URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 165
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Simon's USA Today interview"

Posted by Bebo on 05-01-03 at 11:11 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2003-04-30-simon_x.htm

Highlights of the article:

- Simon hates having guest judges.
- Here's a quote from the executive producer about Simon: "The only time he's happy to be next to anyone is when he's leaning against a mirror."
- Simon wants Clay and Ruben as the final two (surprise).

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Simon's USA Today interview"
Posted by minitroll on 05-01-03 at 12:13 PM
I have to agree with Simon about the celebrity guest judges. I don't like them either. They rarely have anything constructive to say, and I get the impression that they haven't really been following the show, so they have no idea whether a contestant was performimg better or worse than they have been before. They just seem like a waste of time and space.

Posted by dajaki on 05-01-03 at 01:22 PM
I agree, especially about Neil Sedaka. I firmly believe that he wrote down all of his comments before Tuesday's show. The contestants could have hummed their songs on kazoos and gotten the same reaction from Neil.

Posted by jkokoj on 05-01-03 at 01:20 PM
I think the best guest was Gladys Knight. I just love her, a classy woman.

Posted by Connie E on 05-01-03 at 01:39 PM
I agree about the guest judges, also. But what I really enjoyed was hearing Billy Joel's comments on his songs, how they were written, etc. That kind of filler was fun (well, I'm the world's biggest Billy Joel fan, so it might have just been fun for me). Anyhoo, I wish they would change guest judge into guest artist, kind of like BJ was.