URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 163
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Vincent - My Mom's Theory"

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-15-05 at 10:31 AM
Sorry if this has been floated around before. I did a looksee.

My mom's theory, and I think it s a pretty good one, is that everytime Walt was angry or feeling neglected, Vincent was there.

Walt hit the knot in the tree and Vince was there, Locke raising his voice to Walt. Walt was reading a bird book, not getting any attention, and bird flies into window, Vince was there, polar bear in comic book, Walt mad at Dad and lo and behold, polar bear appears, Vince was there, each time Vince noticing Walt`s anger.

And if I recall correctly, Vincent was found in what I thought to be a quite mysterious way by Locke after the crash.

Could a puppy doggie be the great brain of the Island?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Vincent - My Mom's Theory"
Posted by weltek on 04-15-05 at 11:32 AM
But I don't think the dog is helping him win the backgammon games...Not a bad theory, I just don't think it's right. I won't complain if you/your mom is right, though!

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-15-05 at 11:40 AM
My cat is brilliant at backgammon so it always possible. She kinda sucks at Monopoly though.

I also intend to take full credit for this theory is it proves right. Will disown the mom if it fails.

Posted by J I M B O on 04-15-05 at 01:34 PM

i agree. probably just coincidence. after all, being as close as they are, it is reasonable that vincent is around walt all of the time anyhow. there was only the crash and one other short time that vincent was...um...'lost', but i don't read too much into the fact that walt didn't show his powers during those moments.

Posted by joannie on 04-15-05 at 04:41 PM
There is definitely something up with the dog. I thought at first that maybe it was Vincent with the powers, not Walt. Or that maybe Vincent wasn't even a *real* dog. It's strange how Walt pointed out that Vincent was Brian's dog, not his, even though Brian never mentioned the dog before. (And by the way, isn't "Vincent" an unusual name for a dog? So many questions...)

Posted by Roanna on 04-20-05 at 06:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-05 AT 07:46 PM (EST)

I LIKE Mom's theory. Note, my bunny George has been discovered watching LOST when the DVR starts recording it (my DVR turns TV on but sound muted when it records). I have come home late from work twice to find him watching.

silly rabbit

hey, here's a thought ... have we seen Vincent on screen at the same time as the bird/polar bear/whatever? Maybe he's a shape shifter?

Posted by Maroonclown on 04-21-05 at 09:13 AM
I could be entirely wrong here and maybe one of you can verify but I think Vincent got up and left when the bird hit the window, and I'm almost positive Vincent ran away right before polar bear showed up. Wasn't Locke using the dog whistle to try and find him? Wasn't that the point the polar bear showed up?
Or I'm just crazy and I'll go back to playing Monopoly with my cat cause I always win.

Posted by calamityc on 04-21-05 at 01:30 AM
This may have been discussed, but since they reran the conversation about Locke's sister and his Mother being convinced that the golden retriever who showed up and stared her in the eyes was somehow a reincarnation (or at the very least a message from the sister) I have to take this as a clue about Vincent.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-05 at 03:12 AM
The dog is Vincent Price then?

Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-21-05 at 11:12 AM
Wasn't our very first glimpse of "Lost" a view of the jungle through the eyes of Vincent?

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

Posted by Devious Weasel on 04-21-05 at 12:34 PM
I think our first view is Jack waking up on the beach amidst the wreckage and panic.

Posted by Corvis on 04-21-05 at 03:32 PM
The very first thing we saw was a closeup of Jack's eye.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 04-25-05 at 10:41 AM
OK, I just thought that I remembered a very early scene that was shot from an unknown observe's perspective and I had the distinct impression that it was Vincent - but I like to make things up too...

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

Posted by weltek on 04-25-05 at 10:59 AM
So could you make up a story about me and Brad Pitt? Those are the best stories. *gazes dreamily*

Oh, woops, this isn't OT.

Posted by dabo on 04-25-05 at 01:52 PM
Jack opened his eye, perspective on Jack. Switch to Jack's perspective, Jack sees Vincent looking at Jack. I think we may be seeing a lot of things from Vincent's perspective without them actually making it obvious that it is Vincent's perspective.

"RE: Vincent "
Posted by Lost on 06-01-05 at 07:31 PM
Just came across this thread and find it very interesting. I too believe the dog is freaky. I plan on watching the season over again starting tonight and the dog is one that I will be paying close attention too...amongst a hundred other things, lol.

Posted by trigirl on 10-03-05 at 09:23 PM
Bumping this because now that we are in Season 2 we have more weird Walt and Vincent stuff. Walt appeared when Shannon was in the jungle looking for Vincent. Hmmmm.

"You people?"
Posted by wandacal on 10-04-05 at 02:16 AM
Are too weird* for words!
This will be all brought up in my "Pre-show"!

Lost with PhoenixMons!

*Weird, meaning, GREAT show stuff!!!

Posted by Steph_Fan on 10-04-05 at 11:14 AM
In my online perusals for info on the show, I know I read somewhere that the writers had planned to do a Vincent-centric episode, but since the online community had thought of it themselves, they decided to bag it. Darn it! I think that would have been great. If I can figure out where I read that, I'll post it.

Courtesy of Phoenix Mons

Posted by pumpkinqueen on 10-05-05 at 02:05 PM
it's in here:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Trans/Lindelof/index.html

thanks AugustGirl

yes, it is a PhoenixMons