URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID91
Thread Number: 1616
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rhonda Britten - Life Coach from Hell"

Posted by tac_2 on 04-06-07 at 01:04 PM
Here is an account of someone who not only had bad dealings with Rhonda but Cassie, as well. Unsurprising, but still sad. I can't believe Rhonda continues conning and victimizing people. This woman describes her perfectly.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=151068877&blogID=220385091

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rhonda Britten - Life Coach from Hell"
Posted by alaholly on 04-09-07 at 01:53 AM
That is really a sad story and unfortunately it's probably one of many just like it. I haven't visited this site in a very long time and am surprised to hear that Rhonda is still in "business" at all. Is she actually still out there conning people and taking advantage of vulnerable women?

Verysad.

Posted by susang on 04-09-07 at 12:44 PM
Dr. Stan was the one with the most integrity, and I felt he interacted better with the housemates than RB and IV

Posted by eire_heart74 on 04-10-07 at 04:09 PM
>Dr. Stan was the one with
>the most integrity, and I
>felt he interacted better with
>the housemates than RB and
>IV

I agree but the reason why is simple. He is an educated trained professional conselor. He didnt' just wake up one morning and decide I want to be a life coach.

Rhonda has no training and for stories like this, it shows.

Posted by tac_2 on 04-17-07 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-07 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

>>Dr. Stan was the one with
>>the most integrity, and I
>>felt he interacted better with
>>the housemates than RB and
>>IV
>
>I agree but the reason why
>is simple. He is
>an educated trained professional conselor.
> He didnt' just wake
>up one morning and decide
>I want to be a
>life coach.
>
>Rhonda has no training and for
>stories like this, it shows.
>

Can agree here with almost everything. However, anyone who would professionally associate themselves with Rhonda Britten loses their credibility in my eyes. Dr. Stan, no exception. I was appalled to hear the two of them were cooking up some scheme to get a radio show together.
Rhonda is still grasping for new ways to promotes her con but her whole gig will be up when Mr. LoveALot catches on he's bedding down with a sociopath. When he dumps her big mean arse, Rhonda will fold...crack up again.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-18-07 at 02:24 PM
And we know, from the way Rhonda continuously attempted to push HG's into sexual relationships, that she and Mr Love-a-Lot are bedding down. If he'd held out on her, espcially for moral reason, she would've dumped him. She always seemed rather sexually desperate.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 02-23-08 at 12:56 PM
>And we know, from the way
>Rhonda continuously attempted to push
>HG's into sexual relationships, that
>she and Mr Love-a-Lot are
>bedding down. If he'd held
>out on her, esepcially for
>moral reasons, she would've dumped
>him. She always seemed rather
>sexually desperate.

Just visited Rhonda's website to see if she was still involved with Mr Love-a-Lot. And, a few blogs back Rhonda said she'd broken up with him. I guess he's now Mr Loved-a-Lot!

Posted by maryellennaco on 04-09-07 at 04:23 PM
Sad but true. I guess the b*tch is FINALLY getting some of that bad karma back. Serves her right. I'll BET there's a LOT more out there!

Posted by alaholly on 04-09-07 at 09:18 PM
Is her web site still funtioning?

Is she still "training" pretend "life coaches"?

I wonder if the Better Business Bureau or some other watchdog group has been contacted regarding her unethical business practices.

Posted by alaholly on 04-10-07 at 04:49 AM
She needs to be stopped.

Posted by tac_2 on 04-17-07 at 02:26 PM
>She needs to be stopped.

I agree, but unfortunately, I don't think her kind of con (i.e. 'life coach') has much self-policing nor would she be registered with Better Business Bureau. I think that's why cons like Rhonda choose such 'careers' and use grifters like Cassie as fronts to promote themselves.

If ever there was a figure on television I came to despise, it was Rhonda Britten.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-12-07 at 03:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-07 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

Seems to me that the only "help" Rhonda gave Cassie was fine-tuning her manipulstion skills. Which she then put into practice with this blogger. I wonder if Cassie is now practising her "skills" on Dustin. Who can blame his adoptive mother for trying to protect him from her?
As for the shabby treatment this blogger saw Rhonda dispensing at the "seminar" she attending, such behavior is nothing new. Nor, is it uncharactoristic of her. Two years ago, someone posted, on the official SOMB, how, at another such event, Rhonda cruelly belittling another attendee.

