URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1645
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A Golf Ball??"

Posted by aggie1286 on 06-23-08 at 10:17 PM
Did anyone else find it extremely amusing/bizarre that the gift she chose to give to Jason's son was....a GOLFBALL?? what is he supposed to do with that, or did I miss something like Ty is really into golf? I kept waiting for him to throw it back at her or maybe think it was a jawbreaker and god forbid choke on it!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A Golf Ball??"
Posted by ebraxton30 on 06-24-08 at 00:50 AM
Giving a kid a golf ball is like giving a kid a baseball. He could hurt himself or somebody throwing that hard thing. Weird.

Posted by Runnr3003 on 06-24-08 at 01:42 AM
The ball probably had some type of logo on it from her home town or something, maybe it was a toy golf ball, or something she found as she was walking in the park, who knows. I think Jason is a good golfer, and I have read that he was an assistant Pro Golfer at one time in his life.

I thought the two of them were just adorable!! If she doesnt pick Jason as F1, I sure hope they make him the next Bachelor!!! Jason is so nice, sincere, and soooo hot! Ty is just the icing on the cake. God bless them both!

Posted by realitytvwatcher on 06-24-08 at 07:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-08 AT 07:40 AM (EST)

Yeah they could have explained that one a little better. You might be right about the logo thing. Maybe Jason brings him back a golf ball with logos on it whenever he goes traveling or something. Like how some people collect match books from their travels and if Jason is into golf then it would seem to make sense.

Now let's talk about Leap Frog? WTF? Who plays that? Is that a Seattle thing? Unless you're under 6 years old, you should not play Leap Frog. Especially when there is a camera crew around.

And one more thing since we're talking about Jason, what's the deal with him not seeing his son until DeAnna got there? How long was he there and not with his son? That did not make sense and only made the situation more odd. Let's hope he was actually the first of the hometown dates and that he was only in town for a few hours before he saw his son. Let's hope.

Posted by LostAddict on 06-24-08 at 07:53 AM
Leap Frog? I wondered about that one too. Maybe they drank too much and that's how they get "rowdy."

I was wondering too why Jason hadn't seen Ty yet. That goodbye was sad. Too much for TV for me. That was between Jason & Ty (& DeAnna).

Surfkitten summer sigshop

Posted by bullzeye on 06-25-08 at 09:54 AM
I was wondering too why Jason hadn't seen Ty yet.

That really caught me off guard as well. It was as if the producers ensured that he didn't see his son until DeAnna was present. Strange.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Posted by Femme on 06-24-08 at 11:54 AM
I agree that the golf ball was odd, but I rather liked Leap Frog. It was certainly something different, and it seemed like a really lighthearted, fun sort of thing to do, rather than sit at a table and put on for the camera crew.

Any family that allows their guest to feel so comfortable that they would play Leap Frog even with the cameras rolling is doing something right by their guest. Kudos to them.

Femme

Posted by Asrai on 06-24-08 at 03:12 PM
WTF? You're watching this too? I didn't know that....coolio! And? When did you think you could sneak into Webby's place and your big sis wouldn't see you?! *glares*

I think the leap frog was sorta odd, but also very sweet and uplifting. We laughed, but felt 'happy' instead of feeling that horrible sense of doom that so many of these families go through in order to seem 'normal' on these shows. Pfft...I say more leap frog, dammit!!

As far as the golf ball is concerned, I thought once upon a time, Jason told DeAnna that Ty likes balls. *giggle* You know, footballs, baseballs, basketballs, soccerballs, four square balls, perhaps even golfballs!!! I can't remember what episode it was, but I do remember hearing it somewhere.

@grabs Femme and twirls her around and around@

Look, it's the siggy you made me eons ago! *points up*

Posted by Runnr3003 on 06-24-08 at 01:47 PM
YES!! Leap Frog IS a Seattle thing... We Seattle people go out daily and play leap frog with one another. Especially our children. We do play leap frog in the morning, at night, and we even go out on our lunch hours to play leap frog.

We love our coffee. We love our children. We love leap frog.

(And not necessarily in that order...<wink>)

Posted by Asrai on 06-24-08 at 03:15 PM
*snort* Dang, Runnr, warn me next time! You's funny!

(wipes juice off of monitor)

"Baseball is religion without the mischief." -- Thomas Boswell

Posted by realitytvwatcher on 06-25-08 at 10:22 AM
>YES!! Leap Frog IS a
>Seattle thing... We Seattle people
>go out daily and play
>leap frog with one another.
>Especially our children. We do
>play leap frog in the
>morning, at night, and we
>even go out on our
>lunch hours to play leap
>frog.
>
>We love our coffee. We
>love our children. We
>love leap frog.
>
>(And not necessarily in that order...<wink>)

Thanks. Good to know. I think us East Coasters stay away from Family Leap Frog for the sole reason that we don't want any family members' balls grazing our backs. Well at least most of us. I can't speak for Virginia and Georgia.

Posted by tootscarlson on 06-25-08 at 11:33 AM
In Wisconsin we play leapfrog after dinner but before dessert. Did DeAnna do any of the leaping because here in WI we don't let newcomers leap.

Posted by Runnr3003 on 06-26-08 at 02:54 PM
ROFLMAO Toots and Realitytvwatcher!!!!

Posted by bullzeye on 06-25-08 at 12:00 PM
for the sole reason that we don't want any family members' balls grazing our backs.

Even the girls? Or do you not mind when the girls balls graze your back.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Posted by realitytvwatcher on 06-25-08 at 02:24 PM
>for the sole reason that we
>don't want any family members'
>balls grazing our backs.

>
>
>Even the girls? Or do
>you not mind when the
>girls balls graze your back.
>
>
>

Well, for the record, I was not gender specific. I said "family members".

Posted by bullzeye on 06-25-08 at 04:55 PM
*Snort!*

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Posted by Runnr3003 on 06-26-08 at 00:32 AM
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg.... LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by byoffer on 06-26-08 at 10:21 AM

My eyes! My eyes!!

Posted by qwertypie on 06-27-08 at 11:46 AM
You sure got some ugly females in Seattle. Just sayin'

No wonder Jason had to go on the Bachelorette for his shot at love.

Posted by Runnr3003 on 06-26-08 at 02:53 PM
This was outragiously funny, and brought tears to my eyes when I read this.. This has been by far, the FUNNIEST thread I have ever read in my life!!! Thank you everyone for contributing to this : )

Posted by fullofgrace2470 on 06-26-08 at 05:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-08 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

I was at *ahem* another site and was looking at their screencap thread. There was a very cute picture of Ty playing golf, with Jason standing in the background sort of resting on a golf club. Maybe Ty loves golf, or maybe Jason does?

ETA: Oh and this thread? Too flipping funny!!!! Good thing I had already swallowed my water when I saw the above picture. lmao!

Posted by qwertypie on 06-27-08 at 11:44 AM
There are other sites? Huh?