URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1637
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The epitaph of Kelly & Christy."

Posted by Estee on 11-10-08 at 07:17 AM
If Phil had handed them a note telling them they were eliminated from the Race, they'd still be on the mat trying to figure out what to do next.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The epitaph of Kelly & Christy."
Posted by newsomewayne on 11-10-08 at 07:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-08 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

Geez, how did they make it that far being that completely stupid? Are we sure it was they who left their husbands? I mean, I don't care how good the sex was or how flat the sheets were ironed, you can only put up with stupid for so long.

Fear the reaper.

Do people really iron sheets?

Posted by Estee on 11-10-08 at 08:10 AM
At this point, I've definitely got them down for ironing the sheets. On the bed. With their husbands under them.

And for the answer to how they made it that far being that stupid, consult the rest of the cast list.

Posted by mindy23 on 11-10-08 at 08:20 AM
I have two things to say: bet they were kissing a frat boy right about now, and YOOO HOO, the wicked blonde ones are GONNNNNNNEEEEEEE!!!!

Posted by samboohoo on 11-10-08 at 08:45 AM
I totally think they ironed the sheets.

Glow Pop made me skeeeeery.

Posted by jbug on 11-10-08 at 09:35 AM
Makes you wonder about that bra thrown off the railing incident, huh.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Posted by byoffer on 11-10-08 at 10:01 AM
If my DW was that stupid I could (and would) totally talk her into ironing the sheets.

Or do you suppose that "ironing the sheets" is code?

I am glad for Kelly and Christy that they both feel like they enjoyed their experience on the race so much. Good for them. But imagine how much their ex-husbands must have enjoyed watching? Even just seeing the Road Block last night would make that next support payment not so painful.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-10-08 at 11:17 AM
*snort*

I said the same thing last night about how much their ex-husbands are enjoying this.

Tis the season.

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-10-08 at 08:26 AM
Dumb as they were, at least Kelly & Christy didn't play the "we'll flirt our way though the race" game. As Harry Caray used to say, "Aww, that play never works."

It's deja vu all over again.

Posted by KeithFan on 11-10-08 at 08:54 AM
Too bad they didn't have husbands. They could have followed the wiring scheme much quicker. Tim Taylor even.

"Makes me wonder"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-10-08 at 09:55 AM
if they ever found their way back home

Save Pushing Daisies!

"RE: Makes me wonder"
Posted by Goofman on 11-10-08 at 05:10 PM
i sure hope they were not given a clue to where the eliminated teams hung out at

"They didn't go there"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-11-08 at 11:16 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-08 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

maybe the producers knew they'd never be able to find it

Posted by Seana on 11-10-08 at 05:22 PM
However...isn't it about now that the decoy teams start racing? The Cho brothers were decoys - they were eliminated 6th or so. The Guidos were decoys in TAR Stars.

I wonder if they're a decoy team. It may not have been over for them at this point. Only, as a decoy, they had no chance of winning no matter how frustrated they got. Poor Kelly and Christy.

Phil's sig courtesy of agman

Posted by MaryKat on 11-11-08 at 09:02 AM
They are a decoy team. They didn't go to Elemennation Station, but called in to let the other eleminated teams know they were next.

Posted by finallytyping on 11-15-08 at 01:11 PM
What is a "decoy team?"

I fear my gullibility is showing...

Posted by vince3 on 11-15-08 at 01:29 PM
"Decoy Teams" are teams that don't get to go on vacation after they're eliminated in the Race. They continue to run like they're still in the Race, so that people that spot them may report them as one of the final teams and keep the real Final 3 teams hidden, possibly in a different area.........

Posted by finallytyping on 11-16-08 at 09:08 PM
Oh, I get it, thank you!

But, doesn't that screw with production if they have to wait around for them,
or does the camera person help them read their clues so they don't hold
everyone up?

Posted by vince3 on 11-18-08 at 01:30 PM
That part, I'm not so sure of...... I don't know if they still have a camera crew follow them or not after they become a decoy team.

Posted by jbug on 11-18-08 at 04:53 PM
I would think they'd have to.
In order to "fool" anyone seeing them into thinking they were still in the race, the camera crew would be necessary. Wouldn't it?
If they were seen without the camera crew? Wouldn't that seem strange?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-15-08 at 04:44 PM
Y'know, when I wrote the TARX team that was effectively Kelly and Christy's doppelgangers, I thought, "No one can be that stupid. No one can misread the rules as badly as they did." Well, apparently Racers have a lot more trouble with reading comprehension than I thought.

I read their interview, though, and they chalked it all up to stress of the game.

Really, the only reason their interview was coherent is because they were probably instructed verbally instead of in writing.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-18-08 at 06:11 PM
DUUUUUDE -- you should really see about getting compensation from CBS. They seem to be stealing borrowing your ideas.

Posted by MissMyth on 11-18-08 at 12:45 PM
As much as I hate to lose my character, it was waaaaay past time for these two to go. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who could NOT learn from past mistakes. Even while they are saying to each other "we need to read the clues carefully", they are dashing around with their heads up their butts.

And refusing to work with Dandrew when they knew Ken and Tina were behind them??? Ridiculous!

>