URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 163
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What Was That Song From Episode #9 Challenge"

Posted by J Pok on 04-25-05 at 11:08 PM
It was the April 24, 2005 show that ended with the fight between Sergio and Ishe. They played a rap song during the medicine ball challenge that Jesse won. I've been searching for that song since, but with no title and very few words of the lyrics, to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jon

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What Was That Song From Episode #9 Challenge"
Posted by mike13 on 04-28-05 at 02:18 AM
The song was from a hip artist name Hush.. You can go to his website and checkout his upcoming new album. Hes supposed to be the next big thing in Hip Hop. www.mchush.com

Posted by J Pok on 04-30-05 at 09:06 PM
Thanks. I bought a couple of his songs at itunes (the two that his site said were featured) and neither one sounded like the song that was played (although my memory may be distorting it). Oh well, wish it were an episode that I had recorded.

Thanks again. I do enjoy Hush's music regardless.

-Jon

Posted by pinkribbonmom on 04-30-05 at 10:57 PM
Hey! I like the music from The Contender too. I had read somewhere that the song by Hush is called "Fired Up." They do have that song on itunes. I just listened to it and I know they've played it on The Contender before. (Not completely sure if it's the episode you were talking about, but it has been on there). Good song! Hope that helps!

Fired Up by Hush

Posted by J Pok on 04-30-05 at 11:19 PM
Actually "Fired Up" is available on itunes (I just checked again to make sure it's still there). It was one of the two that I bought a couple days ago. The other was "Put 'Em Down". Both extremely good songs. He has two more solo songs (one from XXX-2 soundtrack) and five featuring other artists. I haven't checked out the others because someone at Hush's official board said that "Fired Up" and "Put 'Em Down" were the only two available on itunes from the Contender.

Thanks for your input,
-Jon

Posted by pinkribbonmom on 04-30-05 at 11:54 PM
Oh cool!! I didn't know that "Put 'Em Down" was one of the songs too! I'll have to both of those off itunes. (I had seen both on there...just didn't realize that he had 2 from the show on there.) Maybe they'll put out a Contender soundtrack sometime. I wish they'd sell shirts with the logo too!

Have a good night!

Posted by presious on 05-01-05 at 08:47 PM
i am looking for the song everywhere as well i cant wait till someone knows what it is!

Posted by Catlow on 01-04-06 at 08:26 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-04-06 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

i think it was Mc Hush "all I got"

Posted by Hush on 03-09-06 at 09:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-06 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

Hello everyone A good friend of mine you might know by the name of Tarick Salmaci from the 1st season sent me to this post and I want to shed some light on the subject!

The music in the season consists of 6 songs altogether.

* "Fired Up"
* "Put 'Em Down"
* "The March"- also used in XXX2-State of the Union
(available on iTunes or other paid downloading sites)

* "All I Got"
(available on my site mchush.com)

* "Adrenaline"- not available

Any questions, please log onto my forum at mchush.com and I'd kindly answer any questions you guys have.

Thanks for appreciatiing my music and look for more in the next season on the Contender, and look for more of my music in the next Sly epic Rocky 6.

Peace...

Hush
mchush.com