URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 1620
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Dog the Bounty Hunter"

Posted by eire_heart74 on 03-25-06 at 12:49 PM
Any Dog fans here? I don't know why but I can't get enough of that show. Why is so addicting!

So I also heard that Beth and Dog are finally going to make it legal! Up till now they have just been common law wife and husband. Does anyone know anything about his ex's? He's got 12 kids for crying out loud!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Dog the Bounty Hunter"
Posted by CouchTater on 03-25-06 at 07:07 PM
Yeah, I've been watching pretty regularly. My husband is from Hawaii so it's fun for us because he knows all the places. I find them very entertaining and I'm also really surprised at how docile a lot of the perps seem to be.

Beth totally cracks me up. She's so tough and pretty funny with those short shorts and, well, ridiculously huge oobies. I really like how they are tough, yet they still try to cut the criminal some slack.

I didn’t know they weren’t married. I always though they were. She’s had a ring on forever, but I noticed that he doesn’t have a wedding ring, but plenty of others. My husband says that many men in Hawaii don’t wear a ring, but I don’t know if that’s still fairly true.

Posted by nazpink on 03-27-06 at 07:54 AM
I too thought they were already married. I think the appeal of the show is the fact that everyone on it has experienced tough times and has turned their life around. I also like that they actually care about the people they put away, which is in my opinion what we need more of, some of these people aren't horrible they are just troubled and a little help and caring could be that thing that straightens a person up. It's also funny how tough Dog looks but when it comes down to it he's a big sensitive guy. Beth is probably more business like and tough then the guys.....and how the heck does she run around and feel comfortable working in tight shirts and shorts with heels, ouch I would be hurting.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 03-27-06 at 05:12 PM
Oh you know he's just a big old teddy bear under all that tan and hair! I think that's why I like him so much. Just want to make him and all his brothers cookies!

Beth, I wouldn't want to cross! I don't know how she does all that in those heels and tight clothes but good for her!

Posted by LisaPles on 04-06-06 at 09:29 AM
I watch the show, too, and I think the family seems like genuinely good people.
Is anyone else fascinated by the size of Beth's chest? Sorry if I'm being crude, but it is just so enormous I can't get over it! (that's what he says! sorry, couldn't resist!)

"Another guilty fan here"
Posted by mtopaz on 04-11-06 at 01:21 PM
I am strangly fascinated by this show. What keeps me watching is that I do feel these are real people, and that Dog genuinely cares about trying to save all the people he comes in contact with. He'll be cursing out the guy they're trying to catch one minute, and then next giving him a lecture on leaving the crack life behind, and then telling him to "be a gentleman" when he gets into the police station so he doesn't get roughed up.

And he calls Tim his brother, but I guess they are not actually related right? Does Dog have any siblings?

Another reason I like him is that he's a man who has a deep love and respect for his mom. What mom can resist that? I sure can't.

However, I do wish he'd put a shirt on underneath his leather vest. The stomach shots aren't too appealing Dog! And maybe trim down that hair somewhat buddy.

Sig pic by JSlice

"RE: Another guilty fan here"
Posted by CouchTater on 04-12-06 at 04:20 PM
>I am strangly fascinated by this
>show. What keeps me
>watching is that I do
>feel these are real people,
>and that Dog genuinely cares
>about trying to save all
>the people he comes in
>contact with.
>He'll be cursing out the
>guy they're trying to catch
>one minute, and then next
>giving him a lecture on
>leaving the crack life behind,
>and then telling him to
>"be a gentleman" when he
>gets into the police station
>so he doesn't get roughed
>up.

I noticed, and am surprised by this, that they also let the perps get rid of any other kinds of incriminating evidence before they take them in. I remember one show where they let the person get rid of all these stolen credit cards and another where they let the person get rid of some drugs. This just so that they only get brought in for what they were wanted for originally. I actually like this. Kind of gives these people a leg up and lets them know that someone is on their side to some degree and is willing to help them.

> And maybe trim down
>that hair somewhat buddy.

OH yeah, I can't stand that long hair either, but whatever.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 04-12-06 at 12:04 PM
I finally got to watch this show. I loved it. Dont know much backround,did someone say 12 KIDS??!! LOL at being facinated with Beths oobies I couldnt take my eyes of them! I'll def. watch again.

