URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 1620
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
""T-Bird" nickname..."

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-18-01 at 11:39 PM

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but someone in her tribe was calling her T-Bird while cherring her on during the IM. ...I haven't noticed either of the Kim nicknames being used yet.

-SB

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: "T-Bird" nickname..."
Posted by Befuzzled on 10-19-01 at 08:39 AM
I missed that but did notice that Carl referred to her as "T" when explaining to Silas who was in on the old codger alliance.
For what it's worth.
I think that quote went in this order "...T, Frank, Linda and myself". Which may or may not provide some insight into who Carl is tightest with.

"RE: "T-Bird" nickname..."
Posted by tribephyl on 10-20-01 at 04:23 PM

"T" has been used a couple of times by Carl and once by Frank
and "T-Bird" is used by Linda. All of them Referring to Teresa. Not Kim P. I haven't heard a nick-name for Kim P yet. But I pour over the videos all the time. If anything comes up. I'll catch it.

"Kim nickname"
Posted by tjack on 10-19-01 at 12:26 PM
I haven't seen the clip myself but BoeschFan over at the SS EZboard wrote:
"In regard to the spoiler that's been floated that both Kims make the merge because Kim from Boran gets the nickname "Momma Kim" to differentiate her from Samburu's Kim.

I was just watching the CBS Survivor Insider clip "Boran Eats Mush" (part of the ep. 2 collection) and Tom refers to Kim as "Momma Kim". So, it looks like that spoiler is out, because "Momma Kim" got her nickname well before the merge."

Hope it's okay to cross-pollinate.......
T

"Cross-pollination"
Posted by AyaK on 10-19-01 at 04:35 PM
...is strongly encouraged. The idea is to build on what others have done. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due.

Since I can't see any way on God's green earth that Mama Kim makes the merger, it's good to hear that she already has the nickname.

"RE: Kim nickname"
Posted by mavsfan on 10-19-01 at 09:35 PM
Thanks tjack!

I was sure MammaKim made the merger based on the nicknames, so I'm very glad to know I can cross this off my list of "sure bets". Anything else usefull in the clip?

I'd love to watch it but my computer can't handle anything but the most basic of files. Has anyone else seen the clip?

"Kim Powers' nickname"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-20-01 at 04:03 AM
Thanks for the info tjack.
Has anyone (on any board) posted the source for Kim Powers' rumored nickname "Little bit"?

It's probably nothing, but I was struck by Ethan's use of that phrase at the first TC, when he said they needed to keep Clarence around for "a little bit."
Not the most common way to end a sentence--"little bit longer" would be more usual,as in:
*O won't you stay just a little bit longer, please stay-ay-ay just a little bit more* (sorry couldn't help myself)

When I first heard the nickname I thought it referred to her, possibly as being petite. But it might instead refer to a time frame. I'm just wondering if it's an Ethan phrase--that would of course put them post-merge. Does he decide to keep her around for a little bit too? (Pure speculation)

Another thought about nicknames to differentiate--if Momma Kim goes pre-merge, Boran post-merge members might want to distinguish between their former tribemate and the new Kim, whereas Samburus would think of Kim P as "the" Kim.

"RE: Kim nickname"
Posted by tjack on 10-20-01 at 03:30 PM
Mavsfan...unfortunely I haven't seen the clip...my realplayer goldpass subscription ran out earlier this week. That part about seeing the Survivor Insider clip was part of BoeschFan's quote. I also hope to see others step forward with tidbits of info from those Survivor Insider clips. There may be some useful character development info there.

Outfrontgirl...I have not seen anything posted on other boards about the source of the "little bit" nickname (but that doesn't mean it isn't out there and I missed it). Actually I hadn't put alot of thought into the nicknames stuff so I didn't notice that comment by Ethan at all...wish I could say the same for that song you mentioned which I now can't get out of my head

I'm leaning towards the theory that the "little bit" nickname is based on her size but so far Tom is the person I would vote most likely to give it to her...which would put it post-merger.

T