URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1656
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Yay! New Teams!!"

Posted by Starshine on 01-26-09 at 12:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-09 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

It must almost be time for TAR 14! Will this finally be the season that an all female team wins the race? (no)

Amanda and Kris

A dating couple who look surprisingly like models but claim not to be. Amanda and Kris both have a tendency to be stubborn when it comes to a disagreement oooh goody! Kris Klicka - who would do that to their son?

Kris, who was once almost attacked by a bear in Alaska... If even bears can't be bothered with him this doesn't bode well.

Top 5 team.

Brad and Victoria

Married older couple, she was told that she could never run again, and he has drug and alcohol addictions but has remained clean and sober for 25 years. I should bash, but I can't.

Regardless of whether they win or lose, they already feel a sense of accomplishment by just being chosen to compete in the show.

Out in the first couple of weeks then

Cara and Jamie

Former NFL Cheerleaders (Miami Dolphins) probably looking for a modelling career despite what it says on their bio Don't put it past these two to use their good looks to their advantage yeah 'cos that works.

Top 5 team unless they do try to use their looks.

Christie and Jodi

Flight Attendants, so they may well manage to get a good deal at the airports although they do work for Southwest who AFAIK are not global. Both admit to being extremely competitive and determined to win. Well that's OK then because everyone else on the race doesn't give a damn.

Mid Table

Jennifer and Preston

Dating, she looks modelish, him... not so much On several occasions they have broken up and made up. Hello Nathan and Jennifer

Mid table

LaKisha and Jennifer

Sisters They will run the Race with unstoppable speed and numerous arguments along the way. Something to look forward to there then. They are fit though, and possibly not as stupid as most teams.

My dark horses for a top 5 finish

Linda and Steve

Married couple His one setback is that he suffers from claustrophobia. doesn't bode well. with Linda's analytical mind and Steven's ability to problem solve they could do well. you know fitness helps as well?

Cannon fodder

Margie and Luke

Mother and son. Luke is deaf. (It is a shame in a way that there isn't a universal sign language, even though I understand a number of the reasons why not) There haven't been too many tasks where hearing was an issue so that shouldn't be a problem, no They enjoy hiking and traveling together and share a strong bond. is my problem - say hello Colby.

I don't see them lasting that long

Mark and Michael

Brothers and Stuntmen the photo of them is not good. Michael is looking forward to working on communication issues he and his brother have had with each other in the past. Because a pressurised race is the ideal place to do that.

Fit but thick I give them a midtable position.

Mel and Mike

Another gay clergyman? Where do they find them? Apparently Mike (the one without a sexuality or that's how he looks on the photo) starred in the film School of Rock. Mike and Mel are well-traveled, opinionated and huge fans of the Race. But Mel is 68, I quite like the older couples but you have to have a lot of teams make stupid mistakes to survive.

My but it is going to be a big race not to be last.

Tammy and Victor

Brother, Sister and Lawyers. both with Harvard Law degrees So no guarentee they can read then (waves at HEave). Victor is confident in his decision making and believes his sister should do what he says as he knows best. Huh? Hang on they recently traveled with friends to China and Victor mapped out the entire trip down to the minute. Yeah I would love to go on a holiday, let alone the race with him.

Unless Tammy kills Victor they are a top 5 team.

All itallically bits taken from http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/

Anyone else any thoughts before we have really met these people?

Something or Other

Ed Photos from http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/ as well.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Yay! New Teams!!"
Posted by LibraRising on 01-26-09 at 01:15 PM
Mel & Mike White both already are well-known.

Mel White used to work with Jerry Falwell--he even ghost-wrote some of his books--but later broke off (for obvious reasons) to form the gay-affirming Soulforce.

And I'm one of the few who saw the really quirky "Chuck & Buck," which Mike White both wrote and starred in. His sexuality, by the by, is bi.

Posted by MKitty on 01-27-09 at 04:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-09 AT 04:22 PM (EST)

Holy desperate attention whore, Mike...not enough fame for ya hanging with Jack Black? Sheesh...

Tribe manga'd my mug

Posted by Belle Book on 01-26-09 at 04:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-09 AT 06:40 PM (EST)

Already I like Cara and Jamie (I like redheaded women), Tammy and Victor and Margie & Luke. Man, there's an abundance of teams I like this year!

Edited to add: Oh, I forgot -- I'm supposed to bash the teams in this section! Well, I can't bash any yet -- but once the Race starts, I probably will.

Belle Book

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-27-09 at 08:29 AM
I am obligated to root for Cara and Jamie simply because they're former Dolphins cheerleaders...but with that kind of track record, either they'll be out first by a mile or they'll make F3 and get a Guido ending after a couple of horrible decisions.

Posted by Belle Book on 01-27-09 at 04:34 PM
I got this from Reality News Online:

*Cara is planning to go to law school, and even deferred in order to accompany Jaime on the race. Right now she works for a nonprofit that raises funds for people with mental disabilities.*

Well, this makes me want to root for Cara & Jamie even more than I normally might (since I want an all-female team to win and I always found red hair on women attractive). I don't think they'll be out first by a mile, but they might get that Guido ending.