"It's definitely addictive"
Posted by mtopaz on 04-12-06 at 12:20 PM
The episodes I saw last night focused a little bit more on Leland, and how they feel he leads a secret life on the Big Island. Pretty funny.

The other reason I like these people so much is that they have obviously had some rough experiences in their own lives, but they were able to turn it around. Dog talks about how he and his dad never got along while he was growing up, and it wasn't until he was an adult that they finally reconciled. And Tim talks about getting hit enough by his dad when he was young, not to want to get hit again. Both of them could have grown up like their dads, but instead they are dead set against mistreating women or kids.

Sig pic by JSlice

"RE: It's definitely addictive"
Posted by CouchTater on 04-12-06 at 04:11 PM
Beth has also had a rough past. There was one show in which she talked about how she was a wild child and ran around with some shady people, took drugs, got arrested, and how she got pregnant and, I think, had to give the child up and how she understands where these people are coming from.

The whole family has kind of turned themselves around and I like that.

Posted by nazpink on 04-13-06 at 02:04 PM
Their website goes further into their backgrounds. These people are a good example that we can all turn our lives around no matter how bad we start out.

Posted by theking0075 on 04-27-06 at 09:30 AM
I've been staying up until midnight watching this show this past couple of nights and man, I gotta stop that, but I just can't! I must see who Dog will track down next.

"Evil" Dr. Will: Reality Show Legend!

"RE: Dog Meets Jonathan Anton? "
Posted by LisaPles on 04-27-06 at 09:50 AM
I think there should be a show where Jonathan from Blow Out gets together with Dog to give him a hair makeover! It could be titled "Mullett Madness".
That would be so funny! A marriage of reality "superstars"!

"RE: Dog Meets Jonathan Anton? "
Posted by mtopaz on 04-27-06 at 12:14 PM
Great idea! Maybe some extensions to add fullness and body? And a good trim to get rid of the straggly split ends!

Sig pic by JSlice

"RE: "Baby" Lisa"
Posted by LisaPles on 05-04-06 at 04:46 PM
Did anyone notice that Lisa had some orthodontic work done on her teeth? She looked really cute on the show last night. When she smiles she looks just like Dog!
Now if Leland would just do something with that hair!

Posted by CouchTater on 05-05-06 at 06:34 PM
What? I love Lelands do. Ok, so it's really late 80's early 90's,but still he looks HOT!

Posted by nazpink on 05-07-06 at 05:52 PM
I'm rather confused about Baby Lisa's relation to Dog. On the episode when she came back, I could have sworn I heard Dog mention that he basically adopted her. I thought he said that when he was busting some people she was in the car and asked him if he was going to take her home. I guess I could be wrong. The guy has so many kids it's hard to keep track of them.....lol...I guess it's good that the majority are older I couldn't imagine having that many little ones running around. Either way I still like Dog and his family they all seem to be really caring and nice people even if they do look rough around the edges.

Posted by LisaPles on 05-10-06 at 11:59 AM
I never heard that, but that would be really interesting if Dog adopted her. Especially because I think they look alike! I think I heard somewhere that Dog has 12 kids! Wow, busy guy!

CouchTater, no offense picking on Leland's hair! It's like a mullet variation. It is very "Leland" and I don't know if I could picture him any other way! I think Leland would be happy to know he has fans that are Hot for him. The way they are always picking on him Beth would probably grease the doorways so they could get his head through!

"RE: Leland!!!"
Posted by NewFan on 05-18-06 at 04:24 PM
Okay, I am a grown woman, and I just LOVE Leland! Not in a sexual way--that wouldn't be right. But like a son, or a stray puppy, ya' know? They are always picking on him and teasing him, and I just want to give him a hug and protect him.

Did anyone see the episode where Leland got sick and had to go to the doctor? I just wanted to put a cool rag on his head and make him some soup. Am I weird?

They've been devoting a lot more time to him this season, and I'm sure he has a fan club of groupies out there!

(And I totally agree on Beth's chest. How can you look anywhere else?)

Posted by Madigan on 05-17-06 at 04:53 AM
I LOVE this show! Beth's outfits are hysterical and I agree with everyone on here about how they are an amazing example of how anyone can turn their lives around. Dog went to jail for a very serious crime (Murder, I think) and now look at him!

