URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1633
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Celebrity Cooking Showdown Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."

Posted by Estee on 04-17-06 at 07:50 AM
Because if the West Coast ever needed to be protected from anything, it's a bunch of Q-list celebrities cooking. Badly.

Who will make the Final Three? Why does NBC think airing this thing over five straight nights is a good idea? How much will the ratings drop? Will anyone be burned to death? Can this possibly avoid an empty set thread? Does anyone care?

Y'know, normally having a knife in the logo would be so promising...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Who's In This Thing, Anyway?"
Posted by Estee on 04-17-06 at 08:32 AM
Well...

Contestants (three per night, order unknown. Winner from each of the first three nights advances to Thursday for the two-part finale):

Tom Arnold (actor, comedian)
Cindy Margolis (download)
Patti LaBelle (singer)
Big Kenny (county music performer)
Tony Gonzales (football player)
Alison Sweeney (soap opera actress)
Gabrielle Reece (model)
Ashley Parker Angel (MTV personality)
Chelsea Cooley (Miss USA)

Host: Alan Thicke (now there's a surefire sign of quality)

Chefs:

Wolfgang Puck
Cat Gora
Govind Armstrong

Judges:

Colin Cowie
Gael Greene

"RE: Celebrity Cooking Showdown Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Posted by volsfan on 04-17-06 at 09:03 PM
How did I know I would find you here?

Actually, I don't like the way it is going to play out and how the fvck are we suppose to vote on a cooking show?

"Am I Crazy?"
Posted by Survivorerist on 04-17-06 at 09:24 PM
Because I love this show! It started as an instance of being too lazy to get up and change the channel, but it turns out that this show is awesome! Love Alan's colour commentary (as cheesy as it is), love watching the B-list celebs and their silly showmanship, love how the atmosphere is like a supercharged Iron Chef with the audience so full of energy. This show is a hit!

On a side note, I think I have a huge crush on Cat (the girl chef). She's gorgeous and has a really hot accent. Govind is also super cool and hip too (not that I don't like Wolfgang too though)

Celebrity Cooking Showdown rocks!

-----------

~Erist

"RE: Am I Crazy?"
Posted by volsfan on 04-17-06 at 09:38 PM
I thought it was interesting to watch but I am still a little bit confused on exactly how the public is going to vote a winner. It is a cooking competition.

Kat Cora was born and lived much of her life in Mississippi. I really liked her on the Kitchen Accomplished show in The Food Network.

Posted by Survivorerist on 04-17-06 at 09:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-06 AT 10:41 PM (EST)

>>>I am still a little bit confused on exactly how the public is going to vote a winner<<<

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. Maybe the audience will vote for presentation and the judges will score on flavour. A half and half thing like on Dancing With the Stars.

Still, this show was awesome.

edited to add: Ohhhhhh...Kitchen Accomplished! I get it now.

-----------

~Erist

Posted by AZ_Leo on 04-21-06 at 03:51 PM
She is also the only female Iron Chef and, prior to Kitchen Accomplished, was one of the chefs on the Food Networks dating show (the name of which currently escapes me).

And how pathetic is it (of either me or this show) that I know more about the chefs then I do about any of the "celebrities", all but 2 of whom I haven't even heard of.

FYI--anyone else ever watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel Channel? He's about the most cynical, snarky host I've ever seen. He specializes in drinking, smoking, and bashing his way through various food experiences you'll never see on any other food show.

Posted by vince3 on 04-21-06 at 04:00 PM
Which is also what he did on Food Network's Cook's Tour which still airs once a week at 4:00am. I think it's on Wednesday night (into Thursday morning) but I'm not sure.

"!...2...3.. 3... 3..."
Posted by Bebo on 04-20-06 at 10:39 PM
Wow. NBC wouldn't even let it finish out the week.

"RE: !...2...3.. 3... 3..."
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 04-21-06 at 01:01 AM
Apparently even something as minor as East Coast spoiler thread created by Estee can prove fatal!

Posted by tac_2 on 04-21-06 at 02:12 PM
I'm a sucker for just about any kind of cooking show but this one I couldn't watch past five minutes, if that. The screaming audience and Alan Thicke were a complete turnoff - literally.

Posted by Sidecar on 04-24-06 at 02:32 PM
>I'm a sucker for just about
>any kind of cooking show
>but this one I couldn't
>watch past five minutes, if
>that. The screaming audience
>and Alan Thicke were a
>complete turnoff - literally.
>

I agree with you 110%! I dont understand the reasoning behind the screaming audience! It was totally unnerving. Not a bad concept, but VERY POORLY executed. You would think that there are a lot better hosts and celebrites they could have dug up as well.

Posted by Hoobie on 04-22-06 at 04:06 AM
I'm not altogether shocked that it got pulled - I FFwd until the end just to see the comments and results. It actually panned over to the judges to show them writing in their tablets. BORING!!

Still, the ratings must have been abysmal to not show the end.

Did anyone go to nbc.com to see how it finished, as the advisory suggested?