralphie. Hell, Bonnie or Ant could beat Dat. Anyone on this board currently posting could probably beat Dat.

Posted by zazzy on 08-31-04 at 10:05 AM
Dat has some funny stuff. We just heard the same bits over and over--just too much. Dat needs more range and I hope we get it this time.

The crowd was cheering for Dat last night--there was a surge of applause when they intro'd him and it is not like he has had a lot of exposure since he won last year. I have seen more of Voss than Dat on TV over the past 12 months.

Ralphie was good last season but his last set versus Dat was a bit off. I thinko that's why he lost to Dat.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 08-31-04 at 10:12 AM
I agree Ralphie is way funny - but personally I think he lost because of the political jokes. When you do that in your last set, you really risk aleinating a large potential voting block.

Posted by mecated on 08-31-04 at 02:06 PM
You're right about the political part. He did the same thing in the Season 2 finale. My wife and I we're losing it, but her Mom didn't feel it was appropriate. So I can see how he might have alienated some of the voting audience.

Posted by tvennessee on 09-01-04 at 01:19 PM
I was mystified when I found out that Dat won season 1! I live in Memphis, TN and we had a lightning storm that knocked out over 400,000 homes' electricity. I didn't get to the see the last episode or vote. Very bummed! Ralphie May has a big following in Tennessee!