Posted by LisaPles on 05-17-06 at 12:36 PM
I love this show, too. It's all about Beth - she totally makes the show (and Dog, too of course) It is so funny when her and Dog start flirting with each other, especially when they are all turned on after a big bust! Speaking of big bust (yeah, you know where I'm going with this), I know I've said it before, but I can't get over the enormity of Beth's chest. I just stare in complete amazement!

Posted by eire_heart74 on 05-24-06 at 07:43 AM
Hi there all!! I'm the one that started this thread and I'm in a little shock by recent events in his life!

His daughter was killed in a car accident the day before his wedding and he still had the wedding anyway. The one that they taped and are going to make another show on A&E. Ok maybe because I am a mom, I'm just a little horrified that they still went through the wedding even though his daughter was killed.

I understand she lived up in Alaska and wasn't planning on going to the wedding anyway. Makes me wonder if they were estranged anyway.

Does it just seem kind of wrong to get married when your kid was killed the day before? Maybe I just can't understand not having a relationship with a parent but it's just so strange to me.

Posted by mtopaz on 05-24-06 at 06:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 06:46 PM (EST)

Edited to add some info I found on-line:

The event was took place one day after a tragedy, however; one of Dog’s 11 children, “Barbara Katy Chapman, 23, was killed in a car accident near her home of Fairbanks, Alaska,” according to the AP. The wedding went on, however, after Dog “gathered with his 10 surviving children — two of whom he had with Smith — and discussed whether to proceed with the wedding.”

Sorry, I forgot to cut and paste the link. It certainly sounds like they were estranged, if she was the only one of his children not attending the wedding. Still, a sad situation and that would have been a tough call to make: postpone or go ahead and get married since all your other relatives and children have flown out to Hawaii to attend.

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by nazpink on 05-25-06 at 08:30 AM
Wasn't Baby Lisa living in Alaska? I wonder if they were close. Honestly, as a parent I don't think I could get dressed or eat the next morning much less have a wedding, even if my child and I were "estranged".

Posted by mtopaz on 05-26-06 at 02:14 PM
Naz - nor can I. It wouldn't matter to me if I was estranged from my son or not. He's still the single most important person in my life. But who can tell the emotions that went through their minds?

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by LadyT on 05-26-06 at 11:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-06 AT 11:11 PM (EST)

ANother one of his children wasn't going to be at the wedding anyway, as he is in prison. I saw a special on CNBC on Dog which had him, Leland, Beth and Tim on it, plus some of Dog's older kids. I think it was the oldest, I know it is one of the older ones is in prison for drugs and will be in there for a long time. In fact, the son jumped bail and Dog and his family decided that the safest thing to do was to capture him as he was an addict and they believed he would self destruct. So based on that, it makes me wonder if not everyone supported that decision to put a sibling away for a good portion of his life. There could have been a number of reasons she wasn't going to go.

I love that show. The first time I heard of Dog was in all places a Lifetime movie. He captured the Max Factor heir who was a convicted felon who jumped bond and was in Mexico. They filmed the movie, they were about to show it on Lifetime and Dog caught him. Dog actually spent timein a Mexican jail because the guy fought it but obviously, Dog was released. That basically made Dog famous, they reshot the end of the movie and soon after they came out with the show. My BF and I have been watching it forever.

But Beth, man, I really don't think I have seen bigger boobs. Seriously.

Edited to add: The Max Factor heir was named Andrew Luster and he was convicted in absentia on 86 counts of rape. The Mexican govt. held Dog and his crew as fugitives, but the charges were dropped. It made headlines and he got his show.

TishyTime

Posted by nazpink on 06-07-06 at 09:08 AM
Last night we got to see more Tim, which was nice for a change. It was so sweet to see him interact with his daughters and see the love that he has for them in his eyes. I loved it when he told his newborn daughter that mommy carried her for 9 months and now he was going to carry her for the rest of her life. Despite the job and the amount of time it probably takes out of their days they still show the love they have for their families. I think it's great.

Posted by mtopaz on 06-07-06 at 04:04 PM
Dang! I missed that one. I'll have to catch it on a rerun. One of the most endearing things about both Dog and Tim, is that even they had it tough growing up, they've made the choice to be loving fathers. I think both their fathers were pretty rough on them. I remember Tim saying once that he always tries to avoid being hit in the face, because he had enough of that growing up.

