URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID19
Thread Number: 162
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Opinions on Episode 5! **Please come read and reply!**"

Posted by Sedora on 10-09-01 at 03:30 AM
So, today Mike seemingly screwed himself. Basically, he manipulated people and "hurt them maliciously", as Anthony puts it. He told two girls that he wouldn't vote them off if they didn't vote him off. One of the girls was Melissa-the total sweetie who has problems with commitment. The other girl was Andrea-the seemingly fake chickie who feels that she has to be friends with the person in power. Andrea knew about Mike's plan to have himself, Ralph and two girls whom were already selected-Toni and Melissa to become the final four and persevere. She was very agressive in telling him that she could take Melissa's place and not to worry about her. But, since Mike started becoming "unsure of himself" (as Anthony puts it again) and actually feeling bad that he hurt Melissa, he became unsure of what to do next. His plan was to eliminate one more person, then break all of his worries down to Melissa, but since the group communicated a lot more than Mike thought they did, she found out ahead of time that Mike was "playing her"-which he actually wasn't trying to. He was finally being honest to everybody, but he became angry at the people who were acting like they weren't playing the game, but really were-then blaming him for the same thing that they were doing. In my opinion, this was just a reason to cover up his insecuries, but probably a damn good one that he believed entirely in-so there is nothing wrong with that.

He couldn't exactly explain to everyone that they were getting angry at him for something that they were in denial about themselves because that was just it-they were in denial and wouldn't admit it anyway. They would just get angry at him for pointing out something that they were insecure about. But, Mike did make a mistake. He thought that he could combine relationships with others into puzzle pieces to win the game, but he couldn't because people's emotions are not to be toyed with. He realized this and admitted it, which takes a strong person to do. Jeanette was basically the only one who understood all of this and since all of this cannot be explained to people who are in denial, it looks like Jeanette will be yelled at next episode. Possibly, the rest of the crew could've understood but hey, Mike did make two major mistakes though and those were:
1) combining relationships with a game (um, <b>Hello reality TV??</b>) and
2) not communicating with Melissa, when he knew that she WASN'T playing around.

My opinion is that Mike is just a bit more intelligent than some of these people and Ralph is probably the one behind all of this because he seems like that. And he said himself that only one person can win all of this. So, when Mike says that "one person is going to have to be stabbed", Ralph probably turned it around and stabbed him straight in the back. Melissa, Darin and Toni seem to be the only real and innocent people on the boat. And although Toni has a tough exterior, she is SUCH a sweetie and cutie. When she held Greg's picture up and said that she was going to volunteer to leave the boat because she missed "this guy" to Jeanette, it totally melted my heart. But, was it just my imagination or did Greg look like he had a mohawk on "Loser Island"?

Lol anyways..I see that Darren is now on the MB and although I am a new poster, but have been a lurker for a few days, I'd like to extend a warm welcome. Darren, you're a total sweetie and I hope that everything worked out with Melissa and if not, that you find someone else that will make you totally happy because you deserve it

So, I'd really appreciate it if any of you wanted to reply with your opinions on...my opinions! haha Mike am I onto anything?

Latah all!;)
Liss

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Opinions on Episode 5! **Please come read and reply!**"
Posted by Sedora on 10-09-01 at 03:51 AM
haha oops...i only read the beginning of "darren" or "darin" (whateva)'s post.

tsk tsk posa..

"Darren doesn't live here in monkeyboy form, honest"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-09-01 at 04:05 AM
Our Monkeyboy is not now and never has been Darren or Darin.
He is just being mischievous as usual. You see, whenever anyone here at SB sees a monkey on TV or on the news, we always say it was our Monkey.
He's Ubiquitous!

I would give my opinions but it's bedtime and besides I think someone used the Switch card to trade my opinions and replace them with questions... Thanks for yours, though...

Posted by JFK3674 on 10-09-01 at 11:36 AM
How to do figure Toni is "SUCH a sweetie and cutie" just becuase she offered to go just so she could see Greg? I honestly see her as manipulative and a bully. Lets look at her track record. She could have stopped Greg or for that matter Adrian from being voted off, but she didnt. She was the pack leader for "lets yell at Michael" And its obvious that she told Andrea about the alliance. From he begining she was thick as thieves with her. Michael's mistake was to include her in the chicago 4 thing. Also I hated her use of the word "martyr"

mar·tyr (märtr)n.
One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce
religious principles.
One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order
to further a belief, cause, or principle.
One who endures great suffering: a martyr to arthritis.
One who makes a great show of suffering in order to
arouse sympathy

The only suffering done was caused by her. Michael wasnt looking to suffer. So to say he was looking to play the martyr, she was wrong, and to keep repeating it ad nauseam was horrible. If anyone was playing the martyr it was Andrea.

Posted by Loree on 10-09-01 at 11:48 AM
I don't see Toni as the innocent sweetie either. She seems to be manipulative. She cries and acts like everyone is her bestfriend. She knows who is doing the voting. Reminds me of Nicole on BB2. She promised to save Adrian and then didn't do it. And it was interesting how quickly she had to run to Jeannette first after being so angry about Andrea leaving. Hmmm?

Plus Anthony and his peeping tom act reminded me of Hardy on BB2. I was laughing my head off. I wonder if everyone on Loser Island realized Anthony said the remark about Adrian being a deadbeat dad and blamed it on Jeannette?

Yes, what was with that mohawk? Was I seeing things?

Posted by true on 10-09-01 at 12:03 PM
I think the mohawk was on "crazy" Tony.

true

Posted by Drive My Car on 10-09-01 at 12:38 PM
Crazy Tony it was.

Posted by Sedora on 10-09-01 at 08:53 PM
Yes, she was wrong about quite a few things, but I believe from what I've seen that she has a good heart and some of the things she does are unintentional which she regrets later-hence the crying

Posted by Danielle1774 on 10-09-01 at 02:17 PM
In response to the fact that people think Toni is innocent and such a sweety pie. She is behind a lot of the trouble caused on the ship. She made a promise she didn't keep to Adrian after everybody heard her make it. Toni also stated that her and Andrea were "Homegirls", so who do you think let her friend in on the "Chi-Four"? I really don't think Toni is sweet. She was calling a bluff with the little discussion with Jeanette. She wouldn't give Jeanette a red cent if she won. Just like she voted off Adrian when she said she wouldn't. If anybody is playing the game she is. If she thought Michael to be such a weasel, why would she have any part of the "Chi-Four"? Especially, when she knew her "Homegirl" Andrea was not included. If that's not being a weasel, what is.

Posted by Kramer on 10-09-01 at 05:24 PM
And the previews support your theory Danielle. One moment we see Toni making a deal with Jeanette and the following preview we see Toni in Jeanettes face, ready to tear her eyes out. I don't think Jeanette will see one penny if Toni wins the money.

Toni and Anthony are two completely ruthless, mean spirited losers.

Kramer

Posted by Ioway on 10-09-01 at 06:14 PM
What Kramer said!

Posted by Sedora on 10-09-01 at 09:08 PM
u have good points

lets just see what happens tonight