URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1642
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Pre-collision footage breakdown."

Posted by Estee on 11-09-09 at 05:11 PM
On first glance (the once-play of the preview footage, which I didn't capture/look at frame by frame), it looked as if the cause was a slip: skid out, slide forward, and the only thing that slows you down is the person in front of you. It didn't look intentional -- and I think the Globetrotters are too intelligent to risk the penalty from a deliberate flagrant foul.

Has anyone tried image-advance on the collision yet?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Pre-collision footage breakdown."
Posted by Max Headroom on 11-09-09 at 05:39 PM
Sorry, I don't have that option since TAR started 20 minutes late.

We tape another show at 9:00 so extending the recording time isn't an option.

But I'm curious to see someone else's analysis.

agman 2009

Posted by Snidget on 11-09-09 at 07:07 PM
I looked at it earlier in slo mo, (but not quite frame by frame I mentioned this on the ECST) looked like Globetrotter running right on the edge of the slightly raised wooden sidewalk thing. Looks like he slipped and why he was running on the edge was they were all running close together and he was trying to position for a pass, unfortunately that also made him close enough to topple into the person in front of him.

So at this point I am thinking unintentional, not a deliberate takedown, as going down that hard makes both of you take longer, it wasn't like a shove off the boardwalk so he could get by thing from the angle in the preview.

Posted by Karchita on 11-09-09 at 07:09 PM
Do you think anyone got injured?

Posted by Snidget on 11-09-09 at 08:02 PM
Didn't really see much other than them heading down, I would think at least a few bruises and scrapes, but couldn't see anything that would make me certain there was something serious.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-10-09 at 01:35 PM
Agree.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by mikek2156 on 11-16-09 at 10:58 AM
yeah, I definitely think it was unintentional. I think Big Easy was trying to pass him. And running as fast as you can, down a narrow wooden (and probably slippery) path, the two just collided and went down.

But I didn't like Big Easy's reaction to the event. Should change his name to Big Baby.

Posted by kingfish on 11-16-09 at 11:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-09 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

It looked to me like the Trotter tried to pass him twice, indicating to me that he was being blocked. And it did seem as if the second slip was unintentional except that the Trotter was trying to pass slower traffic.

Blocking will get you trampled in most sports. If slower traffic doesn't get out of the way, I see nothing wrong with a hip check maneuver to get past, even if it puts the other guy in the wall.

As to injuries, it seemed that the Trotter took the hardest falls, it looked like the inside of his leg may have caught the edge of the wooden planks as he fell.

And why couldn't the production crew have provided a wider path? Did they actually try and set up a situation where a collision was inevitable if a slower team was foot racing a faster team?

As to attitude, with a million bucks at stake attitude is a very minor concern. Save the huggies and complements for after crossing the finish line.