I like how both men decided that when they became dads, they would not be like their own fathers. Sounds like a sweet moment in that episode, and I hope I can see it soon.

Sig pic by JSlice

Posted by Madigan on 06-09-06 at 01:45 AM
I actually teared up when Tim said that to his newborn daughter. Coming from a childhood where my father was neglectful and absent, it is SO NICE to see that there are men of honor out there who love their daughters!

Posted by mroc on 06-21-06 at 01:03 AM
I am one of those people who hates almost all reality tv. About a month ago I was too lazy to change the channel when this show came on after the show I was watching ended. I got completely sucked into these people with their off-beat personalities and appearance. I even teared up a few times. This show is totally addicting. To mimic what other's have said...Beth is hard not to stare at! She's just plain fascinating. In a world of perfection obesessed celebrities there is something about her complete body confidence(she is certainly less than perfect) that is totally refreshing and sexy. To watch her and Dog interract and to watch the complete commitment they have to family is really touching. They are so completely sure of who they are and unapologetic for being different.

This show is NOTHING like what I thought when I used to see the commercials. It really was a pleasant surprise. Now if I see the show is coming on I don't change the channel.

Posted by JdColt on 07-20-06 at 02:38 AM
My family and I went to Hawaii last year so we thought we would go to Dog's "Da Kine Bail Bonds office which we found in the honolulu phone book. Low and behold we not only found the office, my two young sons got to take pictures with Leland. We also saw Beth but she didn't look like she was in a good mood so we didn't even approach her.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 08-07-06 at 12:19 PM
We also
>saw Beth but she didn't
>look like she was in
>a good mood so we
>didn't even approach her.

I wouldn't want to piss off Beth either. She looks like the kind that would cut you!

hey all the big wedding day show is on Tueday!!! Don't forget to watch!

Posted by fedcamper on 08-26-06 at 06:58 AM
I think they should change the name of the show to "Dog and Pig." I can't stand Beth; think she is totally classless, and Leland needs to brush and floss- those gums are somethin' else!

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 09-16-06 at 10:06 AM
Didn't this guy just get arrested for illegally detaining someone in Mexico?

I barely heard the details over the noise on the train, but thought for sure there'd be something here about it.

Guess it probably does not affect the episodes already taped for the current season.

Just wondering what happened.....and I would HATE to have to go to a legitimate news source for my scoop!

HAHA!

Posted by CouchTater on 09-17-06 at 09:03 AM
According to this site:

http://www.aetv.com/dog_the_bounty_hunter/dog_latest_news.jsp

The Dog is currently under house arrest except for going to work until his extradition hearing is held.

I think the way this whole thing went down was ridiculous, over the top and unnecessary. I'm in the court that someone or the Gov. is using him for an alternative purpose and that he is getting royally skrewd.

They ARE currently taping their show and what happened will be part of the show. The whole arrest thing I think will be aired the Tues. the 19th. Not sure about that though.

A Tribephyl creation

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-17-06 at 01:57 PM
I totally agree. The idea that he kidnapped a convicted rapist is absurd. He did the world a huge favor by grabbing that guy. He ran away from his crimes. Even was found with diaries boasting the details of what he did to those women. You think he wouldn't of done it again? Of course he would of. Then the Mexican government would of been stuck with a bunch of rapes in their country by that monster. He drugged and rapped women. He's not some innocent.

I understand that bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico which is why so many of our fine American criminals go there. I'm glad he did it though. Why should that guy get away with what he did just because he's loaded?

Interesting that he was nabbed on "failure to appear". Kind of ironic seeig as that is what he's usually getting guys on.

Posted by nazpink on 09-18-06 at 03:50 PM
I agree, it seems rather rididiculous. What I would like to know is why Dog and his crew are just now getting arrested for this? I know they were arrested in Mexico, but 3 years after? God forbid a couple of people take a chance to capture a serial sex offender, just another fine example of just how much injustice there is with the law.

