URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 1644
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Micro-mini prop to Colin..."

Posted by Estee on 08-13-04 at 10:03 AM
...for, after finding the scarab, showing it to Brandon & Nicole and Chip & Kim, telling them it was what they were looking for. Very kind, especially given that not a single person out of the fourteen (including Colin pre-find) had the vaguest idea what a scarab was. Compare that to Brandon's hiding it from Charla & Mirna's sight. Colin may be the most intense Racer, but he had no problem with giving aid when doing so couldn't hold him up.

Of course, if C&M had been at the Roadblock when Colin cleared it, he might have hidden it...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Micro-mini prop to Colin..."
Posted by Megacanuck on 08-13-04 at 11:48 AM
It was nice of them, wasn't it? I was a bit surprised. Still, it didn't help any of the other teams find it.

Posted by gatortod on 08-13-04 at 12:12 PM
NO way he show Myrna and Schmyrna the scarab!

Posted by foonermints on 08-13-04 at 01:52 PM
I've got a green "scarab garden troll" underneath my banana plant. May it bring eternal life! ...or at least: Bananas!Aside from the unbelieveabe fact that no one knew what a scarab was, it was very nice of him to show it to the other teams and say "hey guys, this is what you are looking for". Very smart to help out the other teams when it wouldn't affect their standing in the race.

Posted by dajaki on 08-13-04 at 04:47 PM
Okay, yeah. Micro-mini prop. I don't like Colin, but he did the right thing by showing the other teams available what they were looking for. Don't know why several of the other teams (C&K, B&N, M&C) were so secretive about it. Showing the others wouldn't speed up their searches, nor would it have slowed down their own trips to the Pit Stop.

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 08-14-04 at 04:50 PM
That was a smooth move!

I like how the teams pick when and where to help the other teams, like Chip helping the twins, people buying tickets for other teams, etc. Kinda shows the ever-changing dynamics between them!

Anyone else besides me only know what a SCARAB was from watching the "MUMMY" movies??

HAHA!

Posted by trigirl on 08-16-04 at 12:19 PM
I love Colin....I don't understnd why everyone bashes him. When they lost their 7 hour lead in Egypt he could have whined, but they mustered on. Oh...how I would have loved it if they had gotten on the 7:15 flight and avoided the bunching for the charter flight.

"Waiter, will you send over a kilo of caviar for my friends Colin and Christie"!

Posted by amazingracefreak on 08-18-04 at 11:02 PM
I thought he did it to be a tool.

"can you imagine...."
Posted by Macadamia on 08-16-04 at 03:51 PM
....if K & K had thought the dried poop was the scarab...

Within the same episode I can go from liking Colin to disliking him.