URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 1614
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Terence, meet thyself..."

Posted by finallytyping on 09-29-08 at 01:18 AM
Does Terence really know who he is? In the intro he was characterized as a free spirit
which led me to believe he meant easy going. Um, getting anal about the knuckles
not matching up on a hand bump isn't quite my idea of easy going. And not being friendly to the other teams? Free spirit, you say? More like a bound and gagged spirit.

In his defense, maybe it is just bad editing?.... I think the editors where drooling over
the many contradictions in his behavior.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Terence, meet thyself..."
Posted by qwertypie on 09-29-08 at 01:44 AM
And lucky me, I'm Sarah in the "Be the" thread. Sarah -- RUN, RUN FAR AWAY. If you just started dating, he is now on his best behaviour. YIKES!

Posted by Seana on 09-29-08 at 02:10 AM
Oh, indeed. What a little tool he is. Sarah can't go chat with the other teams because "I want you to hold me. I want you to connect with me." Wah.

Also I find his hair annoying.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 09-29-08 at 10:02 AM
I think I did a "tilt dog head" when I heard that! What in the world. I told my husband he's too jealous to have a relationship with.

JSlice special!!

Posted by Breezy on 09-29-08 at 10:24 AM
I had the same head tilt. He's bad bad bad news. Run Sarah Run!!!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-29-08 at 07:41 AM
Hmph...one partner does all the work in the relationship while the other has a "fun" job...one is an annoying little turd...gee whiz, I should demand royalties for this team.

My prediction? They end up doing both Speed Bumps and staying in it on the good graces of other teams' bad decisions, inability to compete, or good old-fashioned stupidity.

Congrats Red Wings! 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!

Posted by vince3 on 10-03-08 at 10:09 PM
Welcome to Estee's world.

Posted by Max Headroom on 09-29-08 at 08:07 AM
Terence had some icky moments, but Sarah seemed whiny to me too. It could be editing for this one episode, or we could be looking at this season's villains, since I suspect they'll be around for a while. We'll see.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Posted by CTgirl on 09-29-08 at 08:33 AM
Terrence started out uber-annoying. If he said, "I love you dearly, but..." one more time I was going to scream. As the show wore on I decided that Sarah was really whiny and just as annoying. We really got to know them, so yeah, I agree, they're here for a while.

Mangafied by Slice

Posted by qwertypie on 10-06-08 at 04:15 PM
I think I'll take a shot everytime he says that. Good bye liver!

Posted by zombiebaby on 09-29-08 at 08:47 AM
Sarah reminds me of a high maintence friend. One who needs constant reassuring. She has low self esteem and likes that Terrence needs her exclusively.

They are a perfect match IMO.

Almost as creepy as Wizard of Oz dolls!!!Fancy Footwork by Arkie!

Posted by aquariaqueen on 09-29-08 at 10:03 AM
But she'll be stripped of her identity if they get married. He'll be a controll freak and will alienate her from her friends and family. This is a classic "Dear Abby" case.

JSlice special!!

Posted by warp_core breach on 09-29-08 at 10:22 AM
Free spirit, you say? More like a bound and
gagged spirit.

Tee hee! Good one! Totally agree. This dude is a knuckle-head and she's just plain weird.

Siggie courtesy of Seana

Posted by PsychoKitty on 10-03-08 at 10:01 PM
I too was surprised - the description didn't match the person I saw! At first he seemed like Mr. Health Foody Mellow Dude, but as even just the first morning went on, the inner type A personality showed. And when he sets boundaries with her, and uses all the sensitive sounding words, "I love you but stop - blah, blah blah....! That is REALLY weird!!! I don't know about being the villian but he is anything but alternative and mellow! And her constantly outrunning him was pretty hilarious. Isn't he the physical trainer?

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by udg on 10-06-08 at 03:47 PM
He coaches runners! Those who can, run; those who can't, coach.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by PsychoKitty on 10-06-08 at 09:17 PM
hahaha! And re the Dear Abby thought - his behavior IS indicative of an abuser - maybe one in training. Trying to alienate her from everyone, being so needy. And oh my gawd the MOOD SWINGS!!!! When he hit his head on the taxi trunk - what a drama queen!!!! Run Sara Run!!!!

Signature by tribephyl

Posted by qwertypie on 10-06-08 at 10:45 PM
He is acting like a spoiled, petulant 3 year old.

"Hey!"
Posted by udg on 10-07-08 at 02:07 AM
That's an insult to spoilt, petulant 3 year olds everywhere.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by PsychoKitty on 10-13-08 at 08:05 PM
Let me just end by saying - to all of you women out there (myself included) who have longed for, wished for, a sensitive male partner you can really communicate with - be careful what you wish for!!!!! You might just get it!

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signature by tribephyl

Posted by finallytyping on 10-14-08 at 00:18 AM
ok, I can't believe I'm responding this way to my own post but....

does it seem to anyone else that Terence has mellowed a bit? I would have
expected him to blow his top when they realized that they had taken a taxi
instead of walking. He seemed a bit like a dog with his tail between his legs.
I don't remember him saying much at all during the whole episode.

Maybe it was just the lack of oxygen to his brain.

I'm wondering, though, if they are getting the winners edit. They introduced Terence to us as a jerk.
Will he redeem himself and, in the end, be loved by all?