"update"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-20-06 at 10:42 AM

anyone catch the special last night?

it seems to ME, if anyone cares, that they are in trouble, but that the mexican gvt is making an example of them. i think that they were being treated well by the guards and *most* of the prisoners, but now they're home on bail, anyway.

and they MAY be extradited to mexico, but i doubt anything huge will come of it.

just as beth was saying "we can't send the message that you can run away to mexico to hide from your crimes" i believe the mexican gvt is trying to send an analogous message. i think they will get off on very light fines and no jail time, but i think it is kind of smart use of a 'celebrity' to enforce their warrants here. it's unfair because the crime is so petty. esp b/c it's for violating someone's rights or something and the said someone isn't even a mexican citizen. do noncitizens even HAVE rights?

~ cqc

"RE: update"
Posted by nazpink on 09-20-06 at 02:16 PM
I saw the special last night and I couldn't imagine how horrifying the experience of having the marshalls come into their home was for the children. From what I got out of the special as well, was that the Mexican government can't even extradite them since it had been 3 years.....but I don't know their laws. I really hope that Dog and his crew get off with a small fine since this whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned the fact that they caught Andrew Luster, who had date rape drugs and video equipment in his room, should account for something.

Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-21-06 at 08:44 AM
I really feel for their family to have been exposed to such a horrible thing.

I think if they had called them to appear, they would of went right in! They are not fake. They respect the justice system.

My hope is they only get a fine. I think the govt is just trying to make an example of them. To show that everyone must face up to their crimes. I think the mexican govt was morons for waiting nearly three years to do something about it. Somebody must of got it in their heads and said "hey let's nail these guys:" It only brought more PR to Dog and the show.

Posted by nazpink on 09-21-06 at 09:16 AM
Another messed up thing about this whole situation is the fact that Dog and his crew called the Mexican police before they approached Andrew Luster and helped them arrest the guy!!! If Dog is in trouble then I sure hope the Mexican police who assisted him are as well since they are supposed to uphold the law in their own country. It is such a set up that the police would help them do something that is illegal then snag them at the border.

"i don't think so"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-21-06 at 10:01 AM
i don't know. that's not how i saw it.

what it seemed like from the special was that they nabbed luster, then it created a commotion, so the police came and arrested *all* of them.

~ cqc

Posted by mtopaz on 09-21-06 at 07:14 PM
I did catch most of the show. Something that touched me was Youngblood talking about how the experience made him feel. I know he had a rough beginning. He occasionally makes a quiet reference now and again, like once saying he doesn't like being hit in the face, because he had enough of that as a kid. And on the special, he says his dad was not really a good guy, and that he ran away from home at age 13, to go live with his mom. And that he chose to live a law-abiding life. And after the arrest made the news, he was walking to the store and began to feel like a dirtbag and ashamed. Now that made me cry.

I also didn't understand why the Federal marshalls had to come without warning. Did they really think that Dog, Tim and Leland would try to flee? Couldn't they have made a phone call and explained, hey, the Mexican government is pursuing this, we've been asked to arrest you, can we set it up peacably? I think it makes the Feds look like a bunch of thugs. (Um, not that this surprises me in this day and age considering the thugs in charge of our government - but that's another thread and another story!) These are known people (Dog and his crew), they're non-violent, well established in their community, and basically law abiding people. The Feds couldn't have tried the civil route first? Jeebus - that really fried me.

Sig pic by JSlice

"not sure"
Posted by cqvenus on 09-22-06 at 09:46 AM

i'm also trying to figure out the logic in it.

as far as i know, dog is against carrying a gun. so it's not like he's a threat against them in that way...

if i had to take a guess, i'd say they figured his experience with fugitives lends itself to making him a possible flight risk. or maybe because he has previous prison time (i believe he said he murdered someone, even tho his wiki entry says he was convicted in stuff *related* to a murder, but at any rate definitely served time in TX) he's considered dangerous.

i really can't figure it out entirely. because even if HE is considered a risk due to his record, surely his SON doesn't have such a record. his wiki mentions no prison or arrest record.

it just doesn't seem to make much sense.

~ cqc

"RE: not sure"
Posted by eire_heart74 on 09-22-06 at 12:24 PM
All it was the damn government trying to make an example out of him because they are embaressed that he is as successful as he is in nabbing criminals and they aren't!!!!!

Not only does he find them, he then treats them with respect and dignity. Something our government doesn't do at all!