As for teams I won't be rooting for, Amanda & Kris or Jennifer & Preston seem like bash-worthy teams to me, especially Jennifer & Preston. If they're anything like Nathan & Jennifer -- I'm definitely bashing them!

Belle Book

Posted by Max Headroom on 01-27-09 at 08:58 AM
All right, it's time for me to once again prove my skills at TAR prognostication!

*waits for laughter to die down*

Here's how I see these teams:

Contenders
Amanda/Kris - Young and physically fit, these two will be a strong team if they avoid dumb mistakes.
Jennifer/Preston - TAR has a long history of bickering couples who do well, going back to teams like Tara/Wil and Colin/Christie. I suspect these two will be this season's villains.
Mark/Michael - This is a dark horse pick, but I think these two could be around for a while. They don't have an alpha-male look, but if DAndrew can make the final 3, these two could also.
Tammy/Victor - Will either be spectacularly good or equally bad, but my bet is that they'll be around until the end.

Middle of the pack
Cara/Jamie - Look to be the best of the two-women teams, though they're unlikely to get past mid-race. History just doesn't favor all-female teams, Bowling Moms notwithstanding.
Christie/Jodi - Less physically fit but more experienced travelers, but that'll only get them halfway through the race.
Margie/Luke - It'll be interesting to watch a deaf contestant. And I think these two will be around for a while.

Biggest losers
Brad/Victoria - Older couples never do well on TAR, and I see nothing in these two to change that trend.
LaKisha/Jennifer - Just not feeling it from these two.
Linda/Steve - Also known as "Team First Out", the best these two can hope for is to be the second coming of bumbling David/Mary.
Mel/Mike - Will be fighting it out with Linda and Steve to finish next-to-last on the first leg. These two appear to have no game and are also older.

Posted by jbug on 01-27-09 at 10:15 AM
Biggest losers

wrong show Max

Posted by jbug on 01-27-09 at 10:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-27-09 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

OOPS! duplicate!

Posted by Belle Book on 01-27-09 at 04:44 PM
Here's my first efforts at predictions:

Contenders:

1. Cara & Jamie -- I think this team will be around for the long haul, at least Final Four. After all, we didn't think Dustin & Kandice would be around for awhile in Season 10, but look at them.
2. Jennifer & Preston -- I don't think I'll like this team, but I also think this team will be around for awhile. Hopefully, they'll be the last team Philiminated from the Race.
3. Mark & Michael -- outside chance to make the Final 3, and a candidate to make the Final Four.
4. Tammy & Victor -- they'll be around for the long haul. Final Three in my book.

Mid-packers:

5. Amanda & Kris -- I think this team will be the bickering team that doesn't do as well, but they're young and strong and should last till the Final Five, at least.
6. Christie & Jodi -- not really fit but definitely experienced travellers. Unfortunately, they're not being fit will hurt them.
7. LaKisha & Jennifer -- I think this team will do better than you think, Max Headroom. But they'll make the mid-race at best.

Bottom feeders:

8. Brad & Victoria -- an older team. Older teams have done well on The Amazing Race -- remember Meredith & Gretchen? -- but I doubt this team will do as well.
9. Linda & Steve -- cannnon fodder. Will be the first or second team out, my guess is they'll be first out.
10. Margie & Luke -- I've known some deaf people and I want to see this team do well because of Luke. Sadly, I'm not certain they will.
11. Mel & Mike -- they'll be out after Linda & Steve, most likely. Too bad.

Belle Book

Posted by kidflash212 on 01-27-09 at 12:53 PM
"Kris, who was once almost attacked
by a bear in Alaska...
"

Almost? I wonder what that actually means. Anyone who has ever been in the vicinity of a bear could say the same thing.

I was almost named the new Senator from New York - What? I fit all the qualifications.

Posted by MKitty on 01-27-09 at 04:19 PM
I already mentioned this on the fan board, but I can't wait to see the married couple "country hicks" do their thing. I also like the "fun sisters"...and hope they do well. We'll have to see what they are really like when we see them in action tho'...

Tribe manga'd my mug

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-07-09 at 05:43 PM
Are Mark & Michael the little people team I read about?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-10-09 at 12:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-09 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

They're both 4'9" ... would that be considered to be at the level of "little people"?

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-12-09 at 09:39 AM
Relative to my height of 6'2", I say it would qualify as little. Oddly I've been a Little person my whole life - It's my last name.

Posted by mindy23 on 02-16-09 at 08:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-09 AT 09:56 AM (EST)

I'm sorry, but I can't look at Mike without seeing "Chuck and Buck"-biggest movie mistake of my life, besides "Eyes Wide Shut", and he just gives me the CREEPS!! ICK! ALREADY!

But I have to say, his father was pretty ingenious scooting the cheese balls down, and being the first to think of doing so..They actually did make me laugh more than once. So, maybe he can redeem himself. I dunno...

The hicks from the sticks? She needs to be put in a brown paper bag with Sandy from Survivor, and we'll take bets on who comes out first....SORRY, again. I'm in ONE of THOSE moods.

Havetasay: One of the funniest, and best first TARS ever last night!!

Edited for typos