URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1625
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"possible spoilers for TAR 15"

Posted by choochoo on 08-07-09 at 12:20 PM
Maybe something here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: possible spoilers for TAR 15"
Posted by Starshine on 08-07-09 at 02:26 PM
Sounds possible, I think Japan is an ideal location for TAR because of the fact that it is first world, however with (possible) big language problems

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

"RE: possible spoilers for TAR 15"
Posted by Karchita on 08-27-09 at 02:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-09 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

Based on experience, I'd say it's guarenteed language problems and generally massively confusing.

ETA: I hope they go there.

"From the TAR 15 wikipedia page....."
Posted by vince3 on 09-09-09 at 05:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_15

1. Someone's gonna get eliminated right at the start........ don't know why, but that's gotta svck......

2. A new whammy. Switchback. This sends the teams back to one of the series' most challenging Roadblocks...... (maybe the other team member then has to complete that same Roadblock?)

"RE: From the TAR 15 wikipedia page....."
Posted by Estee on 09-10-09 at 04:59 PM
The first thing I thought of in the 'Most Challenging Roadblocks' category was the Chilean barbecue. Which, given what it takes to complete it, would be a death sentence.

And you might get eliminated too.

"RE: From the TAR 15 wikipedia page....."
Posted by BrassFan on 09-11-09 at 10:52 AM
>2. A new whammy.
>Switchback. This sends the
>teams back to one of
>the series' most challenging Roadblocks......
> (maybe the other team
>member then has to complete
>that same Roadblock?)

It doesn't say one of this season's most challenging Roadblocks. It says the series most challenging Roadblocks.

I'm thinking that it will be a special challenge that one team will have to do along the way (kinda like the speed bump, but chosen by the first team to get to the checkpoint, not by the fact that a team was last).

The Chilean barbecue was a tough one, but I don't think that would be it. That thing took something like 4 hours to complete. It would seem terribly unfair to give a team the ability to handicap another team by 4 hours.....

"From Entertainment Weekly:"
Posted by Estee on 09-20-09 at 08:31 AM
* The first stop is Tokyo.

* CBS will take their rip-off page from ABC by throwing the teams into a Japanese game show, where they'll have to consume a 'wasabi bomb'. No defusing crews will be on standby.

* The course took 21 days to complete.

* Team PokHer is very tough.

* One of the husband-wife teams is 'highly combustible', with the husband in particular prone to challenge frustration -- van Munster describes him as looking as if he was going to break his hand.

* There is one Roadblock which the Race has been trying to get arranged for years. All they're willing to tell us is that this is the go season, two thousand animals are involved, and it will bring laughter and tears. (Match the feces to the species?)

"RE: From Entertainment Weekly:"
Posted by qwertypie on 09-20-09 at 11:40 AM
(Match the feces to the species?)
You are in fine form today!

Posted by Snidget on 09-25-09 at 08:31 AM
Link to the EW story with a map of the route

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/09/24/the-amazing-race-15-exclusive-reveal-of-the-route-plus-teases/

Posted by Estee on 09-25-09 at 08:46 AM
That's new: my pass-along was from their fall preview issue.

*looks*

So our self-aggressor is Lance, we still don't have a full cast capable of reading clues, and --

-- total duck madness!

A revisited Roadblock... the locations could be a clue: if we're getting barbecue, it's not in Chile. Not the caviar...

I'm putting the location list here for quick reference. (Have we ever had the full course before the race from the producers?)

Start: Los Angeles, United States.

Pit Stops:

Toyko, Japan.
Cai Be, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietman
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Groningen, Netherlands
Stockholm, Sweden
Tallinn, Estonia
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic

Finish: Las Vegas, United States.

This gives us a chance at figuring out a few tasks before they're reached, or at least guessing possible landmarks.

Posted by vince3 on 09-25-09 at 09:31 AM
We had the interactive map that I found last season...... where we found out that the last 3 legs would be in China..... and that there was one more leg than we originally thought there was.....

Posted by ohmyheck on 09-25-09 at 07:56 PM
Not the hay rolling in Stockholm? That would be awful to revisit.

Posted by dragonflies on 10-15-09 at 09:15 AM
Wasn't there a cheese task in The Netherlands?

another agman masterpiece!

Posted by vince3 on 10-15-09 at 01:24 PM
Has there been a cheese task that was a Roadblock, though?

Fast Forward and Detour, yes. Roadblock? I'm not so sure.....

"The Vegas spoiler"
Posted by AyaK on 09-28-09 at 08:04 AM
Just to cross-reference, here's a link to my summary of the Vegas potential spoiler:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1628.shtml#3

"Amazing Race Promo on Criminal Minds"
Posted by Snidget on 10-07-09 at 09:46 PM
Passport team revealed

Zev and Justin

"RE: Amazing Race Promo on Criminal Minds"
Posted by vince3 on 10-07-09 at 09:55 PM
That's the Asperger's team, isn't it? Unless they can find it and get it back relatively quickly, they're probably toast, or somehow get lucky with another early NEL.......