URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 162
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"where did the matts pissed storys come from"

Posted by erikman on 10-28-03 at 09:51 PM
stone stanley lied again lame ending

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: where did the matts pissed storys come from"
Posted by MandyM on 10-28-03 at 10:00 PM
I guess we'll see.....

But I do not think it's been lame at all so far......I am such a sucker, I've been crying my silly head off for the last half an hour! I LOVE SCHMO!

MM Maybe this world is another planet’s hell

Posted by erikman on 10-28-03 at 10:04 PM
now we know why he droped out of lawschool, the guy is to nice now hes giveing the 100g to his mom

Posted by SZUU on 10-28-03 at 10:10 PM
I loved how he reacted... show's how truely genuine he is. I feel so warm and happy!!!!

Posted by OceansAngel16 on 10-28-03 at 11:05 PM
He is giving the money to his mother to <i>invest</i> for his entire family... So they can "build an empire"

"RE: That line nailed it..."
Posted by Rabies on 10-30-03 at 04:16 PM
Yeah that line really nailed it in my opinion. No, it didn't nail down that Matt's "sweet" and all those other adjectives that have been assigned to him, but it nailed perfectly how much of a dumb ass he is. "Build an empire"? With $100,000? That won't even buy you a house except in remote back-country swamp lands!

And besides that... He recently announced that he's moving to LA to "act"! HABAHABAHbahaahahaa holy crap. He's gonna blow through that $100 grand so fast, we'll be hearing about him living in the gutter by 2005.

"RE: That line nailed it..."
Posted by Guppin1234 on 11-02-03 at 06:23 AM
Maybe Daddy is into the stock markets?

Posted by ynosone on 10-28-03 at 10:31 PM
I saw a thread where someone had suggested that Matt knew the whole time that the show was fake. I think now that the final episode is almost over that he didn't really know.

David

Posted by kyngsladye on 10-28-03 at 10:35 PM
It came from the same place as "Don't miss the first 15 minutes of Joe Schmo"--the first 15 minutes were a recap of the previous episodes.

La Métropole

Posted by erikman on 10-28-03 at 10:42 PM
we know now why he did'nt do pre show pub becouse he was'nt mad and would ruin the joke. this guy has been to too many phish shows.

Posted by Rabbit on 10-28-03 at 10:50 PM
Actually, I can kind of see how matt is pissed. He probably changes his attitude towards the whole thing every other day.

He had to go through all this for a measly $100,000. (probably more like $50,000 after taxes).

You can't really build an empire with that.

If he had gotten 1 million dollars I could see him be content, but $50,000 no royalties, I wouldn't be suprised to see some kind of law suit to get some more change. After all the Joe Shmoe show, and Spike TV have certainly benefited from him.

Posted by erikman on 10-28-03 at 10:57 PM
i still think he got more it's just undisclosed, this guy is to nice

Posted by OceansAngel16 on 10-28-03 at 11:06 PM
I don't think he got more money.. I really do not think he did..
He got two trips, a flat screen tv and a trip to the playboy mansion...

Posted by Indigo Kid on 10-28-03 at 11:21 PM
are y'all kidding? this guy is the nicest guy. the whole show was how he was the nicest guy. why would he sue spike? there is more money to be made, and biting the hand that feeds you is certainly not the way to go about it. besides, its not in his personality. he's the greatest guy. i loved this show cause i loved matt. so nice. who knows? i wish i could shake that guys hand. he's the best.

call me a matt lover if you will. call me sappy. i don't care. matt is cool.

Posted by SZUU on 10-28-03 at 11:29 PM
I agree.