Posted by jonimoni on 04-13-07 at 09:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-07 AT 09:45 PM (EST)

Her highness is now associated with those idiots that Oprah is championing from "the secret." She is hosting these workshops now. If you don't know, "the secret" is like the power of positive thinking but with a more materialistic slant. They actually proclaim in their video that if you imagine a gold necklace, and imagine it around your neck, it will be attracted to you by positive thought. I do believe you can draw more positive people to you by being positive yourself and in this way be happier. I do not believe you can think yourself a gold necklace. She was on Oprah the other week. Now we can all chant together there is no "secret" the real secret is that people are making these liars rich by paying for workshops and Rhonda scores again! They have the nerve to call them Prophets conferences...ugh! If she is involved, it must be a scam. Loser.

Posted by YankeeDixieDoodle on 04-18-07 at 02:16 PM
Oprah blackens (no pun intended) her own reputation by associating herself with Rhonda.

Posted by alaholly on 04-19-07 at 03:24 PM
Oprah should know better.
Her staff apparently didn't do their research.
It's a shame. Rhonda will probably sucker a few more people now.

Posted by jonimoni on 04-19-07 at 05:07 PM
I was at Target yesterday and they had two of her books right on the top shelf, but then again they had a whole section of "Secret" stuff too. I know it is all about what people will buy, but boy are people stupid!

Posted by livingfearless01AKAlivingfearlessly on the Starting Over message board on 05-18-07 at 05:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-07 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

post removed

"WARNING"
Posted by Bebo on 05-26-07 at 09:09 PM
Please read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. Posting the same message multiple times is considered spamming and is not permitted here. It is also inappropriate for you to be airing your dirty laundry from another site here. That's not what these forums are about - this is a place for discussing reality shows and their participants.

"RE: Rhonda on Oprah"
Posted by Shazbot on 02-14-08 at 00:47 AM
Somehow (and I'd like to know that trick) Rhonda got herself on Oprah... but Oprah really didn't seem all that impressed.

I remember that Rhonda was only on for the last 15 minutes of the show, and with commercials we didn't hear much from her at all. It's weird to bring someone out for the last 15 minutes, which makes me wonder how it was that Oprah was in some way obligated to bring her on at all. Maybe Rhonda had some deal with one of the 'Secret' guests.

As for The Secret and wishing yourself a gold necklace... well, that strikes me as some sort of parlor game. They talk a lot about making a list and having everything on the list come true. I think good things can happen in a life, basically if you just keep your nose clean. The Secret, I think, speaks more to how un-focussed people can be to begin with. The things they wanted could've happened even if they hadn't made a list of them... but they will never know - because they made the list, and therefore it must be because of the list!!!

"RE: Rhonda on Oprah"
Posted by momof4inVA on 04-18-08 at 11:34 PM
I'm gonna write to Oprah's website and see if see'll respond. Good luck to me.

Posted by yabbadaba on 06-28-08 at 05:41 PM
I came to this discussion board by coincidence, but I need to comment, since my experience with Rhonda is positive. I have read one book, plus some posts from her blog, plus some video and audioclips from net.

I think comments on this discussion board have in general had a mean tone, purposefully putting her down. As an example, speculating with negatives with Oprah attendance.

It is likely she has made mistakes in her profession, that's what people do, but I don't believe this has been done by purpose.

I think she is in a good position to be a coach: she is smart, hard working, personally experienced in her topic and passionate with good heart.

Posted by Bebo on 06-28-08 at 08:57 PM
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines. We do not permit bashing other posters here, which is what you do when you criticize the tone of others' posts. We do allow posters to post both positive and negative comments about shows and their participants. If you cannot respond to others' posts without criticizing the posters here, then this is not the forum for you.

"To be precise"
Posted by AyaK on 07-07-08 at 07:50 PM
>I think comments on this discussion board have in general had
>a mean tone, purposefully putting her down. As an example,
>speculating with negatives with Oprah attendance.
>
>It is likely she has made mistakes in her profession, that's
>what people do, but I don't believe this has been
>done by purpose.

She may be the absolute best life coach in the world, but that really doesn't matter on this board (although I admit that I'm pleased to hear that you've had a positive experience with her).

See, we permit both praise and bashing. People are permitted to bash her for no reason at all other than that she was on a reality show. That's how we've always worked here.

I thought this was a great show, and I was sorry that it was cancelled (although pleased that it won two Emmys prior to its cancellation). But that doesn't change the posting rules.

"RE: To be precise"
Posted by sharnina on 07-18-08 at 07:34 PM
*gasp* Did you actually watch this show, AyaK?

GUESS WHAT! I got a FEV-ah -- and the only pre-SCRIP-tion
-- is MORE COWBELL!

Shar's World

Posted by talha on 05-04-16 at 01:59 PM
Yes, it is right. By the way try to be a life coache and learn from http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Become-a-Life-Coach/