URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID42
Thread Number: 1638
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"bachelorette: june 16: summary & analysis: 2nd hour"

Posted by observer on 06-17-08 at 00:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-08 AT 01:23 AM (EST)

In this episode, DeAnna likes the fact that Jesse can keep up with her on a four-wheeler.

When DeAnna and Jeremy were in the pool, the camera was on them, then panned down and to the right. That should have been edited out.

They guys get along: they seem to have bonded. On the Bachelor, the women are shown as catty... hostile towards the each other.

The guys don't seem to be angry at Graham because of the connection that DeAnna has with him. When one of the guys talked about it, he seemed matter-of-fact, not jealous.

Also, at the end of the episode, I noticed that Jesse appeared to have a broken nose.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: bachelorette: june 16: summary & analysis: 2nd hour"
Posted by bullzeye on 06-17-08 at 08:41 AM
I actually enjoyed last night's episode. Well, the second hour anyway. I thought that the whole "motion sickness" thing with Twilly was hilarious, as was DeAnna's observation on the group date that Twilly was just "playing by himself" the entire time.

I was a bit suprised that Sean was sent home - DeAnna said that if she had a rose to give out on the individual date, he would have gotten one - so not really certain what happened after the fact, other than she found Jesse "hot" on the group date. BTW - Jesse's nose did look a little out of joint towards the end - maybe he broke it when he came off the ATV?

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

Posted by observer on 06-17-08 at 10:56 AM
DeAnna said that of all the guys on that episode, she finds Jesse the least attractive. I don't think they have ever kissed.

I was disappointed with the Palm Springs scenery.

So Jesse's a professional snow boarder. I wonder how much money they make and how long a snow boarding career lasts.

DeAnna should take into consideration which of the guys would be able to buy a house, car, pay bills...

Posted by LostAddict on 06-17-08 at 11:48 AM
So, Jesse & Jeremy are the wild, extreme guys (although I wouldn't have guessed that about Jeremy) while Jason & Graham are the old fuddy duddys (I also wouldn't have really guessed that about Graham).

I still think Graham has issues. Scratch that, we all KNOW Graham has issues.

Jeremy just creeps me out. I don't know what it is, but something is just not right with that boy. It's like he's the Stepford Husband or something. Too perfect. He's got to be hiding some quirks somewhere.

Jesse. I really liked him, until last night. Sure he's fun and all, but I got the feeling that he was being a showoff. Maybe even more for the guys. I'm starting to think he's in it to win it rather than in it for DeAnna.

Jason. Still my favorite. But, man, was he boring last night. He was like the old married guy in a room full of hot single 20 year olds. Surely he likes to have a LITTLE fun.

I'm surprised she didn't pick Sean, but after seeing his materialism I'm glad she didn't. He's either WAY too into himself or WAY to self-conscience. There's no room for anyone else in his life, he's to focused on "me." Well, and mom.

Twilly Twilly Twilly. Did he ever REALLY have a chance? You can't tell me the producers didn't know that he would get motion sick on that helicopter? They knew. And they laughed behind the scenes the whole time. Poor guy. I liked him. Not for DeAnna, but he was fun to have around. I liked his analysis on all the guys.

Posted by observer on 06-17-08 at 12:15 PM
Jeremy definitely is a Stepford guy... He's a lawyer and good-looking.

Was Twilley the one who said that DeAnna had a connection with Graham? She seems very attracted to him. But maybe the producers are showing the attraction to Graham to help fool the viewers... to cover up who DeAnna is really going to choose.

Posted by LostAddict on 06-17-08 at 12:43 PM
Twilly did say she had a connection to Graham. I think she has more of an infatuation with Graham. Which means, she'll probably choose him and they'll be history before the show ever even ends.

Posted by TheWanderer on 06-17-08 at 05:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-08 AT 05:31 PM (EST)

My two-cents:

The guys that are left have bonded somewhat; they don't act catty like the women usually do.

I agree that it is possible that underneath all the talk, that Jesse is in it to "win" versus winning DeAnna. While the remaining bachelors are competitive to different degrees, he competes for a living. I think he's there more for promotion and when you see the two of them together, I don't see any sparks. Also, last night, he had the perfect opportunity to kiss DeAnna, yet he blew it. I think if she could let 3 of them go, she would have let Jesse go as well.

