URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1618
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR 14 - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:23 PM
Please keep all comments of the first of what is the first of two all-China legs here until the West Coast hears the screams of pain of the teams!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"So far"
Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-09 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

Re-hash of the mat spat, Airport trip to Beijing, with Keisha/Jen getting ice stares........

Roadblock: Foot massage. Starts with a drink of tea, then 10 minute foot massage that goes from pleasure to pain in a snap. If they cry uncle, they have to re-start the whole process. After the massage, they drink another tea to get the clue.

After the Roadblock order: Kisha/Jen, Cara/Jaime, Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke.....

We're heading to the probable Detour, and the swimming fear for Keisha/Jen.

Everyone is tightly packed.....

Tammy/Victor get to the pool first by going directly to the north door.

Detour: Sync or Swim.

Sync: Synchronized Diving, must get at least a 5 from the judges......

Swim: Teams must relay swim for 400 meters. Each team member must do 200 meters....... They're going to be wearing similar stuff that Michael Phelps wore a couple of months previous at the Olympics.....

"RE: TAR 14 - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:32 PM
OK, so maybe the 5 is the best score the judges can give...... anyways. Tammy/Victor stink at Sync, and now it's Keisha/Jen's turn and it's freak-out time!

Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:43 PM
Tammy/Victor is the only team doing Sync.

Everyone else is doing Swim.

Cara/Jaime finished Swim first, and head to the North Gate of Drum Tower, the Pit Stop for this leg of the race.

Margie/Luke aren't doing too bad swimming?

Keisha/Jen? Royally stink at swimming! They're gonna try Sync again......

Margie/Luke exit Swim 2nd, and had a faster time than Cara/Jaime.......

At least this time Keisha/Jen dove in...... got 2's

Both team's struggles continue.....

Sounds like Tammy/Victor are switching to Swim........ as Keisha/Jen execute another ugly dive.....

Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:44 PM
Tammy didn't initially want to do Swim because she only just learned to swim before the race began!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-26-09 at 07:59 PM
Cara and Jaime took 9:40 (I think it was) to do the 400m
Luke and Margie took 8:05 to do theirs.
Michael Phelps did it in 4:05 ... it's a lot tougher than it looks to do the swimming especially since he did it alone and the TAR teams got to take turns doing 100m at a time.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-26-09 at 08:04 PM
Kisha and Jen finally completed the 400m in a world-record time of 18:19 with a few belly-flops into the pool along the way.

Posted by dragonflies on 04-28-09 at 12:20 PM
DS can swim a 800 meters in about 9.5 minutes. The 400 meter free takes him about 4 minutes 45 sec.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-26-09 at 08:12 PM
Can one of those two read the clue and sync off the diving boards: walk off together... forget about the jump or am I maybe missing something when they were reading the rule for sync?

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Posted by MsShel330 on 04-26-09 at 07:49 PM
She's truly phobic if 1 million dollars isn't a motivator to get over her fear, especially since she got in the water and didn't drown.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-26-09 at 08:00 PM
If she's nervous about getting into the water, why isn't she laughing?

(innocent look)

Posted by Estee on 04-27-09 at 06:05 AM
*snicker*

Yeah, I was having a little trouble getting the pity flowing myself. Redheads having to put on skinsuits? A visibly painful experience which generates empathy. Jennifer, wearing enough buoyancy boosters to have her hovering two inches above the pool, insisting she was going to drown? All out of 'sorry' stock.

Posted by dragonflies on 04-28-09 at 12:27 PM
It truly takes about 20 minutes to put on a Lazer suit. They are a compression suit, which is what helps to make swimmers faster. Hence Margie's comment about not being able to breath. The first time DS wore a higher end technical suit, he complained of the same thing.

I did have to give kudos to Kisha for putting on the life vest to support her sister.

Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-09 AT 06:19 AM (EST)

Tammy/Victor finish Swim, as Keisha/Jen continue their breakdown. Jen has to wear a life vest to complete the course.

Keisha has decided to wear a life vest in support as well....

Victor is having leg cramps in both legs.......

We had a little bit of time with Cara/Jaime and Margie/Luke, but neither team has made the Pit Stop yet.....

Posted by suzzee on 04-27-09 at 04:59 PM
Wearing the life vest in support or for support, she hung on to the lane markers the whole time she did the first lap before they came back for a re-do anyway. I suppose they're allowed an over the top moment but their comments about all Chinese looking alike raised even my eyebrows.