This guy is not meant to be a lawyer. . .hence why he probably dropped out of law school. He dosen't like confrontation. He is laid back and probably very content with what he got. I'm sorry but he doesn't seem like a guy who would want to waste his time against pricey lawyers from a TV network. . . if he didn't want to be a lawyer, then he probably doesn't want to spend more time than necessary dealing with lawyers. He's enjoying that money with his fanily

Posted by OceansAngel16 on 10-28-03 at 11:35 PM
Well.. he was pretty ticked off, some of the things he said clued me into that, but since he is such a nice guy, he didn't be open about his anger, and didn't show it. Some of the things he said though, woah.. They were kind of scary coming from Matt, really scary.. But I am glad I got to see that side of him, shows that he actually IS human and not some creepy android thing made to be the "perfectly nice human"
And Its probably not that he doesn't want to spend time with the lawyers, its more of the price if anything.. I don't think he'd want to sue either way.. Maybe a more quiet way to vent his anger.. But Lawyers are WAY too expensive, the fees can be more than you make out of the entire thing.. Unless he got a friend who actually completed their time at law school and was willing to take the case.. but a small unkown laywer against the multi-million dollar law firms Spike could hire? not worth the money..

Posted by erikman on 10-28-03 at 11:44 PM
>Well.. he was pretty ticked off,
>some of the things he
>said clued me into that,
>but since he is such
>a nice guy, he didn't
>be open about his anger,
>and didn't show it.
>Some of the things he
>said though, woah.. They were
>kind of scary coming from
>Matt, really scary.. But I
>am glad I got to
>see that side of him,
>shows that he actually IS
>human and not some creepy
>android thing made to be
>the "perfectly nice human"
>And Its probably not that he
>doesn't want to spend time
>with the lawyers, its more
>of the price if anything..
>I don't think he'd want
>to sue either way.. Maybe
>a more quiet way to
>vent his anger.. But Lawyers
>are WAY too expensive, the
>fees can be more than
>you make out of the
>entire thing.. Unless he got
>a friend who actually completed
>their time at law school
>and was willing to take
>the case.. but a small
>unkown laywer against the multi-million
>dollar law firms Spike could
>hire? not worth the money..
>
if he realy wanted to sue viacom would settle they don't want the bad press 1 mill is tip money for them. look at spike lee his lawsuit was a joke but they setlled.

Posted by Guppin1234 on 10-29-03 at 09:35 PM
There's always arbitration.

Posted by erikman on 10-28-03 at 11:39 PM
it was spike that bit the hand that feed them, matt was the reason they got the raitings they got if we did'nt like him it would get .5 instead of 1.5. matt talked yesterday of hosting a show so i'm still thinking he worked something out with stone stanley to guest in one of there shows.

Posted by erikman on 10-29-03 at 01:15 PM
the 96x interview matt says he's not mad and never was mad. so the show failed in pissing him off.

Posted by nuxi2 on 10-29-03 at 03:02 PM

Him, for one. He told his friends that they only gave him the 10k for showing up and that he wasn't very happy with being called a schmo. I'm guessing he was told to do so until the show was over. I'll see if I can get an update from him.

Posted by erikman on 10-29-03 at 04:14 PM
>
>Him, for one. He told
>his friends that they only
>gave him the 10k for
>showing up and that he
>wasn't very happy with being
>called a schmo. I'm
>guessing he was told to
>do so until the show
>was over. I'll see
>if I can get an
>update from him.

oh yea you had the 5 figure check spoiler, he did all that covering up for them and only got 100,000. he could have just said no coment. yea go find out whats up. they must have a show for him.

Posted by kris6336 on 11-02-03 at 07:40 AM
"they only gave him the 10k for showing up and that he wasn't very happy with being called a schmo."

sounds to me like he was playing the what I say versus what you interpret game.

They only gave him 10k for showing up...they gave him everything else for staying.

He said in the interview on final episode noght that he didn't like the name "Schmo".

I'm glad even though the show is over the posts are still coming!

Posted by Guppin1234 on 11-02-03 at 04:24 PM
"He said in the interview on final episode noght that he didn't like the name "Schmo"

Well, get over your ego Matt! We've all had our schmoments in life. The sooner you embrace your schmoness, the sooner you'll break out of it.

THE ULTIMATE SCHMO OF ALL TIME:
DAN QUAYLE