Last night, my wife and I were trying to figure out DeAnna's future comments to one of the bachelors... she was crying and saying something to the effect of "I wanted a response from you, and if I asked you to marry me, you're saying you can't give me the same thing back" or something life that...
we were trying to figure out by the shirt the person was wearing and the cut of the hair by the collar who it was...
My wife first suggested Jeremy, however, he's ready to commit so we ruled him out. That leaves Jason and Graham. Jason we know would commit as well. We narrowed it down to Graham, especially given the comments played about what his mother said about him being unable to maintain a relationship past 4 weeks!
From a man's point of view, Graham has LOTS of issues. He's admitted to not having any long term relationships, etc.
In addition to which he appears to be very controlling.
Also, they didn't show as much of his personal life as they did the other bachelors. For a "professional" basketball player, he's kind of short. Maybe he's in the minor leagues, but given his point in life, shouldn't he be doing something that actually will be a career? My opinion is that DeAnna is infatuated by him (must be the "bad boy" style more than anything else), however it wouldn't last long and I think she knows it.
Jason or Jeremy would be the best fit for her, with Jeremy having a slight edge. She in realty (she's only been doing that for about 2 years now) and e's a real-estate attorney.. appears to work out of his home office a lot. Seems their career tracks would complement each other. I don't believe that he's a "Stepford" husband.. he's just reserved.
Also,when she looks at him and kisses him, you can almost see sparks fly. Given the preview of the comment his brother made "if you commit to Jeremy, you also are committing to us (the family)" I think she would actually like and appreciate that, as family is very important to her.
I also believe they have more in common than dead parents.

Posted by Runnr3003 on 06-17-08 at 05:50 PM
Ditto on all of it.. I wanted to add something, or ask, did anyone else notice that Deanna was not closing her eyes when she was smooching on Jason last night? I thought that was strange... Most gals close their eyes when they are in love and they kiss their beau. It gave me the sense that maybe she was not as into Jason like we think. But.. Maybe she was trying to see if he was closing his eyes or not. Curious.

Jason was right on last night, he totally sees the connection she has with Graham. I think she has a strong 'thing' for Graham, maybe just lust, but she has a definete thing for him. Whether he goes or not next week, on his own, or by her choice, I would hate to be F1 saying 'yes' to her proposal or whatever, when I knew that she and Graham had this 'something' they share. Their attraction, Deanna and Graham's, to one another is not a healthy one, and she should run.

jmo

Posted by SavannahPeach on 06-20-08 at 02:55 PM
>Ditto on all of it..
>I wanted to add something,
>or ask, did anyone else
>notice that Deanna was not
>closing her eyes when she
>was smooching on Jason last
>night? I thought that
>was strange... Most
>gals close their eyes when
>they are in love and
>they kiss their beau.
>It gave me the sense
>that maybe she was not
>as into Jason like we
>think. But.. Maybe she was
>trying to see if he
>was closing his eyes or
>not. Curious.
>

>jmo

I kinda thought the opposite... it's so intimate to kiss someone and look into their eyes. I kinda thought maybe she was into him MORE when I saw her do that. My boyfriend was one of the first guys to ever kiss me with his eyes open... I still love it!! ;)

With that being said... I think Jeremy IS a Stepford husband. He is so annoying. He reminds of those kids in class that just have to get everything right- the over achievers. I think he is just trying to be everything she wants right now and is not being real. He just seems fake to me.

Jason seems really genuine and sweet, but I just don't see her going for him.... a little too boring and settled down.

I think she sent Sean home instead of Jesse because she could see that Sean was really falling for her and she didn't want to hurt him.

Jesse is a wuss for not kissing her. I think she's just keeping him around to fill a spot.

Oh and Graham... he's kinda strange. They have obvious chemistry. But I don't think he's really into this whole thing. Kinda makes you wonder why he even came on there.

WOW! I didn't know I had so much to say about the Bachelorette!! haha!!!!

Oh one more... Deanna... DUH.... she is fairly annoying to me. I think she has gotten a big head through all this and kinda thinks she's God's gift to these men.

Posted by Loree on 06-22-08 at 08:38 PM
>
>Oh one more... Deanna... DUH.... she
>is fairly annoying to me.
> I think she has
>gotten a big head through
>all this and kinda thinks
>she's God's gift to these
>men.

Exactly! And it is always about breaking her heart. She uses that phrase over and over.

Posted by Loree on 06-17-08 at 07:36 PM
I often think DeAnna doesn't really know what or who she wants. She is obviously sexually attracted to Graham. It is embarressing the way she throws herself at him and he looks like he is almost breaking his neck to pull back from her. She is in deep lust with Graham. But she also really wants that perfect marriage and future. Deep down she knows Graham is not the one for that. But of course she wants to change him. She seems to think Jeremy should be the perfect husband. The way she phrased it lastnight was that she knew he was the kind of guy she wanted to fall in love with. She never said she was in love with him. Just that he was the type of guy she should want to fall for. I think she wants Graham to want her like Jeremy does. Graham is the challenge. Jeremy is the sure thing. But I don't think DeAnna has the lust feelings for Jeremy that she would like to. I think Jesse is the person she can have fun with. No pressure. But he also does not seem romantically interested in her. Jason is the one she seems to confide in the most and is probably her best choice. She definitely likes to kiss him (we have seen tongue) and he is settled and ready for marriage. Jason is like the combination of Graham and Jeremy. She is attracted to Jason like Graham and he wants to settle down like Jeremy.