Posted by MsShel330 on 04-26-09 at 07:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-09 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

Note to self, take swimming lessons again.

There aren't anymore non-elim legs, right or is there one left?

OMG it's a super leg!!!! I'd forgotten about those. Victor better do some quick stretches or he'll be even worse off than he is now. Kisha & Jen lucked out on this as long as they don't need to get in water again they're back in it.

Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:55 PM
Finally Cara/Jaime find Phil!

OH-NO!

SUPER LEG!

That's ultra troublesome for Tammy/Victor because of Victor's leg cramping..........

Posted by CTgirl on 04-26-09 at 08:31 PM
Jaime and Cara were so excited when they thought they'd won the leg. Phil took a lot of glee in giving them their next clue and telling them that this leg of the race was still on. The look on the girls faces was priceless: you've got to be kidding me Phil. LMAO!

Posted by Loree on 04-26-09 at 10:23 PM
I loved it. They set it up during the show. Cara and Jaime talking about never getting 1st place. They were so happy they had finally won a prize. And then Phil tells them they have to keep racing. Just Beautiful.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-27-09 at 08:31 AM
They missed a big clue: No one there with Phil to say Welcome to __________

"Next time"
Posted by vince3 on 04-26-09 at 07:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-09 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Teams have to stomach Chinese delicacies......

And, with a spot in the F3 on the line Cara/Jaime struggle with the language barrier.......

Posted by MsShel330 on 04-26-09 at 07:59 PM
Next week, still in China, the teams have to eat odd foods while dressed and made up in traditional gear. No sign of Margie & Luke in the preview.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-26-09 at 08:08 PM
Margie and Luke were shown eating the delicacies.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 04-26-09 at 08:13 PM
Looks like a job for Mrs. Hobbs.

Posted by john_jaded on 04-26-09 at 08:19 PM
gawwdd.. what's with this surprise leg? but it's very interesting.. i thought jamie and cara are finally getting their first win.. i want that foot massage!! lmao..

Posted by olathejoe on 04-27-09 at 09:06 AM
Anyone have a link to the previews? I just looked and didn't see it on the CBS site, that doesn't mean it's not there, just that I didn't see it. We were haveing some severe weather here in the midwest last night, and as soon as the "to be continued" flashed on the screen the local weather gal cut in and stayed in for about 1/2 hour.
Did anything happen after the redheads checked in, or was it just previews?

Posted by Prof_ Wagstaff on 04-26-09 at 09:40 PM
*YAWN*
What a truly boring episode!

Posted by mtopaz on 04-27-09 at 01:45 AM
It's so sad -- but I'm actually ready for this season to be over. The only team I'm halfway rooting for is Victor and Tammy, because the other three teams provide me with only varying levels of annoyance every time they open their yaps.

As to tonight's show, that foot massage looked brutal!

I too was surprised at how hard the synchronized jump into the water was. It seems like the partners should at least count with each other -- maybe "1, 2, 3, jump!"? Or bounce in sync, then jump on the count of 3?

As to Jen's fear of swimming - I did feel for her. I would agree that she must have a real phobia about water, because even with the life vest, she seemed panicked. I wonder if she had a near drowning experience or something that has remained with her. Although I don't really like either sister, it was nice to see Keisha encouraging her gently to finish strong.

Margie and Luke - let it go already. The more you focus on beating one team in a grudge, the less you are going to focus on winning the entire race. It's a proven failing method.

Usually there's just one or two really annoying teams - but this season seems like the three most annoying have made it to the final four.

So Phil, let's wrap this puppy up and move on!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

Posted by Breezy on 04-27-09 at 07:24 AM
I said the same thing! Why aren't they yelling to each other, 1... 2.... 3... jump? Was it against the rules?

Posted by Loree on 04-26-09 at 10:25 PM
Margie and Luke just could not get over the Kisha/Jen incident. They had to keep bringing it up. They are only hurting themselves. And Luke again ran into one of the girls.

"Puffy In China"
Posted by Puffy on 04-28-09 at 02:59 AM

*waves from China*

I've had lots of "Amazing Race" type experiences here and I have a few ideas for detours and roadblocks. I'll be back in a week.

Compliments of the Agmeister